Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

does anyone else feel the same way...WTF?

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2002, 02:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default does anyone else feel the same way...WTF?

is it me or does it seem like there are so many posts asking for opinions. for example the "which rim?", "which hood?"and "wat is the best motor swap for?" questions. wat the hell is goin on. i understand the new ppl comin on here have lots of Q's but god damn there are other ways of getting the obvious Q's answered. especially the opinion Q's. the only way you can answer those Q's is if you answer it yourself because if you do somin because this person said so and so then that is just lame and you suck ***** at wat you wanna do to your car.

do any of the veterans on this board feel the same way? cmon i know you do!

another thing im gettin kinda frustrated with are the ppl that have no clue about wat they are doing. i know i dont know everything about hondas and such but i do know some ****. wat is up with these stupid questions. you heard the saying "the only wrong question is a question not asked" or however way it goes. that is totally true but holy **** some of them are so damn dumb. like the other day some dude asked "how much pressure should be in your tire". i mean cmon......WTF????. if you dont know that answer then you dont need to be driving.

sorry for this post but it is really gettin on my nerves because the questions that really are worth askin are being pushed back because somebody wants to know which way to turn the key in the ignition to start their car or some **** like that.

sorry DRAG i had to post this...........
Old 05-11-2002, 02:31 AM
DSC

Default Re: does anyone else feel the same way...WTF? (dirtySOHC's)

I havent been here long but I agree. I think its lame when somebody posts "What do you like?" If thats the case I'd like for them to give me money. My advice would be do whatever you like and not follow the crowd.

However, the Search function thing dont work too well. You gotta put exactly what was posted.
Old 05-11-2002, 02:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: does anyone else feel the same way...WTF? (DSC)

I havent been here long but I agree. I think its lame when somebody posts "What do you like?" If thats the case I'd like for them to give me money. My advice would be do whatever you like and not follow the crowd.

However, the Search function thing dont work too well. You gotta put exactly what was posted.
that is true the search function bugs out sometimes but still.......the obvious questions is wat gets me.

i think the best thing someone can do if they are new to the car scene is to buy a manual for their car. there is so much info that can answer alot of the questions being asked on this board. dont you think?
Old 05-11-2002, 02:43 AM
New User

Yeah, the opinion posts are a waste of bandwidth for the most part. Especially if it has been asked already.
Old 05-11-2002, 03:15 AM

Default Re: does anyone else feel the same way...WTF?

I'll be honest, about 3 months ago I popped the "what wheel" question, but I was looking to see if someone knew of a wheel that I didn't.. I was looking for a lightweight WHITE wheel. Looked into the Kosei's, the Konig Traffik's, and another.

Perhaps someone who has been here long enough can talk to an administrator here and get an OPINION board.. keep it out of the car specific boards.. make sense?? or have admin. make a "NOVICE" forum.. it would be good for those who have been around forever to not have to deal with the easy questions (expect for an occasional laugh) as well as give newbies a place to check out what other newbies have "?" 's on... Anyone agree???
Old 05-11-2002, 03:18 AM
DSC

Default Re: does anyone else feel the same way...WTF? (Bassicfun)

Well there is a Newbie Forum
Maybe the mods should regulate.
Old 05-11-2002, 03:21 AM

Well there is a Newbie Forum
Maybe the mods should regulate.
HA!! Tell I have a del sol??? never scroll down past it.. haha!!
sorry, my bad
Old 05-11-2002, 03:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I'll be honest, about 3 months ago I popped the "what wheel" question, but I was looking to see if someone knew of a wheel that I didn't.. I was looking for a lightweight WHITE wheel. Looked into the Kosei's, the Konig Traffik's, and another.

Perhaps someone who has been here long enough can talk to an administrator here and get an OPINION board.. keep it out of the car specific boards.. make sense?? or have admin. make a "NOVICE" forum.. it would be good for those who have been around forever to not have to deal with the easy questions (expect for an occasional laugh) as well as give newbies a place to check out what other newbies have "?" 's on... Anyone agree???
that is understandable. you werent asking for an opinion you were askin for help and if i saw that post and i had the answer i would be more than happy to help.

we do have the appearance forum.....wat you were saying is a pretty good idea doh. i aint tryin to bother the mods or admins about somin this little they have enough to worry about.
Old 05-11-2002, 04:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

The way I see it why should you give a crap about what other people think. building a car is something you should be proud of and something that is unique. If everyone listened to everyone else all the cars would be lame and you would not appreciate it. If someone told you that a piece of dog crap looks cool smeared on your headlights would the majority of trendy "tuners" do it? My thoughts, yes I think they would.

Closing statement: do what you like and stop giving a crap about what other people think.

[Modified by civicgsr94, 1:05 PM 5/11/2002]
Old 05-11-2002, 04:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: does anyone else feel the same way...WTF? (civicgsr94)

The way I see it why should you give a crap about what other people think. building a car is something you should be proud of and something that is unique. If everyone listened to everyone else all the cars would be lame and you would not appreciate it. If someone told you that a piece of dog crap looks cool smeared on your headlights would the majority of trendy "tuners" do it? My thoughts, yes I think they would.

Closing statement: do what you like and stop giving a crap about what other people think.

[Modified by civicgsr94, 1:05 PM 5/11/2002]
i know wat you are saying and i feel you but i made this thread to talk about the stupid threads that are being posted. not about how someone fixes up their car.

good point but was repeated several times.
Old 05-11-2002, 04:54 AM

This is also something that boards like this are best for.

Have you ever tried to find out the WEIGHT of a wheel? Might as well ask the guy at Tire Rack how long is the company president's *******.

On the OTHER hand, LOTS of Honda-Tech'ers can tell you what the weight of their tire and wheel packages are down to the GRAM. Some of them might be able to tell you how long Tire Rack's president's ******* is too - based on the prices they get sometimes.

Oh, it would be nice if everybody had $70 for a good Helm's (but for people like me you need TWO - one for the chassis, one for the engine) - and they come here for advise on the cheap.

Although occassionally annoying, I still like the board.

Shawn

[Modified by shawnhayes, 1:54 PM 5/11/2002]
Old 05-11-2002, 05:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: does anyone else feel the same way...WTF?

I can see what your, and I've been asking a lot of "newbie" questions about turbos, and there kind of setups so I can get a basis of what also to look for on the internet. Some of my questions sound like opinion questions but I'm using it as a basis so then I can do more searches about that product and other products in that category. And yes I'm a newbie to turbos but I have to start somewhere so why not ask people who have them? I rather talk to someone who has personal experience that read a book on a guys one certain setup and ways, and you can't ask him why because its a book. But I do agree for the non-turbo posts, most peoples post could be fixed with a helms manual. I dont have one yet but will be picking one up soon. $70 for the book is nothing for it. After the 1st thing you install/fix on your car you have paid for the book because you didn't have to pay a mechanic to do it.
Old 05-11-2002, 05:22 AM
I forgot more about hondas then you will ever know....

Location: hop,skip, and a jump from the city,, new friggin york, USA
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

is it me or does it seem like there are so many posts asking for opinions. for example the "which rim?", "which hood?"and "wat is the best motor swap for?"
just ignore those posts. you will find it everywhere. but good ol h-t is still the best
Old 05-11-2002, 05:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: does anyone else feel the same way...WTF? (Hintegra22)

I agree thats there way too much opinion Q's. Most relate to rims or paint schemes to their car. Fact is.. there are too many people that want to make their cars look good in order to please others. Its all about the trends and whos Mr. popularity... no individuality. God dang... its like you need peoples approval before you can do something to your own car or something. I think because this board is so Anti-rice has alot to do with it.
I say to hell with everyone else.... do what you want to you car...rice or no rice. Jdm or bone stock... its still YOUR car and YOUR money. Forget what everyone else is doing.. have some vision and creativity.
Old 05-11-2002, 06:36 AM

Default Re: does anyone else feel the same way...WTF? (CRX_VTEC)

I agree thats there way too much opinion Q's. Most relate to rims or paint schemes to their car. Fact is.. there are too many people that want to make their cars look good in order to please others. Its all about the trends and whos Mr. popularity... no individuality. God dang... its like you need peoples approval before you can do something to your own car or something. I think because this board is so Anti-rice has alot to do with it.
I say to hell with everyone else.... do what you want to you car...rice or no rice. Jdm or bone stock... its still YOUR car and YOUR money. Forget what everyone else is doing.. have some vision and creativity.
I totally agree w/you. IT'S YOUR CAR! HOW REALLY CARES WHAT _______ THINKS! Individuality and creativity is a must! It would really be *** if all the cars looked the same just because of what's "cool" right now. We might as well start a petition to tell HONDA to have ALL their lines to come w/CF hoods and Blackwheels!!! I mean there are some bad SHOW cars but some really are clean. Bottom line: A NICE CAR IS A NICE CAR regardless of what's trendy right now! just my .02 cents.
Old 05-11-2002, 07:34 AM

if they re going to ask stupid questions..just dont rag on me for giving them a shitty opinion...if ur afraid of the answers..dont ask the questions if they re that dumb...but, WTF !!! ask them anyways
Old 05-11-2002, 07:38 AM

we were all newbies at one time..and some of these newbies are mechanics..so they re not exactly dumb..just ingorant at perhaps finding something online..its my opinion of course ..let the newbies stumble where we ve all been and learn like the rest of us..put up with the occasional flame and get on with it..and, how the hell a newbie going to learn from another newbie?..we ve all got to take these guys by the hand and help them thru the hard times..they ll learn..and befor u know it...they ll be posting the WTF post
Old 05-11-2002, 09:08 AM
New User

Default Re: does anyone else feel the same way...WTF? (deepnite)

I think specific questions that can very easily be answered in any helms or haynes manual should be left out. Othere than that, the only thing I dont care for is the dang which wheel looks better question.
Old 05-11-2002, 05:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: does anyone else feel the same way...WTF? (samdawgsol)

Its not "newbie" tech questions or product questions that are annoying. Its the .."Honey.. which would you prefer?" BS that drives me coo-coo for cocoa cocoa puffs!!! What I would perfer is for you to sign and hand over your pink slips to me you dumb fuggs!!! For Gods sakes!!!
Old 05-11-2002, 05:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i feel your pain, to many pointless posts as of late
Old 05-11-2002, 06:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: does anyone else feel the same way...WTF? (gambit33)

i agree about us being newbies at one point. i am talkin about the senseless Q's that could probably be answered with common sense. i am basically saying that the board or this forum is being run down by those "which rim" Q's and wat have you. there is an apearance forum for that. its just lately i have been answering alot of stupid Q's being asked by ppl. i dont mind helpin them but cmon now, "how much tire pressure should be in a 17 inch tire?" wat kinda **** is that???? i aint tryin to start a war i just wanna know if anybody else feels the same way about this subject.

i love this board i have gained a head full of knowledge here.....but dumb Q's gotta go.....and they wonder why ppl dont answer their questions. *shrugs*
Old 05-11-2002, 06:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Hey, the forum is fine, why fix it if it;s not broken? IMO this thread is a waste of bandwidth... Personal thoughts would be better off in "Member's Corners." Not trying to be an ***, just pointing out the obvious.

Edit: To all those raving that it's your car and your money - A lot of people go for performance, they want to know what will make their car the best it can be, I see nothing wrong with asking which product is better quality, lighter, gives more power, etc.

[Modified by JMU1337, 3:53 AM 5/12/2002]
Old 05-11-2002, 07:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: does anyone else feel the same way...WTF? (JMU1337)

To all those raving that it's your car and your money - A lot of people go for performance, they want to know what will make their car the best it can be, I see nothing wrong with asking which product is better quality, lighter, gives more power, etc.
[Modified by JMU1337, 3:53 AM 5/12/2002]
A lot of people.... doesnt mean ALL people. Bottom line is it IS your car and your money... I can put a mustang sticker on my civic...its not for performance... but its my car and If I like I'll put it on... I can care less about what "alot of people" think. I'm not one to follow a crowd...
Old 05-11-2002, 07:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: does anyone else feel the same way...WTF? (CRX_VTEC)

get used to it
the questions like that come in waves
next it will be turbo vs. na vs. supercharged
all newbies go through the same process
i did.
Old 05-11-2002, 07:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: does anyone else feel the same way...WTF? (KAMiN)

I dont mind the novice tech Q's... its the Q's that are so simple that irk me. "will a type R shift **** fit in my civic?"
Knowing about your car is a learning process... if you dont know these type of answers...how the heck will you be able to handle a B-series swap...which god knows the whole board is tying to do. Can you imagine a guy behind the wheel of a Hybrid that cant even change their spare???? Just let me know which road there on so I can take the nearest exit.

Quick Reply: does anyone else feel the same way...WTF?