Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

DO NOT BUY FROM AUTOZCONCEPT!-~please read~

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2007, 08:16 PM
I'm a Jackass

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DO NOT BUY FROM AUTOZCONCEPT!-~please read~

SHORT STORY-well i bolted up my new jdm type-r style 4-1 headers, that i had purchasecd form http://www.autozconcept and the fitment FITS LIKE COMPLETE ***!~ they were for 00 si and as i finished bolting the header... i noticed that the flange at the end of the header would not reach the cat....and i was wondering what could have caused this..I TRIED EVERYTHING TO MAKE IT FIT BUT IN THE END THEY JUST DID NOT MATE UP RIGHT...1 WORD DO NOT BUY FROM THEM.......

there was liike a good 2 inches from the flange to the cat..im going to have a muffler shop quote me on how much it should cost...

but was wondering if there is any COST EFFECTIVE WAY TO FIX IT THX

AND ALSO WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK THE MUFFLER SHOP WOULD CHARGE ME TO WELD SOME EXHAUST TUBING TO FIT THE CAT....

im not trying to say there business is bad...they have a great service i recieved my product in 3 business days on ground shipping do not get me wrong but there product quality is complete crap...the ports inside them were complete crap the welds were were so bad you'd think a 3yr old welded them...i know at the price they charge you will point to say you get what you payed for but, like i said the product sucks..it says direct fitment no modification BULLS***
NOW I HAVE TO GO GET IT FIXED....BUT LIKE I SAID EARLIER

WHAT IS THE MOST COST EFFECTIVE WAY TO FIX IT THX

AND ALSO WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK THE MUFFLER SHOP WOULD CHARGE ME TO WELD SOME EXHAUST TUBING TO FIT THE CAT....

Old 05-09-2007, 08:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: DO NOT BUY FROM AUTOZCONCEPT!-~please read~ (ilovemycoupe)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ilovemycoupe &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">SHORT STORY-well i bolted up my new jdm type-r style 4-1 headers, that i had purchasecd form http://www.autozconcept and the fitment FITS LIKE COMPLETE ***!~ they were for 00 si and as i finished bolting the header... i noticed that the flange at the end of the header would not reach the cat....and i was wondering what could have caused this..I TRIED EVERYTHING TO MAKE IT FIT BUT IN THE END THEY JUST DID NOT MATE UP RIGHT...1 WORD DO NOT BUY FROM THEM.......

there was liike a good 2 inches from the flange to the cat..im going to have a muffler shop quote me on how much it should cost...

but was wondering if there is any COST EFFECTIVE WAY TO FIX IT THX

im not trying to say there business is bad...they have a great service i recieved my product in 3 business days on ground shipping do not get me wrong but there product quality is complete crap...the portys insidwe them were complete crap the welds were were so bad you'd think a 3yr old welded them...i know at the price they charge you will point to say you get what you payed for but, like i said the product sucks..it says direct fitment no modification BULLS***
NOW I HAVE TO GO GET IT FIXED....BUT LIKE I SAID EARLIER

WHAT IS THE MOST COST EFFECTIVE WAY TO FIX IT THX

</TD></TR></TABLE>

how much did you buy it for bro? i'm guessing under $100.
Old 05-09-2007, 08:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Sell them here on HT stating the problem or on ebay.. Then go and buy Megan Racing Headers from kgsengineering.com for $175 shipped! I got the 4-2-1 headers and I am quite happy!
Old 05-09-2007, 08:20 PM

yup, you get what you pay for, but the muffler shop should be able to cut the flange off and weld on a piece of tubing then re-weld the flange back on. not sure how much it would cost should not be that expensive.

i know it will be less than $500 lol!!
Old 05-09-2007, 08:21 PM

you should email autozconcept and tell them your problem and maybe they'll mail you another one.
Old 05-09-2007, 08:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

First of all, JDM Style Type R headers usually have a bigger collector then stock and won't bolt up to a stock cat. Your best bet is to buy an aftermarket universal cat and have a muffler shop install or u can mod your stock cat, or buy an omni test pipe with 2.5 inch inlet and adjustable length