Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

do people always try to race you guys?

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2006, 09:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default do people always try to race you guys?

dont tell me this belongs in GDD cuz this is civic specific. I've driven my gsr for 8 months, and only got 2-3 cars trying to race me.

yesterday I purchased a 92 si stock and 3 cars tried to race me. I was test driving the car next to a mustang so I was blasting vtec and just passed him and turned, then the guy followeed me around the nieighborhood.

wtf? this **** happen to you guys?
Old 02-05-2006, 09:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: do people always try to race you guys? (ZipTieGuy)

your in a civic, like the number one tuner car and in the top 5 to be stolen, Every one will rev on you, semi's, hot soccer moms in minivans, hicks in their trucks, old guys in v8's, and kids with their car's

it all comes with the civic
Old 02-05-2006, 09:39 PM

not really cause no one ever revs at me. i dont know why. but its fine cause its less attention.

96 ek
Old 02-05-2006, 09:46 PM

Quite often, I dont know why tho my car is more of a show car then for racing.
Old 02-05-2006, 09:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

everytime when i drive the sol... WHY? because it looks fast. LoL fiberglass hood and a lip. that's the only modifications i have. it's a SOHC i get ferrariS and saleens trying to run me. it's like, dude you're hp/torque #'s are greater than what my car is worth.

off topic: i just put it into gear and give it a go for like 3 seconds and drive normally again just so they would drive off. i once had a guy in a hatch cut me off and stopped in front of me just to try to race me. i almost rear ended this idiot.
Old 02-05-2006, 09:58 PM
ballin

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ZipTieGuy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">dont tell me this belongs in GDD cuz this is civic specific. I've driven my gsr for 8 months, and only got 2-3 cars trying to race me.
yesterday I purchased a 92 si stock and 3 cars tried to race me. I was test driving the car next to a mustang so I was blasting vtec and just passed him and turned, then the guy followeed me around the nieighborhood.

wtf? this **** happen to you guys?</TD></TR></TABLE>

This is belongs in GDD, this forum is a TECHNICAL forum.

But to answer your question, yes, everytime I'm at a stop light and a young person is next to me they want to race.
Old 02-05-2006, 10:16 PM

Default Re: do people always try to race you guys? (Chong)

Never, the baby seat in the rear helps out a lot.
Old 02-05-2006, 10:18 PM

i wonder if it would help if I had a baby on board sticker. I dont want no cops ******* with me either
Old 02-05-2006, 10:26 PM

Default Re: (ZipTieGuy)

I almsost never have people revv on me, i think once or twice that i can recall. But then again my car looks ugly and bone stock so it doesnt look like i can back anything up which in reality is true. I have a scuffed up bumer, stock hubacps and fading paint. If people are revving near me its to get the hell away from my car as fast as they can
Old 02-05-2006, 10:27 PM

I rarely get someone wanting to race me, and i drive a blue si.

I just don't make any eye contact with anyone, so that is one of the reasons they don't bother.
Old 02-05-2006, 10:34 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ZipTieGuy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i wonder if it would help if I had a baby on board sticker. I don't want no cops ******* with me either</TD></TR></TABLE>
I personally don't have the "baby on board" sign on my car, but trust me the baby seat helps out a lot with not only ricers trying to race you but also with the cops.
Old 02-06-2006, 12:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

when i first got my car one the freeway to LA i swear cars would line up lol. but now that it doesnt look at rice-y last time i got hit up was 2 months ago and that was a s2k.
Old 02-06-2006, 04:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: do people always try to race you guys? (john666)

"so I was blasting vtec and just passed him and turned"

you don't think this would've gotten his attention?

people will only rev/try to race you if bring attention to yourself. then if somebody does rev at you, ignore them.
Old 02-06-2006, 04:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: do people always try to race you guys? (SOHCejcivic)

Yes. I get revved on, people tear *** out of stoplights, and just about anything else.

I haven't been suckered into a street race in a long long time. If I decide I need the other lane at a light, I'm going to roll out on it, but if the other person goes, I just let them go on ahead 9 times out of 10. It's not worth losing my license over.
Old 02-06-2006, 08:55 AM

Default Re: do people always try to race you guys? (SOHCejcivic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SOHCejcivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">"so I was blasting vtec and just passed him and turned"

you don't think this would've gotten his attention?

people will only rev/try to race you if bring attention to yourself. then if somebody does rev at you, ignore them. </TD></TR></TABLE>

well I was test driving a car. I needed to redline it, I'm not gonna let some fool in a mustang next to me stop me from doing my own ****. im just minding my own business. I let him drive off first and then I mashed on my **** so its his fault he was so slow that a stock sohc vtec could pass him.
Old 02-06-2006, 09:49 AM

wtf is this doing in here? who cares is ppl try to race you, let them speed ahead and crash, or get pulled over. i guess they think if they can beat a civic, there life is fulfilled. take this crap out of the tech forumn.
Old 02-06-2006, 09:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I get reved on sometimes, but what happens more often is people in SUV's and trucks like to cut me off in the Civic, it rarely happens when I drive my wife's car (Mazda Tribute). I really noticed it when I had to drive the wife's car for about 2 weeks straight and then started driving the Civic again. I was amazed at how much it happened, usually guys in trucks or SUV's. I've been thinking about swapping in my stock exhaust to see if people stop doing it.
Old 02-06-2006, 10:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nonsense &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I get reved on sometimes, but what happens more often is people in SUV's and trucks like to cut me off in the Civic, it rarely happens when I drive my wife's car (Mazda Tribute). I really noticed it when I had to drive the wife's car for about 2 weeks straight and then started driving the Civic again. I was amazed at how much it happened, usually guys in trucks or SUV's. I've been thinking about swapping in my stock exhaust to see if people stop doing it. </TD></TR></TABLE>

LoL i only get that when i drive my 00 accord sedan... no respect on the road at all dude.

but when i'm in my del sol, people don't cut me off or tailgate me.

off topic: people in big cars drive all retarded and ****. specially those with crome 22inch rims. it's like wtf... 70mph on local streets. and they cut you off to get to the next red light faster.
Old 02-06-2006, 10:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Yeah I was at the light the other night tired as hell form work and a Subaru WRX was revving at me. Its awesome because im at the light waiting to make my right turn but I cant since its a No Right Turn on Red light and the 2 lane continues forward but then turn into one and Im sitting there and he is letting his BOV go off and Im sitting there and just for giggles I tapped the accelerator and the light goes green the guy chrips his tires as I easily turn and go into the gas station.
Old 02-06-2006, 10:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

yes its stupid

99 ek
Old 02-06-2006, 10:29 AM

Default Re: do people always try to race you guys? (tuck'd98)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tuck’d98 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
it all comes with the Vtec</TD></TR></TABLE>

Edited for accuracy.
Old 02-06-2006, 10:29 AM

Default Re: (iNfAmOuS_eL jDm)

haha i live in the bay area so theres plenty of hatches around here, and i guess those guys know better than to mess with a clean looking hatch.
Old 02-06-2006, 10:32 AM

Default Re: do people always try to race you guys? (tuck'd98)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tuck’d98 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
it all comes with the Vtec</TD></TR></TABLE>

Edited for accuracy.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Ricey McRicerton &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I haven't been suckered into a street race in a long long time. If I decide I need the other lane at a light, I'm going to roll out on it, but if the other person goes, I just let them go on ahead 9 times out of 10. It's not worth losing my license over. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I gun it, and mean mug at them, they gun it, I brake and slide over with my blinker. Works liek a charm, any kinda traffic, any kinda drivers. (less its the kind who just are being dicks and not letting you in) Then I throw bannana peels at em'.
Old 02-06-2006, 10:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: do people always try to race you guys? (Hondaciv95VX)

I had a few, when going home at night from school..like someone said on here, i just start to run then stop at speed limit...in a dropped 4dr, with coupe bumper, and lip..don't know y they want to race me???
Old 02-06-2006, 10:47 AM
* B A N N E D *

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: do people always try to race you guys? (EvilPinkEye)

I would love it if hot soccer moms would rev at me, cause then i could mack on her, steal her car and take off with her hot *** 16 year old daughter.

Quick Reply: do people always try to race you guys?