Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

does anyone on haonda-tech know anything?? i need help with my h22 eg

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2007, 02:18 PM
* B A N N E D *

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default does anyone on haonda-tech know anything?? i need help with my h22 eg

Ive been really dissapointed with Honda-tech lately, many of my posts have gone unanswered, even after i have bumped them a few times.

First please dont post if you dont know what your talking about, cause most of you dont

Im finally very close to finishing my project H22 eg, it runs and drives, but the only problems i am having right now is that the car idles at 3k?? and it bogs after 7rpms in and out of vtec

im running a chipped pherable ecu
- 2 step launch
- 8300 redline
- 7700 shift light
no knock sensor or egr valve
- 550 deka injectors

the ecu did not support dual butterflys so i removed them from the intake manifold

timing is on, car drives fine, just doesnt have a top end because of the bogging

please help

Old 10-20-2007, 02:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Your running 550cc injectors on a stock motor?
Old 10-20-2007, 02:37 PM
* B A N N E D *

Default Re: (uptownspeedstar)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by uptownspeedstar &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Your running 550cc injectors on a stock motor?</TD></TR></TABLE>

yes... i dint want to deal with a resistor box....

and the ecu is chipped for them, so its not a problem
Old 10-20-2007, 03:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (solbrothers)

Well, I certainly don't agree with the approach pertaining to the injectors. 550's are borderline hard to idle, and to avoid a simple resistor box and it's wiring is pretty extreme.

At any rate, you didn't lay out the facts so, lets get to the point here:

Is the idle steady at 3000rpm or is it fluctuating?

Do you have any check engine lights?

Do you have access to a wideband?

The idle issue: High idle to that extent is going to reveal an extreme vacuum leak or throttle plate stuck opened somewhat. Take the intake off so you can access the throttle body, and with the car running place something over the entire throttle body to block the air entirely. With an idle that high I wouldnt' be surprised if the cars continues to run. This should allow you to identify part or all of the problem.

The bogging: I see you say the ecu is "chipped" for those injectors, but that is truly not the case. The chip may have been altered to an extent that the car will start and run, but as is the nature of a basemap it's going to be very rich and very conservative. In addition, injector battery offset settings in the management are likely wrong unless you specified the injector type to Phearable. The intention of that chip is for you to be tuned, but have temporary mobility. Your high end bogging, barring any engine lights, is likely the result of an overly rich or untuned condition. This is why I asked if you have a wideband which can give you realtime information.

I'll be honest, I think your approach to this swap is pretty offline. The IAB's, on a stock configuration H22, are really essential to making some low to midrange torque, that your losing by sacrificing the IAB's. You also would have been better served to stay with the stock injectors and run the resistor with an appropriate map on the chip.

If it's your intention to stay this way, that's up to you, but you need to be ready to deal with these issues and have your car tuned by someone compitent.

Honda-Tech doesn't lack knowledge, your just honestly in the wrong forum. These forums generally contain more noob's that are far less experienced. I come here once a month if your lucky just to help a few random people out with things that aren't being answered. You'll look to the hybrid forums, all motor forums and tech forums for these types of problems and be alot more successful getting answers.