Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

do you think that Del Sol's will ever come back as a new model..?

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2008, 06:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default do you think that Del Sol's will ever come back as a new model..?

why do you guys think?/ will honda bring it back.. in a new model. .. that will be nice to see. and sure i'll be the first one to buy it..
Old 08-10-2008, 06:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: do you think that Del Sol's will ever come back as a new model..? (sorullo)

no it won't until they can make a RWD drop top that can beat the Miata. Not going to happen, although i did LOVE my del.
Old 08-10-2008, 06:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: do you think that Del Sol's will ever come back as a new model..? (EG2Driver)

wouldnt that be a s2000, 2 seater, drop top and RWD

your welcome
Old 08-10-2008, 07:03 PM

Default Re: do you think that Del Sol's will ever come back as a new model..? (EG2Driver)

well what u are saying is true about the miata.. but still have my hopes.. u never know they are bringing the new crx as crz so it could be possible to bring the Del Sol back .. remember crx was first then was crx del sol.. it could be possible that they may think to bring it back!! i'll keep my hopes up.. otherwise i'll mail honda to see what feedback they can give me..!!

by the way i also love my del sol.. girls also love it..
Old 08-10-2008, 07:08 PM

Default Re: do you think that Del Sol's will ever come back as a new model..? (FamousRacingInk)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by FamousRacingInk &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">wouldnt that be a s2000, 2 seater, drop top and RWD

your welcome</TD></TR></TABLE>
yeah u are right about it.. but a s2000 is another level ... lets say a Del Sol that has a k 20 or k 22 or k 24 25 26 27 28 29 .. anything that will keep the cheap honda and also sporty style and performance.... will really rocks!!!

Old 08-10-2008, 07:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: do you think that Del Sol's will ever come back as a new model..? (FamousRacingInk)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by FamousRacingInk &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">wouldnt that be a s2000, 2 seater, drop top and RWD

your welcome</TD></TR></TABLE>

x2 love my sol
Old 08-10-2008, 08:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

sol ftw

wish i coulda picked it up new when i was 5 or 6.. lol
Old 08-10-2008, 08:34 PM
H-T White Ops

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

A new del Sol would compete too closely with the S2000. So no, they're not bringing it back as long as the S2000 is around. Even then, they would more than likely not call it a Civic or a del Sol because it wouldn't be the image they're going for.

The del Sol didn't sell great to begin with, so I see it as being very unlikely to happen.
Old 08-10-2008, 08:54 PM

Default Re: (NOFX)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by NOFX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">A new del Sol would compete too closely with the S2000. So no, they're not bringing it back as long as the S2000 is around. Even then, they would more than likely not call it a Civic or a del Sol because it wouldn't be the image they're going for.

The del Sol didn't sell great to begin with, so I see it as being very unlikely to happen.</TD></TR></TABLE>

u re wrong on that buddy.. i had travel around the world and seen many del sol out there, and their owners are really happy and they also hav many del sol clubs.. also the engine .. in Chile del sol's have d16, b16, b18 as stock engines.. .. so if ever del sol came out of the market ,, the s2000 will be higher performance and will be close to an automatic nowadays supra ..

Old 08-10-2008, 09:08 PM
H-T White Ops

Default Re: (sorullo)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sorullo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">u re wrong on that buddy.. i had travel around the world and seen many del sol out there, and their owners are really happy and they also hav many del sol clubs.. also the engine .. in Chile del sol's have d16, b16, b18 as stock engines.. .. </TD></TR></TABLE>
When you compare the number of del Sols that sold, compared to Hondas other models, they didn't sell well at all.

That would be the only '92-'00 Civic I've ever heard of coming with a 1.8L, save for the South African Ballade. In other words, I'll believe it when you have solid evidence (photos of an engine in a del Sol don't count).

If the del Sol was so hugely popular, why did they stop making it years ago and never bring it back?
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sorullo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">so if ever del sol came out of the market ,, the s2000 will be higher performance and will be close to an automatic nowadays supra ..

</TD></TR></TABLE>
I don't get what that last part of your post means though. I can't understand it.
Old 08-10-2008, 09:25 PM

Default Re: (NOFX)

well i see that u haven't go to Chile or Peru where 40 % of the population is from japan..and they do not have none of the regulations as the one we have over here in the states.. so u still want to argue about..they do not need to do a swap.... and they know more about engines that u may know about usdm....of course u don't understand.. ... Del sol were a limited edition car. not like a civic ex or df, ... those del sol's were built as a short line edition car and all car where completly sold around the world and that means AROUND THE WORLD...... if that wasn't the case they were never built the vti edition.. so i bet u have never seen the del sol with orange letter seat limited edition.. .. .. so my Q... still the same will del sol ever came out as a new model to the market?

Old 08-10-2008, 09:32 PM

maybe not a del sol, but i have heard rumors of them bringing back the S800. but who knows. the original s800's were cool cars for as small as they were. and if they did bring it back, i think it would be pretty close to the miata
Old 08-10-2008, 09:34 PM
H-T White Ops

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sorullo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">well i see that u haven't go to Chile or Peru where 40 % of the population is from japan..and they do not have none of the regulations as the one we have over here in the states.. so u still want to argue about..they do not need to do a swap.... and they know more about engines that u may know about usdm....of course u don't understand.. ... Del sol were a limited edition car. not like a civic ex or df, ... those del sol's were built as a short line edition car and all car where completly sold around the world and that means AROUND THE WORLD...... if that wasn't the case they were never built the vti edition.. so i bet u have never seen the del sol with orange letter seat limited edition.. .. .. so my Q... still the same will del sol ever came out as a new model to the market?

</TD></TR></TABLE>
Of course I've seen the Motegi edition del Sol. And yes, the VTi (which is another name for what the US Civic Si here is called in later generations).

I'm not trying to say I know everythign about anything, so let that go.

I'm saying the del Sol did not sell very well when it was for sale. I never heard anything abotu it being a limited edition model either. I can't imagine a company selling an economy car that's limited edition as a model. Maybe a limited edition trim level, but not a model.

If the del Sol was such a money maker, they would be making them now.

It sounds like you really like the del Sol (I do too) and so you'd like to see another one made, but I don't see it happening just like I don't see Honda ever making another Civic similar in size to the 6th gen models.
Old 08-10-2008, 09:49 PM
HT White Ops

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: do you think that Del Sol's will ever come back as a new model..? (sorullo)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sorullo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">why do you guys think...? will honda bring it back.. in a new model...</TD></TR></TABLE>

LoL!

Read the sales figures and you tell em!
Old 08-12-2008, 02:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i gotta a couple pics that you requested sorullo.

1995 Honda del Sol Si
JDM d15b
CAI
Megan Racing headers
Magnaflow muffler, 2.5"piping
high flow cat with an additional resonator
Tokica Illumina Struts
H&R springs
Front/Rear strut towers
23mm JDM '98 spec rear sway bar
ASR rear subframe brace
Blox Endlinks/LCA's
Stock 21mm front sway
Crower stage 1 camshaft
Skunk2 adjustable cam gear
blox IM & hondata IM gasket on the way, GC coilovers, s200, and crower springs/retainters are next.

Old 08-12-2008, 02:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sorullo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

u re wrong on that buddy.. i had travel around the world and seen many del sol out there, and their owners are really happy and they also hav many del sol clubs.. also the engine .. in Chile del sol's have d16, b16, b18 as stock engines.. .. so if ever del sol came out of the market ,, the s2000 will be higher performance and will be close to an automatic nowadays supra ..

</TD></TR></TABLE>

No you're wrong, buddy. Owners might be happy with them now and you might see plenty of them around, but when they first came out they weren't very popular at all. It wouldn't be beneficial for Honda to introduce a new Del Sol. Period.
Old 08-12-2008, 02:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

The Del Sol (aka 3rd gen CRX) will not be coming back.
Old 08-12-2008, 03:31 PM

Default Re: do you think that Del Sol's will ever come back as a new model..? (BlueIntegraBoy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BlueIntegraBoy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The Del Sol (aka 3rd gen CRX) will not be coming back.</TD></TR></TABLE>
It's coming back reincarnated as a Volkswagen

http://www.autoweek.com/apps/p...CRED=
Old 08-12-2008, 03:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: do you think that Del Sol's will ever come back as a new model..? (flheat)

Wow, that really does bear a shocking resemblance to a Del Sol. Weird.

-Froth
Old 08-12-2008, 04:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: do you think that Del Sol's will ever come back as a new model..? (Froth)

I doubt the del sol will come back in the same name and last I checked this will be the last year for the s2000 in 09 to 2010 they bringing the s800 and the CRX was reincarnated as the FCX remember it was intended as a fuel saver car in the U.S. not performance.
Old 08-12-2008, 06:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

The FCX and the CRZ are NOT the next CRX. If anything the Insight is more of the next gen CRX. No there will NEVER be another Del Sol just like there will NEVER be another CRX.
Old 08-12-2008, 09:33 PM
H-T White Ops

Default Re: (NACvicSi)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by NACvicSi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The FCX and the CRZ are NOT the next CRX. If anything the Insight is more of the next gen CRX. No there will NEVER be another Del Sol just like there will NEVER be another CRX. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Though I can see the CRZ being the next incarnation of the Insight.
Old 08-13-2008, 04:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

The del Sol went away due to a lack of sales...I seriously doubt Honda will ever bring it back. It just doesn't make sense.

I love my Sol and would buy one if they did sell them again.
Old 08-13-2008, 08:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I think Honda's doing more research for hybrids and gas savers right now then concetrating on making another sports model. They're doing great with the RSX and the S2000 so I don't see why they would need to come out with another sports car when they have 2 that are already very popular.
Old 08-13-2008, 09:15 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sorullo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">why do you guys think?/ will honda bring it back.. in a new model. .. that will be nice to see. and sure i'll be the first one to buy it.. </TD></TR></TABLE>

wow.. you apparently drink a lot of beer, which is why you asked such a stupid question and fail to use proper grammar. i would just like to tell you that you FAIL!!

reported this thread.

Quick Reply: do you think that Del Sol's will ever come back as a new model..?