Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Do you guys always have to be doing something with your car ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2003, 08:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do you guys always have to be doing something with your car ?

Not sure if this is appropriate for this forum but damn ...I find my self always wanting to be with my car 8 am or 1 am at night I always wanna find something to do to it. Either cleaning, or checking over the motor or interior to cleaning suspension parts. Am I the only freak who does this or anyone else with me ? Whats your fav DIY so far ?
Old 04-30-2003, 08:51 PM

Default Re: Do you guys always have to be doing something with your car ? (BALL BAG)

Damn dude move out to Wyoming and you can have to cars to stay up on lol.

Nah thats cool your a gearhead or gearhead in training (GIT)

My favorite diy has to be my itr swap. Just remember not to exclude family and friends. Some people shouldn't have addictions
Old 04-30-2003, 08:56 PM

Default Re: Do you guys always have to be doing something with your car ? (BALL BAG)

don't worry, your not the only one. i do the same exact thing except i usually work on it midday, since i work graveyard. some days im like "hmmm... what should i do to my car now?" and sometimes i just stand there and look at it trying to figure it out, LOL.

my favorite project that i did so far was the turbo , but im waiting for my friends' motor so we can do a swap in his. im sure that'll be fun
Old 04-30-2003, 09:00 PM

I know the feeling. Not really sure what my favorite DIY is so far.....I kind of enjoy most things that don't involve picking up engiens and tranny's with my bare hands. They are just to freakin heavy.
Old 04-30-2003, 09:00 PM

Default Re: Do you guys always have to be doing something with your car ? (Racerage1)

HAha so true man. Ive prob done around 7 or 8 swaps and 2 turbo kits. Im seriously thinking about ASE certified for my future possibly.
Old 04-30-2003, 09:05 PM

You have what my old High SChool automotive teacher discribed as "Tinker-idis" in his words. " This is when you are constantly under the hood of car and tinkering around with something."
Old 04-30-2003, 09:07 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BALL BAG &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">HAha so true man. Ive prob done around 7 or 8 swaps and 2 turbo kits. Im seriously thinking about ASE certified for my future possibly.</TD></TR></TABLE>

ive been thinking about that too.. but i haven't looked into it yet.
do u just take a test to be ASE certified?
Old 04-30-2003, 09:09 PM

Default Re: Do you guys always have to be doing something with your car ? (Racerage1)

No its like a 9 month long school I belive. Might be shorter
Old 04-30-2003, 09:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BALL BAG &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">No its like a 9 month long school I belive. Might be shorter</TD></TR></TABLE>

Really, I thought you just basically sign up for a test. I am always restless when it comes to my car, I either want to do something to it, or I am thinking of things to do to it. I wish I had my own garage, it kills me not to. Then again, I would probably be up all night with tinkeridis.
Old 04-30-2003, 09:14 PM

Default Re: Do you guys always have to be doing something with your car ? (CTR Kid)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CTR Kid &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You have what my old High SChool automotive teacher discribed as "Tinker-idis" in his words. " This is when you are constantly under the hood of car and tinkering around with something."</TD></TR></TABLE>

i miss highschool autoshop
wish i could've payed attention more on some stuff...
ttytt i wasnt really interested in cars until about 1 1/2 years ago when i got my honda. but yeah, im gonna start doing some research on being ASE certified
Old 04-30-2003, 09:16 PM

Default Re: Do you guys always have to be doing something with your car ? (piscorpio)

do u guys zone out sometimes and just think what you're gonna do next to your car?
Old 04-30-2003, 09:17 PM

Yes..Then I relize I have no money.
Old 04-30-2003, 09:22 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BALL BAG &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Yes..Then I relize I have no money. </TD></TR></TABLE>

bitter reality
it actually gives me more motivation and excitement when i finally get my paycheck
Old 04-30-2003, 09:24 PM

i've been there. i would just look at my car and zone out to what i want to do it while i smoke a stog. opps it's time for just that now.
Old 04-30-2003, 09:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Do you guys always have to be doing something with your car ? (CTR Kid)

To get your ASE certification you have to pass the required test's. Ask around where you live or call some shops and dealerships and ask for info and when the next test will be in your area.
Old 04-30-2003, 09:56 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CTR Kid &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i've been there. i would just look at my car and zone out to what i want to do it while i smoke a stog. opps it's time for just that now. </TD></TR></TABLE>

that reminds me...
i need a cig
Old 04-30-2003, 10:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Racerage1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">do u guys zone out sometimes and just think what you're gonna do next to your car? </TD></TR></TABLE>

always! right now, i'm already thinking about what to do once the turbo goes bye-bye. I'm laying out a wishful plan. but I don't always tinker with my car. i only work on it if i absolutely have to. I prefer driving it over working on it.
Old 04-30-2003, 10:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Do you guys always have to be doing something with your car ? (Daniel)

I have to say I am also guilty of working on my car too much and spending too much time with it. I guess you could say I am addicted to my car...but atleast it's a good addiction
Old 05-03-2003, 03:14 AM
ce
Honda-Tech Member

I'm with you on this one..Can't help it.. =
Old 05-03-2003, 03:36 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Racerage1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">do u guys zone out sometimes and just think what you're gonna do next to your car? </TD></TR></TABLE>

haha, thats the only thing that gets me through work. sometime's i'll be cutting and threading some pipe (i work in plumbing at lowe's) and ill just sit there while the threader is going and daydream about what im going to buy with my paycheck, while the customer's looking at me like "uhh, my pipes done."
Old 05-03-2003, 04:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Do you guys always have to be doing something with your car ? (Btown_99Si)

always messin with my car.i would go insane with out it..While i was deployed for 6 months to afganistan i found myself volunteering for stupid **** so i could bust around our bnase in afganistan in a corolla
Old 05-03-2003, 06:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Do you guys always have to be doing something with your car ? (robbieshonda)

ur not crazy, either that or we all are! i do the same stuff, just sitting and dreaming about wut to do, or wut else u can do. let alone if something breaks or isn't quite rite....i'll sit there alll day and nite just getting her back to 100%. i my !!
Old 05-03-2003, 06:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Do you guys always have to be doing something with your car ? (hondadazed)

for those who want to be ASE certified, watch speedvision i seen a school that specializes on honda and acura only....pimpt ****.....idk my friend had a job interview with the main mechanic at the honda/acura dealership, the guy gets paid $47.75 hourly......