Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

DO NOT BUY XTD HERE IS PROOF WITH PICS

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2006, 07:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DO NOT BUY XTD HERE IS PROOF WITH PICS

XTD stage 3 6-puck clutch.... this is after about 6000 miles, one track session... basically nothing extreme but daily driving... made a post about noise when I pushed the clutch and thought it was the throwout bearing ended up the whole pressure plate was falling apart. ALMOST ruined my brand new ITR transmission I just got from acura.... expletive XTD

Modified by LShatchie at 3:00 PM 4/21/2006
Old 04-19-2006, 07:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: DO NOT BUY XTD HERE IS PROOF WITH PICS (LShatchie)

pics are fuzzy, cant really tell whats going on?
Old 04-19-2006, 07:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: DO NOT BUY XTD HERE IS PROOF WITH PICS (Sleepy_Red_hatch)

first pic look closely and you can see the clutch material missing big chunks, second pic is the inside of my transmission all chewed up by one of the broken bolts, third and fourth just show how the pressure plate is falling to peices.. sorry for the crappy cam
Old 04-19-2006, 07:40 PM

damn dude, that really sucks..my cousin actually has the same exact clutch in his crx on a jdm b16 motor..havent had any problems with it though to be honest.. weve ordered about 5 clutches from them and they all worked great, but its still a bad experience for you.. hope u make it to the meet, were all going too from philly..
Old 04-19-2006, 07:45 PM

Default Re: DO NOT BUY XTD HERE IS PROOF WITH PICS (ALLMotorBoy)

your flywheel bolt backed out maybe
Old 04-19-2006, 07:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: DO NOT BUY XTD HERE IS PROOF WITH PICS (W O T)

nope all flywheel bolts are intact and tight, you can clearly see the bolts just broke off that hold the plate the clutch rides on to the actual pressure plate.... they are tucked in there and nothing could possibly touch them... they simply broke

motor is built b20vtec all motor with the itr lsd trans, couldnt handle are the torque i guess
Old 04-19-2006, 08:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

dam that sucks

maybe its was one out of XXXX
I have 4 cars with them right now all boosted all driving hard 2 of witch have seen more than 20,000 miles on them. I love them
Old 04-19-2006, 08:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: DO NOT BUY XTD HERE IS PROOF WITH PICS (Under_Pressure)

2 friends of mine also had problems, one his xtd throwout bearing fell apart and the other guy, the inner part of his clutch where the splines go into disconnected from the rest of the disc and spun freely
Old 04-19-2006, 08:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by LShatchie &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> XTD stage 3 6-puck clutch.... this is after about 6000 miles, one track session... basically nothing extreme but daily driving... made a post about noise when I pushed the clutch and thought it was the throwout bearing ended up the whole pressure plate was falling apart. ALMOST ruined my brand new ITR transmission I just got from acura .... expletive XTD
IF ANYONE IN THE MD AREA HAS A CLUTCH KIT LET ME KNOW, I HAVE TO GO TO THE MEET THIS SUNDAY IN PA. </TD></TR></TABLE>

you bought a brand new ITR tranny? You must got $$$$$$$$$.
Old 04-19-2006, 08:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

sucks man. had the pressure plate let go on my classic stang once. except when it went... it went. a piece of metal broken off the pressure plate spun around the inside of the bellhousing for like 2 seconds, and blew a hole the size of a softball in my bellhousing. so thats all new clutch components, and a bellhousing. its a shitty day, been there.

good luck.
Old 04-19-2006, 08:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I really don't know how to say this without being offensive so I'ma just come out with it...

How do you know it's not just ur every day driving that beat the **** outta the clutch? I mean I have a friend who rubs on the clutch a lot, until I taught him otherwise, I got another friend who can chose to have a perfect shift every single time no matter waht under any and all circumstances but chooses to beat the **** outta it as he has money for another one when he needs to...so I'm just saying, how do you know ur driving isn't killing it?
Old 04-19-2006, 08:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Syndacate)

DANG!!!
Old 04-19-2006, 08:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (lazybrown187)

my driving isnt killing it because when I used to have a stock clutch on a b16 it was fine for a longgg time and when I had a exedy organic on my old b18a it was fine until I sold it... come on, only 6000 miles... and you think im not going to make sure im driving it correctly? I bought the new trans, new slave cylinder, new throwout bearing, new axels ect. just to make sure everything was up to date and planned on not having anything brake on me...
Old 04-19-2006, 08:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (LShatchie)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by LShatchie &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">my driving isnt killing it because when I used to have a stock clutch on a b16 it was fine for a longgg time and when I had a exedy organic on my old b18a it was fine until I sold it... come on, only 6000 miles... and you think im not going to make sure im driving it correctly? I bought the new trans, new slave cylinder, new throwout bearing, new axels ect. just to make sure everything was up to date and planned on not having anything brake on me... </TD></TR></TABLE>
i had an exedy before. nice clutch.
Old 04-19-2006, 08:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Did you try contacting the manufacturer (who is it, ACT?) and seeing what they say?

That sucks ***.
Old 04-19-2006, 08:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Luserkid)

the manufacturer is XTD, an ebay brand.... im not even going to try

all there is to say is you get what you pay for... come on this clutch was 250 shipped WITH a flywheel... most aftermarket stage 3 clutches alone go for atleast 300
Old 04-19-2006, 08:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

please no flaming, this thread was simply made to inform people about XTD clutches...
Old 04-20-2006, 08:04 PM

yea man i didnt know you were riding a b20.. when u have a b20 you know youre putting out crazy torque.. i think that coulda been the problem..
Old 04-20-2006, 08:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (ALLMotorBoy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ALLMotorBoy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yea man i didnt know you were riding a b20.. when u have a b20 you know youre putting out crazy torque.. i think that coulda been the problem..</TD></TR></TABLE>

I had 270wtq on my prelude, 340wtq on the Gs-t, 246wtq on the teggy and ek soooo.....
Old 04-20-2006, 08:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Under_Pressure)

Well today I bought a competition clutch, cost me $400.. only put 25 miles on it so far. Its a stage 4 1620 series, and what I really like about it is the pedal feels pretty much stock compared to the old xtd. Much smoother feeling clutch but can handle very high amounts of power and torque. Well worth the money. After inspecting both clutch setups the xtd IMO is made very cheaply and does not feel as heavy or ridgid as the CC.
Old 04-20-2006, 08:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

forgot to mention its not fun pulling your tranny day 1, day 2 reinstalling, day 3 taking off again, and day 4 reinstalling again haha. I dont want to see another transmission or axel for awhile.
Old 04-20-2006, 08:40 PM

i know how u feel bro, i did 2 tranny swaps and a clutch swap in one weekend..now my starter broke off the trans on me and guess what, im not touchin the trans for about another week.. i might just weld the bitchon there...lol
Old 04-20-2006, 08:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (ALLMotorBoy)

Thats why i dont buy aftermarket clutch's
Old 04-20-2006, 08:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by LShatchie &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
my driving isnt killing it because when I used to have a stock clutch on a b16 it was fine for a longgg time and when I had a exedy organic on my old b18a it was fine until I sold it... come on, only 6000 miles... and you think im not going to make sure im driving it correctly? I bought the new trans, new slave cylinder, new throwout bearing, new axels ect. just to make sure everything was up to date and planned on not having anything brake on me...
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Some people ride the clutch and don't even know it, but thx for the adver about how bad this clutch is, I usually only buy CM or ACT, but I'll remember to stay away from XTD if I come accross it
Old 04-20-2006, 09:23 PM

Default Re: (Syndacate)

you went and bought a brand new ITR tranny from acura, and then you go on ebay and buy a noname clutch, i woulda just saved up and got an Exedy or an ACT. sometimes its more than just a name, its about the quality.

Quick Reply: DO NOT BUY XTD HERE IS PROOF WITH PICS