Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

does Integra TypeR sway bars can go on my Civic coupe EX '93?!

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2007, 01:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default does Integra TypeR sway bars can go on my Civic coupe EX '93?!

all is in the topic title...so write, please!
Old 05-17-2007, 01:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: does Integra TypeR sway bars can go on my Civic coupe EX '93?! (KLiK)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by KLiK &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">all is in the topic title...so write, please!</TD></TR></TABLE>

yes it does, just make sure you have some type of reinforment to prevent sub-frame tear out.
Old 05-17-2007, 01:11 PM

Default Re: does Integra TypeR sway bars can go on my Civic coupe EX '93?! (KLiK)

Yes. Try proof-reading your title next time.
Old 05-17-2007, 01:12 PM
Ek Forever y0!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Which one?

The strut tower bar will fit, but you'll need the right LCA's in the rear to mount it up.
Old 05-17-2007, 01:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: does Integra TypeR sway bars can go on my Civic coupe EX '93?! (ek forever guy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ek forever guy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Which one?

The strut tower bar will fit, but you'll need the right LCA's in the rear to mount it up.</TD></TR></TABLE>

actually the rear swaybar will definately fit without swapping out LCA's.
Old 05-17-2007, 01:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: does Integra TypeR sway bars can go on my Civic coupe EX '93?! (philosofy1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by philosofy1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">actually the rear swaybar will definately fit without swapping out LCA's.</TD></TR></TABLE>

nope, EX coupe didn't come stock with a rear sway, so the lca's don't have sway bar endlink holes, you have to buy aftermarket or get oem integra or civic with sway holes

other than that it's a direct bolt-on, but you risk subframe tearout if you don't get something like a beaks kit, comptech or asr brace
Old 05-17-2007, 01:21 PM
Ek Forever y0!

Default Re: does Integra TypeR sway bars can go on my Civic coupe EX '93?! (2coupes)

Yep, you'll need Si or the ITR lcas.

But like 2coupes said, witht he bar back there you'll rip apart your subframe without some support.

What are you using for the front sway bar?

Modified by ek forever guy at 2:39 PM 5/17/2007
Old 05-17-2007, 01:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: does Integra TypeR sway bars can go on my Civic coupe EX '93?! (2coupes)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 2coupes &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

nope, EX coupe didn't come stock with a rear sway, so the lca's don't have sway bar endlink holes, you have to buy aftermarket or get oem integra or civic with sway holes

other than that it's a direct bolt-on, but you risk subframe tearout if you don't get something like a beaks kit, comptech or asr brace</TD></TR></TABLE>

ex's did come with a rear sway bar. i thought the 93 came with it but i guess not. which can only mean the 94-95 civic's ex came with it.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ek forever guy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

What are you using for the front upper bar?</TD></TR></TABLE>

front upper bar? you do know we are talking about a sway bar and not a strut bar which is 2 different bars.
Old 05-17-2007, 01:33 PM
Ek Forever y0!

Default Re: does Integra TypeR sway bars can go on my Civic coupe EX '93?! (philosofy1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by philosofy1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">front upper bar? you do know we are talking about a sway bar and not a strut bar which is 2 different bars. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Yes, but he needs something to compensate for the extra rigidity in the rear.

If it's too stiff in the rear it will handle terribly.

You can't really do one without the other.
Old 05-17-2007, 01:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: does Integra TypeR sway bars can go on my Civic coupe EX '93?! (ek forever guy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ek forever guy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

You can't really do one without the other.</TD></TR></TABLE>

then you mean a front sway bar right? strut bars have nothing to do with this (unless it's a asr brace, but that's more to prevent a tear out).

sway bar is to reduce body roll.
sturt bars are to assist in body ridigness.
a strut bar cannot compensate for a sway bar.
Old 05-17-2007, 01:40 PM
Ek Forever y0!

Ninja Edit

That's what I meant, I don't know what I was thinking. Damn it's been a long day.

Old 05-17-2007, 01:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by philosofy1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ex's did come with a rear sway bar. i thought the 93 came with it but i guess not. which can only mean the 94-95 civic's ex came with it.

front upper bar? you do know we are talking about a sway bar and not a strut bar which is 2 different bars. </TD></TR></TABLE>

My 95 Ex certainly didn't come with any rear swaybar parts. It was the Si that usually got the tiny swaybar. Some del sols may have come with a swaybar, but they're like India to me - I don't care about them.

I won't even get into chassis rigidity and what it does, but a rear sway bar will be the biggest performance modifier besides shocks/springs. You want the car to oversteer slightly so you start gassing your way through the corners earlier, among other things, which is what a massive swaybar in the rear does.
Old 05-17-2007, 02:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: does Integra TypeR sway bars can go on my Civic coupe EX '93?! (HiProfile)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by HiProfile &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

My 95 Ex certainly didn't come with any rear swaybar parts. It was the Si that usually got the tiny swaybar. Some del sols may have come with a swaybar, but they're like India to me - I don't care about them.

I won't even get into chassis rigidity and what it does, but a rear sway bar will be the biggest performance modifier besides shocks/springs. You want the car to oversteer slightly so you start gassing your way through the corners earlier, among other things, which is what a massive swaybar in the rear does.</TD></TR></TABLE>

well, maybe i'm the only honda owner who ever had a civic ex with a stock rear sway bar.

my old 95 (coupe) ex had a oem rear sway bar. my cousins 4dr ex currently has a rear sway bar. which they also came with rear (abs) disc brakes too.
maybe only civics with abs came with rear sway bars, IDK. it's not the greatest sway bar, but there is one back there and they did come from the factory like that, not only the si.

come on ht, you have to atleast do your homework!

Old 05-17-2007, 02:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

the EX sedan did come with a rear sway bar, my 95 EX didn't come with a sway, yours probably had one because the previous owner added it
Old 05-17-2007, 02:50 PM

Default Re: (2coupes)

if the car comes with rear drums it did not inculude a sway bar

abs rear discs and sway bar was the abs option package

what i did was just swap out the entire *** end from an integra the sway bar bolts right in to the lca's and the chasis subframe bar, and you have rear discs
Old 05-18-2007, 05:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Team RS2)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 2coupes &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">the EX sedan did come with a rear sway bar, my 95 EX didn't come with a sway, yours probably had one because the previous owner added it</TD></TR></TABLE>

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Team RS2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">if the car comes with rear drums it did not inculude a sway bar

abs rear discs and sway bar was the abs option package

</TD></TR></TABLE>

yeah that's what i was thinking, i knew civic's ex came with one, whether it was an option or not.
Old 05-19-2007, 09:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 2coupes &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

other than that it's a direct bolt-on, but you risk subframe tearout if you don't get something like a beaks kit, comptech or asr brace</TD></TR></TABLE>

that is why I'm putting the rear sway bar! mine's got none (american version), but EU version got that sway bar, but it's thiner than Integras!

but what if I get the sway bar & the central mounting from Integra?! will the Integra central mount rip of the subframe?
Old 05-19-2007, 09:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ek forever guy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Yep, you'll need Si or the ITR lcas.

But like 2coupes said, with the bar back there you'll rip apart your subframe without some support.

What are you using for the front sway bar?

Modified by ek forever guy at 2:39 PM 5/17/2007</TD></TR></TABLE>

right now I'm using the original Civic sway bar...but that is also set for upgrade to Integra TypeR version!
Old 05-19-2007, 09:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

You can't really do one without the other.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I'll put KONI SPORT on the rear, and set it for more softly use!

also some spoiler in the rear to keep it down...but only like AUDI TT or RS4 version...small but effective!
Old 05-19-2007, 12:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

not sure abought type r but, del sol ones will fit.
Old 05-19-2007, 12:39 PM
Ek Forever y0!

Default Re: does Integra TypeR sway bars can go on my Civic coupe EX '93?! (turbo-lude)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by KLiK &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
I'll put KONI SPORT on the rear, and set it for more softly use!

also some spoiler in the rear to keep it down...but only like AUDI TT or RS4 version...small but effective!</TD></TR></TABLE>

You're joking right? Your shocks have nothing to do with chassis rigidity. The spoiler aint keeping **** down. Even if your spoiler had a benefactor it wouldn't be until oh say 130+ mph.
Old 05-19-2007, 04:03 PM
be professional

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by philosofy1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">actually the rear swaybar will definately fit without swapping out LCA's.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Only EX sedans had a rear sway bar from '92-95. Other models (including EX coupe and Si hatchback) did not.
Old 05-19-2007, 11:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: does Integra TypeR sway bars can go on my Civic coupe EX '93?! (Targa250R)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Targa250R &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Only EX sedans had a rear sway bar from '92-95. Other models (including EX coupe and Si hatchback) did not.</TD></TR></TABLE>

i'm through having this argument. ex coupes with abs came with rear sway bars and i know the si hatchback came with them too. only certain years did (the later models, like 94-95). do your homework before coming to class.
Old 05-20-2007, 02:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

so guy this is the next Q:

WOULD THE CENTRAL MOUNT & LINKAGE FROM INTEGRA TYPE-R WITH INTEGRA TYPE-R SWAY BAR THORN MY SUBFRAME?
Old 05-20-2007, 08:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

You're joking right? Your shocks have nothing to do with chassis rigidity. The spoiler aint keeping **** down. Even if your spoiler had a benefactor it wouldn't be until oh say 130+ mph.</TD></TR></TABLE>

NO!

on KONI SPORT I can open & close the valve...so that would harden or soften my suspension! the sway bar will only keep the left end & right end together...making my turns more grippier!

the spoiler would give me a push after 40+ or 50+ mph...just enough that the *** isn't hopping around like the rabbits ***!

Quick Reply: does Integra TypeR sway bars can go on my Civic coupe EX '93?!