Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

do u like ur es oval muffler?

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2007, 06:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default do u like ur es oval muffler?

do u like how it sounds and looks? did u actually feel a difference in power? reason y i ask is cuz my friend has it on his gsr da with custom mandrel bent piping and it kinda sounds ricey to me but i dont kno if its just his car or if thats just how that muffler sounds. i like how they look (especially in black) but i dont wanna get it if thats how its gonna sound in my car. i used to have a tanabe hyper spec muffler on my car and i liked how that one sounded but not sure if i wanna put it back and if i do im painting it black.TIA
Old 12-08-2007, 06:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: do u like ur es oval muffler? (DOHChatchGUY)

I like the style. It's a straight through design like the canned mufflers. I suggest using a resonator along with the ES. I had straightpipe without a resonator with the ES and it was still pretty loud. Never hassled by cops though.
Old 12-08-2007, 06:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Exhaust sound depends A LOT on engine setup/ piping/cats/resonators.
I had a 2.5" exhaust with a high-flow cat in my turbo d16 with an apexi n1 muffler...it wasn't too loud and i loved it. I threw it in a gsr with the same high flow cat and 2.5" piping...Sounded absolutely terrible. I couldn't even drive the car. Now I have an es oval with the same piping and cat...sounds a lot better. Its quiet enough...it can be loud...but its more of a muffled sound than a raspy apexi n1-type sound. I plan on adding a resonator to quiet it down even more though..

The point of my ramble was that exhausts are going to sound way different with different setups. So the only thing you can really do is either try stuff out for yourself...or find someone with the exact same engine/piping as you and see if you like their muffler.
Old 12-08-2007, 06:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: do u like ur es oval muffler? (alacard)

thanx. thats a good point and i dont kno y i didnt think about that im guessing they will sound sumwat similar cuz he has a gsr and i got a b16a?
Old 12-08-2007, 06:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

No problem. If you want quiet, ES tuning is about the quietest you can go other than OEM mufflers. But if its not quiet enough, you can always add a resonator and/or a cat (which you should have anyways).
Old 12-31-2007, 10:31 PM

i have the 2.25 in. on my 93 civic and i had my friend drive my car and it sounds really nice, not ricey at all. its kinda loud when im inside though cuz i think i have a leak where they welded it on.