Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Do EG Si's come with rear disc brakes?

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2005, 03:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do EG Si's come with rear disc brakes?

I noticed the EG i purchased had what seemed to be rear disc brakes. How can I tell if they are disc or drum?

One of my friends told me Si's don't come with rear discs and that the person before me probably added it. But the guy i purchased the car from told me that EG Si's come with em.
Old 01-16-2005, 03:36 AM
TSPeed Factory

Default Re: Do EG Si's come with rear disc brakes? (roboedar)

yes. period. so does 92-95 civic 4 door ex.
Old 01-16-2005, 03:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Do EG Si's come with rear disc brakes? (AzntaggeR)

close thread
Old 01-16-2005, 06:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

they should come with them, however if you were to ask honda when the car was bought new, they would put drum on it. just like some EX coupes have drums, and some have disc. if the back brakes look like the front ones, then you have disc in the rear
Old 01-16-2005, 08:23 AM

Default Re: Do EG Si's come with rear disc brakes? (slambedcivic)

eg si has rear disc standerd
Old 01-16-2005, 09:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i heard eg si's had disc brakes optional...but they were standard on the 94's...not positive though
Old 01-16-2005, 09:29 AM

Default Re: Do EG Si's come with rear disc brakes? (eJone powereD)

^ no all do
Old 01-16-2005, 09:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: chillin in that city called queen creek, but homes the atl
Default Re: Do EG Si's come with rear disc brakes? (Judd)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Judd &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">^ no all do </TD></TR></TABLE>
that is very correct
Old 01-16-2005, 09:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Do EG Si's come with rear disc brakes? (street dreams)

oh ok...then i shall kill the guy who told me they were optional...prevented me from getting a 92-95 si
Old 01-16-2005, 09:57 AM

Default Re: Do EG Si's come with rear disc brakes? (street dreams)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by street dreams &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
that is very correct</TD></TR></TABLE>

what he said
Old 01-16-2005, 10:36 AM
memoryFAB.com representative

Default Re: Do EG Si's come with rear disc brakes? (JSPECHB)

i want rear discs
Old 01-16-2005, 11:02 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

I think the 92-93 Si's had rear discs as an option. Then the 94-95 Si's had them as standard.

As far as telling if it has discs or drums, look through the hubcaps. It should be a shiny disc with a brake caliper if it has discs. Not as large as the fronts, but a similar setup. If it has drums, then all you should see is a dull looking "cap", since the brake shoe/pads are inside the drums.

And yes as AzntaggR said, 92-95 Ex sedans had them standard.

B18C5-EH2 can you confirm this?

Modified by Sasebonian at 12:23 PM 1/16/2005
Old 01-16-2005, 11:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Do EG Si's come with rear disc brakes? (Sasebonian)

^^^ i was thinking the same thing
Old 01-16-2005, 12:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

my 93 hb si has em

i don't think it was an optional thing, i believe it was standard because every hb si/ex i have seen have rear discs but who knows..... hehe maybe all the owners that i have seen them on opted to get the rear discs.
Old 01-16-2005, 12:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Do EG Si's come with rear disc brakes? (pinoyrukus)

I am pretty sure that they were standard on the Si trim level, it was part of the package that you got. Including power mirros, moonroof, 1.6L 125hp Vtec engine. But then there is the ABS, I dobelive that it was optional, while 4 disc brakes were standard, the ABS system was optional. But then again i've owned to 94 Si's and both have had 4wheel disc and front wheel ABS, so maybe for the later 94-95 model years it was standard.

Also, FYI: Si disc brakes have same size rotors as integras.
Old 01-16-2005, 12:40 PM
be professional

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Re: Do EG Si's come with rear disc brakes? (slambedcivic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by slambedcivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">they should come with them, however if you were to ask honda when the car was bought new, they would put drum on it.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Wrong. All EH3s came with rear discs from the factory. Period. No option.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">just like some EX coupes have drums, and some have disc.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Only the EJ1s that had the optional ABS came with rear discs.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Sasebonian &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I think the 92-93 Si's had rear discs as an option. Then the 94-95 Si's had them as standard.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Wrong. All EH3s came with rear discs from the factory. Period. Year is irrelevent.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by allmotorEG-SI &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Also, FYI: Si disc brakes have same size rotors as integras. </TD></TR></TABLE>
Wrong. The rear discs are indeed the same, however the fronts are not necessarily the same. EH3s without ABS had 9.5" front rotors - the same as all the other '92-95 Civic hatchbacks. 1994 EH3s with the optional ABS did have the Integra-sized 10.3" front rotors.
Old 01-16-2005, 01:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Do EG Si's come with rear disc brakes? (Targa250R)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Targa250R &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Wrong. The rear discs are indeed the same, however the fronts are not necessarily the same. EH3s without ABS had 9.5" front rotors - the same as all the other '92-95 Civic hatchbacks. 1994 EH3s with the optional ABS did have the Integra-sized 10.3" front rotors.</TD></TR></TABLE>

well, you say i'm wrong, but then you say i'm right. you first say, the backs are the same, then you say the fronts aren't(w/o abs) but they are with abs. Now my statement was kinda vague" civic disc brakes are the same size as integras" but it is true and not wrong, as you claim. You even say so yourself. the only time they are not the same size is without the abs and on the fronts. But that is not what i was talking about, now that is my fault i didn't make myself clear enough as to which disc brakes i was talking about. BUt then again i didn't feel a need to. I had no idea that someone would take the time to quote everything i say just to tear it apart and tell me i'm wrong. That isn't very polite, you could at least say. "well i need to clairify that not all disc brakes are same as integras....etc" but you just had to say no your wrong its this way.
Old 01-16-2005, 01:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Targa250R &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Wrong. All EH3s came with rear discs from the factory. Period. No option.</TD></TR></TABLE>

BTW, the thread was about "EG Si's" not this EH stuff your talking about. So only please do not go off subject here. also, when i said "Si's" i was refering to the "EG Si's" as stated in the thread title. please pay attention.

Modified by allmotorEG-SI at 2:15 PM 1/16/2005
Old 01-16-2005, 01:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Only the EJ1s that had the optional ABS came with rear discs.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

yet some how both 94 si hatch backs i've had have had 4 wheel disc and ABS...hmmm.

now i do understand that these chassis codes most use are not exactly correct, i am no expert on chassis codes myself. so i do hope that by ej1, you are refering to what we all think of as the EG's.
Old 01-16-2005, 01:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Do EG Si's come with rear disc brakes? (allmotorEG-SI)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by allmotorEG-SI &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

yet some how both 94 si hatch backs i've had have had 4 wheel disc and ABS...hmmm.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

only 94's came with abs 92,93,95 don't

well anyways to get back on subject if you bought a 92-95 si/ex hb and you didn't get rear disc brakes, someone probably took it off before they sold it HAHHAHA

so do this buy the jdm integra sir-g (same as gsr *i think*) brake conversion which will run you round $250-$350 depending on where you shop you will get bigger rotors plus bigger calipers and all disc brakes just an idea hehe
Old 01-16-2005, 01:36 PM
Solbros Owns Me

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by allmotorEG-SI &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

BTW, the thread was about "EG Si's" not this EH stuff your talking about. So only please do not go off subject here. also, when i said "Si's" i was refering to the "EG Si's" as stated in the thread title. please pay attention.

Modified by allmotorEG-SI at 2:15 PM 1/16/2005</TD></TR></TABLE>

are you a moron??? There is no EG hatch in US land...period. The EH3 is the chassis code for the 92-95 Honda Civic Si hatchback. Simple enough? Good.
Old 01-16-2005, 02:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Do EG Si's come with rear disc brakes? (Evs-One)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Evs-One &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

are you a moron??? There is no EG hatch in US land...period. The EH3 is the chassis code for the 92-95 Honda Civic Si hatchback. Simple enough? Good. </TD></TR></TABLE>

OHHHHHH! your one of those people.
in case you didn't notice a lot of people use slang. For many people they don't know the exact chassis code of cars. most of us like jdm, so the jdm civic hatch is called EG something or other. so we just call all 92-95 hatchbacks "EG." it is much simplier then saying eh3 and confusing people. Please don't call names, it just makes you look childish.
Old 01-16-2005, 03:17 PM
Solbros Owns Me

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

OHHHHHH! your one of those people.
in case you didn't notice a lot of people use slang. For many people they don't know the exact chassis code of cars. most of us like jdm, so the jdm civic hatch is called EG something or other. so we just call all 92-95 hatchbacks "EG." it is much simplier then saying eh3 and confusing people. Please don't call names, it just makes you look childish.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I call hatches EG's.....you're the one that said "that eh stuff" like you had no idea what was going on. EH3 IS the chassis code we are referring to. EG refers to the entire 5th gen Civic line up for most of the import community.
Old 01-16-2005, 03:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

thread title=Do EG Si's come with rear disc brakes?

Lets stay on subject shall we.
Old 01-16-2005, 03:54 PM

aww dont forget the del sol Si, being an EG themselves...have the rear discs

Quick Reply: Do EG Si's come with rear disc brakes?