Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Does this radio have an alarm in it?

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2004, 05:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does this radio have an alarm in it?

I don't have the factory radio in my ek, but I'm looking to get the factory alarm back. Does anyone know if this radio has it inside? I see the green connector, so I figure it should. Just trying to double check. Thanks.

Old 05-01-2004, 06:57 PM
kr
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Does this radio have an alarm in it? (eliktronik)

there is no alarm built into that radio unit.
green light-radio on
Red blinking-Anti theft device-need code when battary is removed or no power going to your head unit.
Old 05-01-2004, 08:05 PM

Default Re: Does this radio have an alarm in it? (kr)

I'm not sure what you're saying about the lights, but can you tell me how to tell then? What is that green plug on the radio for? Can the alarm be seperated from the radio? Thanks.
Old 05-01-2004, 09:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

looking at your radio i'd say no since you dont have that unit that goes in the slot thats open
Old 05-01-2004, 10:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Does this radio have an alarm in it? (BatuKing)

My guess is that he's talking about the keyless entry that was run through the radios for a while. If that's what you're asking then I'd say yes, that will probably work. You're going to need to program the FACTORY transmitters to it though.
Old 05-02-2004, 06:35 AM

Default Re: Does this radio have an alarm in it? (B18C4-T)

Ok, so are you guys saying that the keyless entry is seperate from the alarm? Is the keyless entry inside the radio, and the alarm inside the cutout in the back? Yeah, this is for a '98 which has the alarm/radio combination.
Old 05-02-2004, 06:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my 95 DX came with a 99+ civic cd player and it has an anti-theft light on it. what does it do?
Old 05-02-2004, 07:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Does this radio have an alarm in it? (thrty8street)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by thrty8street &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">my 95 DX came with a 99+ civic cd player and it has an anti-theft light on it. what does it do?</TD></TR></TABLE>

So if someone decides to steal your cd player, it won't work on their car unless they put in the code. Only the owner can get the code form the honda dealorship
Old 05-02-2004, 08:09 AM
H-T White Ops

I don't think they keyless entry unit is in the stereo. Actually I'm about 99.9999% sure of that. My stock radio is long gone and my stock remotes still work. Actually so did my stock alarm. I say just take the damn thing out. Everything is going to keep working just fine. Screw the green plug.
Old 05-02-2004, 08:18 AM

Default Re: (IslandSi)

You definitely have a different car, what year is yours? I bought the car w/o the radio, but I have the original remote. The keyless does not work and neither does the dome light, since it ran through the factory keyless unit which was inside the radio. This is a common problem on 96-98's that is documented everywhere.

This is a picture of a radio someone is selling on ebay, I'm just trying to find out whether it has an alarm/keyless. 99.9999% sure it has keyless, which is what the green plug is for, but I'm unsure as to whether it has an alarm.

My question is whether the keyless/alarm unit was the same thing. Anyone actually familiar with these things?
Old 05-02-2004, 10:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Does this radio have an alarm in it? (sshaikh01)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sshaikh01 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

So if someone decides to steal your cd player, it won't work on their car unless they put in the code. Only the owner can get the code form the honda dealorship</TD></TR></TABLE>

what id i decide to put another head unit in my car and want to put the old civic one on another one of my cars? it wont work right, because i dont have the code?
Old 05-02-2004, 11:51 AM

Default Re: (eliktronik)

alarm and anti-theft is different
Old 05-02-2004, 12:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (IslandSi)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by IslandSi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I don't think they keyless entry unit is in the stereo. Actually I'm about 99.9999% sure of that. My stock radio is long gone and my stock remotes still work. Actually so did my stock alarm. I say just take the damn thing out. Everything is going to keep working just fine. Screw the green plug.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Only certain years had it running through the radio, you probably didn't fall in that year range.

Old 05-02-2004, 12:53 PM

Default Re: (boredracer408)

96-98 the keyless entry is through the radio... it will no longer work if you cut the power wire.. they make a special harness for the 96-98 civic with keyless entry.. what they do is bury the stock deck under the dash...
Old 05-02-2004, 01:51 PM
H-T White Ops

Default Re: (4DRPIMPIN)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 4DRPIMPIN &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Only certain years had it running through the radio, you probably didn't fall in that year range.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Mine's a 00 Si.
Old 05-02-2004, 05:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Does this radio have an alarm in it? (thrty8street)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by thrty8street &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

what id i decide to put another head unit in my car and want to put the old civic one on another one of my cars? it wont work right, because i dont have the code?
</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 05-02-2004, 05:43 PM

YES the keyless is in the radio.. and in some cases the dome light is in it as well so if you unplug the radio and your dome light shuts off then you need to get the harness from Metra that alows you to keep both keyless and the dome light, and then the radio gets placed some where else in the car most likely under the dash. and for the alram part..... honda has a unit that mounts in the cut out on the top of the radio... and on the radio its self the green plug is for the keyless and dome light and you should another harness in the dash for the alarm if youd like to add it, so i hope this helps...................................
Old 05-02-2004, 05:54 PM

Default Re: Does this radio have an alarm in it? (frgyii)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by frgyii &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">YES the keyless is in the radio.. and in some cases the dome light is in it as well so if you unplug the radio and your dome light shuts off then you need to get the harness from Metra that alows you to keep both keyless and the dome light, and then the radio gets placed some where else in the car most likely under the dash. and for the alram part..... honda has a unit that mounts in the cut out on the top of the radio... and on the radio its self the green plug is for the keyless and dome light and you should another harness in the dash for the alarm if youd like to add it, so i hope this helps...................................</TD></TR></TABLE>

Wow, someone who actually tried to answer my question. Thank you. So you're saying there should be 2 green harnesses? Are you sure? Anyways, I ordered a radio with an alarm in the cut out. Thanks for the tips.
Old 05-02-2004, 09:23 PM

should be one harness that was in the radio and one that is taped up inside the dash, now im saying it should be but it might not be soo.... and a little info for you, if the harness are there doing an after market alarm would be easy all of your wires would be right there with the exception of like 12v and ing soo just to let you know
Old 05-05-2004, 05:29 PM

Default Re: Does this radio have an alarm in it? (frgyii)

Edit: forget it...

Modified by eliktronik at 9:46 PM 5/5/2004
Old 05-05-2004, 05:57 PM

If you EK is an EX, LX, or HX model it will have 2 green plugs and a white one on the factory harness behind the dash, the one that goes into that green slot connected to your radio controlls keyless entry, for your factory alarm to work, you need the alarm control module and some relays. I have a complete set for what you want for sale... I have the factory radio, the alarm module kit (NIB), and a keyless entry remote... IM me if you are interested

Old 05-05-2004, 06:22 PM

yea i ran into the same problem....the keyless entry runs through your factory radio if you have a tape deck below you can simply remover the tape player but keep the face so it looks as though it is still there and mount your factory cd behind it.....