Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

D16 Cam question??

Old 07-29-2007, 12:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default D16 Cam question??

What is a good cam for a d16y8 with after market I/H/E, Intake mani and Throttle body? Skunk 2, Buddy Club? May use N02. Also may be turbo'd down the road. Also what would be good software to tune with?
Old 07-30-2007, 02:16 PM

bump!
Old 07-30-2007, 02:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (jimbrown)

for the SOHC i like comp/zex cams

if you do a search on google there is an artical about zex/comp cams via import tuner magazine

Old 07-30-2007, 02:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: did the work for you!

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Richard... &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">for the SOHC i like comp/zex cams

if you do a search on google there is an artical about zex/comp cams via import tuner magazine

</TD></TR></TABLE>

http://www.importtuner.com/tec....html
Old 07-30-2007, 02:56 PM

Default Re: did the work for you! (Richard...)

first, you should decide whether or not you're gonna boost your motor. if so, you should wait on the cam till then. i prefer crower stg 2 cams for street driven sohc's. they make one for turbo, and one for n/a. the n/a one has greater lift and duration than stock, and a particularly aggressive high-cam (vtec) profile. the turbo cam has a bit more lift, but less duration, in order to prevent reversion. i don't think anyone else makes a cam explicitly for turbo applications.

also, if you're thinking about a cam upgrade for an n/a setup, you might as well do a full high comp rebuild on the head, for pretty cheap. but high comp isn't ideal for turbo.

either way, crower makes a great reliable cam. you just have to decide what your goals are. i think most sohc drivers would be happy with just a built head... and it's not gonna cost you more than the car is worth to do it.
Old 07-30-2007, 04:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: did the work for you! (CALC!_JUST_du_IT!)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CALC!_JUST_du_IT! &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Also, if you're thinking about a cam upgrade for an n/a setup, you might as well do a full high comp rebuild on the head, for pretty cheap. but high comp isn't ideal for turbo.
Either way, crower makes a great reliable cam. you just have to decide what your goals are. I think most sohc drivers would be happy with just a built head... and it's not going to cost you more than the car is worth to do it.</TD></TR></TABLE>

First of all I am not a turbo fan by any means However I have a few turbo friends

Speaking turbo high comp is idea HOWEVER due to the US having **** water for petrol/gas you have to in the case of DOHC lower the comp in most cases however with the SOHC your ok with the 9:? Whatever you have depending on the amount of boost your going to go with people will tell you to change your rods for stronger ones

As for having a built head, there is no sense in doing a PnP if your not going to be that aggressive with the build. I would as the above said think about what your going to do with the build if you go N/a decide upon what comp you want to go with then work around that with the type of cam and so forth...

Other things to think about in your build are gearing! But that’s a whole other thread!