Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Do they make under car protective shields in the U.S like this one?

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2008, 10:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do they make under car protective shields in the U.S like this one?

I was surfing through the japanense auctions and found this, its a shield that bolts to the underside of the car that protects the header (least from what i can tell, thats what it does). I would really like one of these cause sometimes going out of my drive way i hit my header on the ground, and i want to protect my investment. here are some pics, if i cant find one in the states i will just buy this one.

Old 02-04-2008, 11:01 PM

Default Re: Do they make under car protective shields in the U.S like this one? (Dr. *****)

looks like it would protect quite a bit including header/downpipe, oilpan, even keep air from being trapped in the bay. interested as well
Old 02-05-2008, 12:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Do they make under car protective shields in the U.S like this one? (Dr. *****)

That plate is more for aerodynamics than for any real protection. The plate is only 2mm in thickness. Not much protection there. Real skid plates are more than twice that thickness.

Laile / Beatrush explains this in engrish on their site:

"Beatrush Under Panel enhances downside rectification at high speed and generates down force. It also restrain the air stream from getting caught in the engine room to inhibit the engine from over heating."
Old 02-05-2008, 12:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Do they make under car protective shields in the U.S like this one? (ridin98civic)

There sold on my local forum

from the website

What is under-panel diffuser?
- The under-panel diffuser is an aerodynamic designed aluminium surface that will accelerate and facilitate airflow.
- The purpose is to reduce turbulence underneath the car and gaining extra speed.
- The heat in the engine bay is also expelled via the ventilators (fins) on the under-panel diffuser.
- It is made of high-quality stainless steel with parts supplied for an easy bolt-on application.
- Minor modification of removing some plastic bits may be required for some models.

Don't know who else makes them apart from beatrush
Old 02-05-2008, 05:51 AM
HRD PKR

Default Re: Do they make under car protective shields in the U.S like this one? (ridin98civic)

Yes you can get them in the US

They are 171 bucks

http://www.kamispeed.com/index...8f22e

Says this:
Reduces air turbulance, thus producing more downforce.
*Helps to cool down engine by drawing out heat from the engine compartment through especial design slits.
*Protects under the engine from rocks and gravel during heavy competition like rally, auto-x, etc.
*Track tested for functionality.
*Developed by Beatrush Japan, the leaders of competitive rally

Old 02-05-2008, 05:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Do they make under car protective shields in the U.S like this one? (B16B_coupe)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by B16B_coupe &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Yes you can get them in the US

They are 171 bucks

http://www.kamispeed.com/index...8f22e

Says this:
Reduces air turbulance, thus producing more downforce.
*Helps to cool down engine by drawing out heat from the engine compartment through especial design slits.
*Protects under the engine from rocks and gravel during heavy competition like rally, auto-x, etc.
*Track tested for functionality.
*Developed by Beatrush Japan, the leaders of competitive rally

</TD></TR></TABLE>

was just about to post the same link
Old 02-05-2008, 05:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Do they make under car protective shields in the U.S like this one? (B16B_coupe)

170 bucks for this ****..?? pshhhhhhhhhh

i'd rather buy rear bumper diffuser if im diffusing anything... this undercar one doesn't tickle my fancy at all... i can think of 5 negatives for every 1 positive...
Old 02-05-2008, 05:58 AM
HRD PKR

Default Re: Do they make under car protective shields in the U.S like this one? (JDM_SOHC)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDM_SOHC &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">170 bucks for this ****..?? pshhhhhhhhhh

i'd rather buy rear bumper diffuser if im diffusing anything... this undercar one doesn't tickle my fancy at all... i can think of 5 negatives for every 1 positive...</TD></TR></TABLE>

How so?? cause last time i checked downforce to the front of a FF car is something all FF cars lack.

I wouldnt mind hearing all your negatives then if you think thats a waste
Old 02-05-2008, 06:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Do they make under car protective shields in the U.S like this one? (JDM_SOHC)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDM_SOHC &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">170 bucks for this ****..?? pshhhhhhhhhh

i'd rather buy rear bumper diffuser if im diffusing anything... this undercar one doesn't tickle my fancy at all... i can think of 5 negatives for every 1 positive...</TD></TR></TABLE>

it would definitely help if you're car is slammed - but to agree with you, it becomes a real big pain in the *** to do an oil change...gotta take that skid plate off just to take a look if something is possibly expletiveed up
Old 02-05-2008, 06:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Do they make under car protective shields in the U.S like this one? (Probot)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Probot &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

it would definitely help if you're car is slammed - but to agree with you, it becomes a real big pain in the *** to do an oil change...gotta take that skid plate off just to take a look if something is possibly expletiveed up </TD></TR></TABLE>

thats exactly what i was talking about... i had written about 10 things but decided to just give the 5:1 ratio instead lol... but yeah, for us guys who find ourselves down there a lot, whatta huge P.I.T.A. is it to have to remove a peice of metal every time we need to fix or check something, fugg that... i hate removing bumpers to adjust my intercooler already, let alone start doing upgrades that are gonna require that same attention lol.. i think not...
Old 02-05-2008, 06:39 AM
HRD PKR

well for people that have problems with there motors etc i can see that being a hassle... But to haveto remove like 4 bolts to do an oil change come on now...Guess find a new hobby if thats so hard

Alot of new cars have things similar to whats above, but they are made out of plastic and they have to be removed every oil change.... oil changes are every 3k + so its not like your removing it twice a month

How would that help your car if its slammed? It wouldnt protect it from a big pot hole. it would destroy that panel along with your oil pan,header,down pipe whatever.....

That piece is designed for "RACING" so look at it in a race cars view. Not saying i own or have a race car. Just stating my opinion as are you guys

In my view i honestly dont see anything to bad about it besides the price
Old 02-05-2008, 06:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

thats ur typical all motor guy answer, obviously you've never been boosted... where ur problems go from itty bitty... to HOLY ****** ****...!!

and no oh so wise one, oil changes are the least of my worry... tuning using the 02 bung, praying those 4 little screws retain that small peice of metal if u bottom out, ect are more along the lines of **** im talkin about... just seems useless an a complete waste of 170 bucks... i could go get a 3x3' sheet metal from ace for 4 bucks, an cut my own **** if i wanted one that bad... u guys well find anything to blow ur money on now an days haha...
Old 02-05-2008, 06:54 AM
HRD PKR

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDM_SOHC &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">thats ur typical all motor guy answer, obviously you've never been boosted... where ur problems go from itty bitty... to HOLY ****** ****...!!

and no oh so wise one, oil changes are the least of my worry... tuning using the 02 bung, praying those 4 little screws retain that small peice of metal if u bottom out, ect are more along the lines of **** im talkin about... just seems useless an a complete waste of 170 bucks... i could go get a 3x3' sheet metal from ace for 4 bucks, an cut my own **** if i wanted one that bad... u guys well find anything to blow ur money on now an days haha... </TD></TR></TABLE>

boosted or not boosted i'm just stating my opinion as were you. No need to get all defensive pal.

From the looks of that sheild it looks like you have total access to the cat/test pipe so using the 02 bung shouldnt be a problem.

Come on your fatory bumper is held on with 2 10mm under it, You not worried about those getting damanged when you bottom out? I dont own one, so relax.
Btw i'm sure you could go to ace hardware and go cut your own out, will it be effictive? maybe, maybe not.....

So just take a deep breath and relax lil turbo guy it will all be ok

This thread is about where to get them so i posted, I just wanted a simple reply from you about why the product was so shitty since the op is interested in it. have a nice day
Old 02-05-2008, 06:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

no one said removing that plate is hard - just saying it will be a pain in the ***, i know when i change my oil i just want to get it done ASAP..not worry about having to disassemble my armor plating. and im sure it will HELP if its slammed...would do alot more than having nothing there is my point.
Old 02-05-2008, 07:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by B16B_coupe &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

boosted or not boosted i'm just stating my opinion as were you. No need to get all defensive pal.

From the looks of that sheild it looks like you have total access to the cat/test pipe so using the 02 bung shouldnt be a problem.

Come on your fatory bumper is held on with 2 10mm under it, You not worried about those getting damanged when you bottom out? I dont own one, so relax.
Btw i'm sure you could go to ace hardware and go cut your own out, will it be effictive? maybe, maybe not.....

So just take a deep breath and relax lil turbo guy it will all be ok

This thread is about where to get them so i posted, I just wanted a simple reply from you about why the product was so shitty since the op is interested in it. have a nice day</TD></TR></TABLE>

haha well thanks for taking all that time on me... lemme return the favor...

boosted or not boosted apparently doesnt matter to u, because u've been slow ur whole life, just as right now for instance... you are tryna dignify that this little peice of **** metal plate is worth 170 bucks, and honestly i think ur cracked out brain is way to overstressed from all that HP ur pushin out right now... lmao...

and yes, i bet my ace hardware sheet metal well work tons better than ur 170$ peice of **** metal... wow it has vents and screws an ****, thats cooooooooool...

haha, whatta nub...

and umm also, maybe ur junkyard bumper is held on by 2 screws but mines held on with about 10 haha, but good try dude... you're just makin urself look worse an worse, an thats outside of admitting that this **** is worth buying...

gotta love early morning HT comics...

and oh yeah, im plenty relaxed, my turbos not small, an u shouldnt post **** with the attitude that ur not gonna be flamed if its a completely retarded an semi-gay idea in the first place... kinda like ur existance...
Old 02-05-2008, 07:12 AM

LOOKS GOOD UNDER THE CAR
Old 02-05-2008, 07:13 AM
Banned

Default Re: Do they make under car protective shields in the U.S like this one? (Probot)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Probot &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">no one said removing that plate is hard - just saying it will be a pain in the ***, i know when i change my oil i just want to get it done ASAP..not worry about having to disassemble my armor plating. and im sure it will HELP if its slammed...would do alot more than having nothing there is my point. </TD></TR></TABLE>
x2, but i will say that it does provide some type of security if your car is slammed inches off the ground.
Old 02-05-2008, 07:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Do they make under car protective shields in the U.S like this one? (yoffer)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by yoffer &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
x2, but i will say that it does provide some type of security if your car is slammed inches off the ground. </TD></TR></TABLE>

thats what im sezzin - better than not having anything there.

but nonetheless a pain in the *** if you need to do ANY maintenance that requires having to take that plate off
Old 02-05-2008, 07:19 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Dr. ***** &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">bolts to the underside of the car that protects the header </TD></TR></TABLE>

You'll find lots of other people run them, it's a nice investment. Try also searching under the name "skid plate"
Old 02-05-2008, 07:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

it be nice if i could copp myself one of those
Old 02-05-2008, 07:32 AM
HRD PKR

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDM_SOHC &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

haha well thanks for taking all that time on me... lemme return the favor...

boosted or not boosted apparently doesnt matter to u, because u've been slow ur whole life, just as right now for instance... you are tryna dignify that this little peice of **** metal plate is worth 170 bucks, and honestly i think ur cracked out brain is way to overstressed from all that HP ur pushin out right now... lmao...

and yes, i bet my ace hardware sheet metal well work tons better than ur 170$ peice of **** metal... wow it has vents and screws an ****, thats cooooooooool...

haha, whatta nub...

and umm also, maybe ur junkyard bumper is held on by 2 screws but mines held on with about 10 haha, but good try dude... you're just makin urself look worse an worse, an thats outside of admitting that this **** is worth buying...

gotta love early morning HT comics...

and oh yeah, im plenty relaxed, my turbos not small, an u shouldnt post **** with the attitude that ur not gonna be flamed if its a completely retarded an semi-gay idea in the first place... kinda like ur existance... </TD></TR></TABLE>

Do you think your god of this forum cause you have a damn boosted d series?
Your a dipshit pal.

When did i ever say i was deciding on buying this or not? I was just helping the og person out and you come in here with your bull ****. Someone must of woke up on the wrong side of the bed.

Whats your ol all mighty d put out little over 220 whp? Hit the search button and do some research on somethings other than straight line bull ****

You have posted notin helpfull to this guy what so ever, All he learns from you is the ignorance of a little boy with a boosted d series that thinks he is the fastest on h-t. Grow up pal

I guess 170 bucks to some people is to much money out of there empty pockets
Old 02-05-2008, 07:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

annndddd i see this thread getting locked up verrrrrry soon. cmon guys chill out.
Old 02-05-2008, 07:39 AM
Banned

All over a piece of sheet metal. *tisk tisk*
Old 02-05-2008, 07:51 AM
HRD PKR

That was so funny!!! Sorry i forgot to type op and hit g.

Keep it comming, This is making my morning!!! Thank you

Ive handed a couple turbo d's there *** pal, but thats not what the threads about

Yo check me out man, im 24 and drive a jdm boosted civic yo

Keep posting this is making my day
Old 02-05-2008, 07:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by B16B_coupe &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">That was so funny!!! Sorry i forgot to type op and hit g.

Keep it comming, This is making my morning!!! Thank you

Ive handed a couple turbo d's there *** pal, but thats not what the threads about

Yo check me out man, im 24 and drive a jdm boosted civic yo

Keep posting this is making my day </TD></TR></TABLE>

hahahahaha... wow....

this one's over...

Quick Reply: Do they make under car protective shields in the U.S like this one?