Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Do your Rota's fit like mine?

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2003, 05:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do your Rota's fit like mine?

Well, I have a set of 16x7 40mm offset Rota C8's, and they do not sit flush against the hub.

The car is a 93 CX with front GSR brakes (rotors, caliper, etc.) and stock rear drums.

My previous wheels sat perfectly flush, and they were the same offset and size, and I didn't use hubentric rings either.

Right now, I am currently running no hubcentric rings, and the lugs were torqued down properly to 80 ft lbs in a criss-cross manner.

It seems as though the hole in the center of the wheel is not large enough to accomodate the full diameter of the center of the hub (the place where the axle nut is).

Take a look at the pics and help me diagnos this problem. This picture was taken of the back wheel, and the gap is identical on both rear wheels. The front wheels do not have as big of a gap, but they still do not sit flush.

Old 05-06-2003, 05:27 PM

Looks like you need some hubcentric rings. I'd ask the shop you bought them from about that. We always include them with wheels, but I don't sell Rota, so I can't assure you they use rings.

Old 05-06-2003, 05:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Do your Rota's fit like mine? (93SSPHatch)

a little ot,

Can I get taken out with a bong hit and a thank you Jesus?
Old 05-06-2003, 05:33 PM

Default Re: Do your Rota's fit like mine? (Green R)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Green R &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">a little ot,

Can I get taken out with a bong hit and a thank you Jesus?</TD></TR></TABLE>

hellooooooooooo tom!
Old 05-06-2003, 05:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Do your Rota's fit like mine? (agent marlon)

&lt;---really confused
Old 05-06-2003, 05:42 PM

Default Re: Do your Rota's fit like mine? (piscorpio)

what
Old 05-06-2003, 05:45 PM

Default Re: Do your Rota's fit like mine? (bryan305)

mine are like that too.
Old 05-06-2003, 05:55 PM

have you tried driving with it? do you feel vibration?
Old 05-06-2003, 06:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Do your Rota's fit like mine? (all stock)

Mine are like that too, its the offset on the back of the rim itself, just pushes it out more, theyre not supposed to be flush against it.
Old 05-06-2003, 06:18 PM

Default Re: Do your Rota's fit like mine? (Echo7847)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Echo7847 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Mine are like that too, its the offset on the back of the rim itself, just pushes it out more, theyre not supposed to be flush against it.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Well, there is no vibration, but I just feel like I am driving on egg shells; meaning I don't want to push the car, because I am affraid the wheels are going to fall off.

Am I being overly paranoid? Should I maybe look towards getting some extended wheel studs? In another thread I had posted about "Zenki Lug nuts" someone commented that my stock wheel studs look very short.

On a side note: "Can you take me out with a bong hit and thank you Jesus! " Couldn't have said it better myself
Old 05-06-2003, 06:21 PM

Here is a closer shot of the center of the front wheel. What do you guys think about the length of the studs with these lug nuts?

Old 05-06-2003, 06:26 PM

NOT safe at all
Old 05-06-2003, 06:30 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by bryan305 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">NOT safe at all </TD></TR></TABLE>

Are you referring to the gap or the small *** wheel studs? Please elaborate, I kind of figured that it was unsafe, but do you have any idea why the gap.

I am going to a buddy's house right so he can take a look as well. Keep the feedback and responses coming

I am really leaning towards some ARP extended studs, especially if I can't decrease the size of this gap!
Old 05-06-2003, 07:15 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that is pretty f-in bad lol, i'm usin kyokugens and i have tons more thread from the lug holdin the lugs down, thats definately safe, I'll get a closeup shot of the lug area tomorrow afternoon.

Old 05-06-2003, 07:26 PM

Default Re: Do your Rota's fit like mine? (Echo7847)

hmm im pretty sure i dont have hubcentric rings. i asked my automotive teacher about em and he didnt know what i was talking about. in fact nobody i know has ever heard of em. well anyways my car vibrates a lot especially when i brake after a run and its not my rotors because i had some blanks put on not long ago. would this be causing it?
Old 05-06-2003, 07:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Green R &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">a little ot,

wtf? this **** had me cracking up.
Old 05-06-2003, 07:33 PM

Default Re: Do your Rota's fit like mine? (ludedudesi)

That doesnt lookd too good mang. . . So you're saying that the hole in the center of the wheel itself is too small to fit over the hole on your hub? Whats it look like on the front? As for the arp studs, you'll need to drill out your hubs to prevent them from mushrooming, since the arp's are made for corvettes and have a slightly larger than stock knurl diameter. . .
Old 05-06-2003, 07:33 PM

I'm not sure if I have a gap with my Circuit 8s.. I don't believe I do have a gap though.. I'm using hubcentric rings from PrestigeWheel.. very nice rings they are. They are a composite of some sort, so they won't break like plastic rings or fuse like metal ones.. They cost like $40 for a set though.. expensive. :[
Old 05-06-2003, 07:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ludedudesi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">hmm im pretty sure i dont have hubcentric rings. i asked my automotive teacher about em and he didnt know what i was talking about. in fact nobody i know has ever heard of em. well anyways my car vibrates a lot especially when i brake after a run and its not my rotors because i had some blanks put on not long ago. would this be causing it? </TD></TR></TABLE>

then everyone you know is clueless...and your teacher is stupid. Yeah, not having them is the reason why the car shakes. Head on over to a wheel store (discount tire, whatever) and order a set for you wheels asap...its very dangerous to not have them
Old 05-06-2003, 07:57 PM

Default Re: Do your Rota's fit like mine? (pdiggitydogg)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by pdiggitydogg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

then everyone you know is clueless...and your teacher is stupid. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I hadn't heard about the hubcentric rings until just a few weeks ago. Also, are all the wheels like that, with the gap and the minimal thread in the lug nuts? With that little bit threaded, they are pretty likely to back out and cause a problem.
Old 05-06-2003, 08:15 PM

I have those wheels and they are not hub-centric and mine fit flush with my rotors!!!
looks dangerous to me
Old 05-06-2003, 08:43 PM

Default Re: Do your Rota's fit like mine? (YokohamaSiR)

Well, here is the verdict after really looking them over with a friend. It looks like the majority of the back of the wheel is sitting flush with the hub, it is only that little lip area that is not right up agains the hub.

I would say 90% of the backing surface of the wheel is completely flush with the hub (we looked through the spare lug holes and saw that there was no gap). For some reason, my C8's must have been designed really funky. I will be purchasing some hubcentric rings very soon.

As far as extended studs go, I have no idea why my stock studs seem so damn small. On a scale of 1-10 how difficult is it to change out the studs for a first timer?

Thanks everyone for their replies, keep the feedback coming. I am still wondering why my wheels vary so much from the people who say they have no gap at all.

On a side note: "Can you take me out with a bong hit and a thank you Jesus" comes from my favorite radio talk show host TOM LEYKIS.

To my fellow Leykis 101 students out there.
Old 05-06-2003, 09:29 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ludedudesi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">hmm im pretty sure i dont have hubcentric rings. i asked my automotive teacher about em and he didnt know what i was talking about. in fact nobody i know has ever heard of em. well anyways my car vibrates a lot especially when i brake after a run and its not my rotors because i had some blanks put on not long ago. would this be causing it? </TD></TR></TABLE> you don't know what hubcentric rings are and you got a h22 in your $hit? well it looks to me like you need em. They didn't come with my rotas but the vendor i got the wheels from got em for me. They're cheap and will fix that. It's not that dangerous but you CAN break wheel studs a lot easier
Old 05-06-2003, 09:33 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 93SSPHatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

As far as extended studs go, I have no idea why my stock studs seem so damn small. On a scale of 1-10 how difficult is it to change out the studs for a first timer?
.</TD></TR></TABLE> You need to press them into the hub. But its easy other than that. And its pretty expensive for a shop to do it. A year ago i had one wheel stud put in for 30. and 2.50 for the damn stud itself. LABOR Blows. you can rent a press at autozone that you need. Good luck bro.
Old 05-06-2003, 10:07 PM

take me out kurk cobain style

Quick Reply: Do your Rota's fit like mine?