Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Do You Think Bras Are Really Needed On EGs or Del Sol?

Old 07-20-2005, 07:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do You Think Bras Are Really Needed On EGs or Del Sol?

Yea I Did My Research And Didnt Find Anythin, Heres My Question....Do You Really Think Bras Are Needed On EGs Or DEL SOLs?? Those Things Just Make The Car Look Ugly, Anyways, I Dont See The Point Of Having One, I Would Like To Hear Wat Ya Think...........
Old 07-20-2005, 07:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Do You Think Bras Are Really Needed On EGs or Del Sol? (DOHC_VTEC_EG)

They are for looks and to serve as bug/rock protectors for your bumper. I can't believe you actually had to research about what they are for lol.
Old 07-20-2005, 07:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Do You Think Bras Are Really Needed On EGs or Del Sol? (DOHC_VTEC_EG)

are they needed ? no. otherwise they would come on all models...
are they ugly? imo very much so.
sure they protect from chips and what not but they also hold moisture...
Old 07-20-2005, 07:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The only reason I can see to get a bra is if you're driving around in the sticks all the time. Out there you have to deal with gravel getting kicked up from cars in front of you, chipping your paint, putting divots into your bumper, etc.

Since I just moved 25 miles out, I'm probably going to stick my bra back on. Had it on for a summer, decided I didn't follow enough gravel trucks to make it worthwhile, took it off. On the plus side it should hide the rust that's developing along the front of my hood.
Old 07-20-2005, 07:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Do You Think Bras Are Really Needed On EGs or Del Sol? (MonkeyBoy668)

My dad stuck this on my moms new RSX.

http://www.motortrend.com/feat...01_cc/
http://www.invinca-shield.com/

You can see it if you get up close and look at it, but I think it's a good investment. I didn't look to see if they make them for the Civic, but if they do it can't hurt.
Old 07-20-2005, 07:49 AM

Default Re: Do You Think Bras Are Really Needed On EGs or Del Sol? (my head a plode)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by my head a plode &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">They are for looks and to serve as bug/rock protectors for your bumper. I can't believe you actually had to research about what they are for lol.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I meant as in other threads of H-T
Old 07-20-2005, 07:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DOHC_VTEC_EG &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I meant as in other threads of H-T</TD></TR></TABLE>

¿?
Old 07-20-2005, 07:57 AM
cute little bastard

My EG wears 36DD
Old 07-20-2005, 08:01 AM

I dont like them, they look alright, but

1) They often leave lines on the paint where they rubbed
2) the paint looks different after a while not being exposed to the sun and washed like the rest
Old 07-20-2005, 08:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I thought about it. If you use the bra, you won't have the scratches from trucks kicking up rocks. Then later on you'd have to get you car painted anyway cause all the paint in that area would fade so you'd have to get the entire thing painted again anyway. It (to me) is a catch 22 situation
Old 07-20-2005, 10:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Do You Think Bras Are Really Needed On EGs or Del Sol? (TheGeneral)

i live in the sticks, and rocks really dont hit cars too much, keep your distance from other vehicles.

however cat got on my hood and scratched it up all over the place....grrr if only i had my bb gun

so, bra's are pointless, watch out for cats
Old 07-21-2005, 05:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Do You Think Bras Are Really Needed On EGs or Del Sol? (93egsedan)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 93egsedan &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i live in the sticks, and rocks really dont hit cars too much, keep your distance from other vehicles.</TD></TR></TABLE>
That's no fun. How else can you let the podunks doing 10 under the limit on a sunny day on a 2-lane no-pass road know you want them to at least do the damn speed limit? I find a nice 25 over up to about 6 inches off their bumper works wonders for getting their asses in gear.

I certainly wouldn't leave the bra on during a rainstorm. And would let the car dry off before installing it again. That's half the reason I haven't used it, I hate yanking it on and off all the time. But if you follow that regimen your paint is unlikely to be affected (most of the damage & paint discoloration is due to trapped moisture).
Old 07-21-2005, 09:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Do You Think Bras Are Really Needed On EGs or Del Sol? (Ricey McRicerton)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Ricey McRicerton &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">My dad stuck this on my moms new RSX.

You can see it if you get up close and look at it, but I think it's a good investment. I didn't look to see if they make them for the Civic, but if they do it can't hurt. </TD></TR></TABLE>

thats a lot better looking than the more obvious car bra
Old 07-21-2005, 09:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Do You Think Bras Are Really Needed On EGs or Del Sol? (Ricey McRicerton)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Ricey McRicerton &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">My dad stuck this on my moms new RSX.

You can see it if you get up close and look at it, but I think it's a good investment. I didn't look to see if they make them for the Civic, but if they do it can't hurt. </TD></TR></TABLE>

or you could go to a sign shop and just get some clear vinyl and cut it yourself.