Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Does anyone keep their windshield washer system and cruise control question?

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2010, 02:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does anyone keep their windshield washer system and cruise control question?

Personally I never use mine and all I see is a completely useless system and a really ugly tank when I pop the hood so I was thinking about removing the whole thing, except the nozzles on the hood.
Is there anything I should be aware of taking it out or is it just a pretty simple remove and never worry about it again type of deal?

And what would cause the Cruise Control not to work, blown fuse? I was thinking about tearing that out too cause I can't figure out why it refuses to work anymore.
Old 01-30-2010, 02:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Does anyone keep their windshield washer system and cruise control question?

I tore out all my windshield washer stuff except for the nozzles in the hood because when my car was stolen back in 2005 the damn thiefs stole the motor/pump deal and broke the tank. I never used it anyways so I just took it all out rather than fix it..I don't miss it at all. I can keep my windshield clean when I fill up with gas at the gas station will those things they have..only thing that sucks is if a bird drops a bomb at you when your doing 50mph and splat!.

As for cruise, thats up to you.
Old 01-30-2010, 06:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Does anyone keep their windshield washer system and cruise control question?

blown fuse could do it

i own a civic without cruise and with my track record with the cops id say keep it or sell it to me lol
Old 01-30-2010, 06:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Both are Nice to have sometimes. I live in Ohio some in the winter the windshield with cake up with salt residue. I also enjoy CC on long trips.
Old 01-30-2010, 06:53 AM
Reject Papi

here in pennsylvania it is necessary to have the washer system functional for state inspections.
Old 01-30-2010, 10:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Cruise I could go either way on. I would definitely keep at least a washer system in there. Maybe if you could stealth something up it'd be nice. Or I have a tank, pump, lines, etc on a parts car. The pumps are like $13 from Honda NEW. Or you can get a universal tank on eBay for like $20 with the pump and line and all that. Or a junkyard may sell you a tank and pump cheap if you can find something off another car.
Old 01-30-2010, 10:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I never use either of them, the windshield wiper fluid if ever used always creates more of a mess then a clean up. I'd rather remove them just cuz it cleans up the bay pretty nicely.
Old 01-30-2010, 11:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

it also depends on where you live if you get alot of snow then the salt always gets on mine so i ALWAYs blow thru washer fluid because its snows from november to usually atleast may and sometimes april so nearly half the year i have snow and salt to contend with
Old 01-30-2010, 12:09 PM
Resident Gearhead

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

If you don't use/need either system get rid of them, if that's what you want to do. You don't need the permission of H-T. It's a no brainer, I am surprised this is even a thread.

I must have the winshield washer fluid system were I live and I wish (more than almost anything) that my car had CC.

Originally Posted by 97ej6dx
its snows from november to usually atleast MARCH and sometimes april so nearly half the year i have snow and salt to contend with
Fixed
Old 01-30-2010, 02:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

my civic i have now came without the tank/motor, its a fun car so i dont care and i tore out the nozzles and everything, and just shave the hole later. all that system is good for is snowstorms and such assuming you keep your car clean otherwise. if its a dd keep it.

on my old rx7 i took off the wipers and motors as well, i never let that thing see rain. looks clean, saves a few pounds.
Old 01-30-2010, 11:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Decided to remove washers, one of the lines were broken anyway and the container was dirty as **** inside + empty. Windshield washers aren't a requirement by law right? Just windshield wipers?...in California.

CC is definitely a keeper but I dunno where to start looking on that as to why it won't turn on anymore. Blown fuse, bad relay, something else?

Last edited by iCollectStraws; 01-30-2010 at 11:21 PM.
Old 01-30-2010, 11:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Are you building a street legal car or a race car? 5-10 lbs doesn't make much of a difference in DD. Your story may be different than mine but I have had my fair share of run ins with the police and I don't want anymore; therefore, you should save yourself the headache of an ******* cop and just do it legit. I do want to stress that I don't believe CC is mandatory but I think wiper fluid is. Cheers.
Old 01-30-2010, 11:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Anyone ever try and hide the cruise control like behind the dash or anything? IMO bays looks so much cleaner without them but I'm not a huge fan of taking something out that is functional.