Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Do these look right? PIC

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2006, 07:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do these look right? PIC

Do these look bent or is that how they are supposed to be? All they need is new bushings and should be good then right? Going on a 92 hatch. thanks for the help

Modified by BDogggUT34 at 8:56 AM 3/16/2006
Old 03-16-2006, 08:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Do these look right? PIC (BDogggUT34)

blah! nevermind, found the answer on my second search!

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1180658
Old 03-16-2006, 08:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

yes they should be curved, your ready to roll after new bushings, look into Energy Suspensions, they make a great product
Old 03-16-2006, 08:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (dreww..)

thanks man, i looked at Jeg's and they are about $30. You think i can push them in myself? One more thing, when you get the bushings does it also come with the metal sleeve in the middle? Or do i reuse those?
Old 03-16-2006, 08:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (BDogggUT34)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BDogggUT34 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">thanks man, i looked at Jeg's and they are about $30. You think i can push them in myself? One more thing, when you get the bushings does it also come with the metal sleeve in the middle? Or do i reuse those? </TD></TR></TABLE>

your new bushings will come with the insert, they arent the easiest in the world to get in but they come with directions to help you follow through to make it a smoother install
Old 03-16-2006, 08:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (dreww..)

thanks! thats the plan then!
Old 03-16-2006, 08:45 AM

Default Re: Do these look right? PIC (BDogggUT34)

Your best bet is to find someone with a press to put them in, easist way. otherwise they can be a pain in the butt. If there seized in there which I bet they will be I've seen people use air hammers (Be carefull not to damage the arms) and my personal favorite, carefully cutting them out with a sawzall and popping them out in pieces.

A press would be your best bet tho. The new ones if there like the old ones need to be pressed in as well.

The proplem your going to run into is not the rubber part but that metal outer ring is not going to want to come out without a fight.
Old 03-16-2006, 08:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Do these look right? PIC (nocturnaldragon)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nocturnaldragon &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Your best bet is to find someone with a press to put them in, easist way. otherwise they can be a pain in the butt. If there seized in there which I bet they will be I've seen people use air hammers (Be carefull not to damage the arms) and my personal favorite, carefully cutting them out with a sawzall and popping them out in pieces.

A press would be your best bet tho. The new ones if there like the old ones need to be pressed in as well.

The proplem your going to run into is not the rubber part but that metal outer ring is not going to want to come out without a fight.</TD></TR></TABLE>

i've gotten pretty good with my dremel so hopefully i can work around things with that. i think i'm gonna start lookin around for someone with a press also. thanks for the heads up
Old 03-16-2006, 08:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Do these look right? PIC (nocturnaldragon)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nocturnaldragon &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Your best bet is to find someone with a press to put them in, easist way. otherwise they can be a pain in the butt. If there seized in there which I bet they will be I've seen people use air hammers (Be carefull not to damage the arms) and my personal favorite, carefully cutting them out with a sawzall and popping them out in pieces.

The proplem your going to run into is not the rubber part but that metal outer ring is not going to want to come out without a fight.</TD></TR></TABLE>

haha yeah bro i completly forgot to look at your pics better...the old bushings suck to get out....we actually used an old socket that fit around around the bushing, heated them up, and just pounded the **** out of them with a hammer...a bit ghetto, but it was done carefully, and worked