Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

dizzy removal

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2005, 02:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dizzy removal

holy crap, seems like I just keep running into problems.

On the dizzy there are two plugs, the bigger one on the top does not want to come out. I know there is a clip on the top part of it, is there also one on the bottom ?

I just received dizzy from distributor king. Looks nice, but I tried removing the cap, and unfreaking believable the god damn screws are practically welded on. I got one off, but the other two not. This is the same problem that got me having to get a new dizzy in the first place. Why the hell would they put locktite on the damn screws, and make it impossible to remove? I wonder in the rotor is the same(**** I hope not).

On another segue, I noticed that the negative battery terminal only has the one cable, there is no ground wire(that I see). Should I get one before I put the new dizzy on and run it? Or can I install and run it, same day get a ground wire ?

Thanks,
Joe
Old 12-29-2005, 03:35 PM

Default Re: dizzy removal (josephshark)

bump for some no flame kind HT help
Old 12-29-2005, 03:48 PM

there is only one clip on the plug to remove the dizzy, although there is a clip that releases it off of a mount.

Not sure why you need to take the cap off in the first place but anyway to get that off it would be best to get this heavy weight type of screw driver that you hit with a hammer and it will break the screw free, not sure what its called.

I wonder in the rotor is the same(**** I hope not).
If your asking if the rotory bugs are the same they are.

And as far as the negative wire going to where ever your talking about I dont understand what your asking but you shouldn't have to run any ground wires. Hope I helped some.
Old 12-29-2005, 05:04 PM

Default Re: dizzy removal (streetracerof06)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by streetracerof06 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">there is only one clip on the plug to remove the dizzy, although there is a clip that releases it off of a mount.

Not sure why you need to take the cap off in the first place but anyway to get that off it would be best to get this heavy weight type of screw driver that you hit with a hammer and it will break the screw free, not sure what its called.

I wonder in the rotor is the same(**** I hope not).
If your asking if the rotory bugs are the same they are.

And as far as the negative wire going to where ever your talking about I dont understand what your asking but you shouldn't have to run any ground wires. Hope I helped some.</TD></TR></TABLE>
If there is only one clip, i'm in deep ****. What the hell do you have to do to take this plug off? Jaws of life...
I just wanted to take the cap off, just for the hell of it, well really to take a look at the rotor, and see how hard it would be to take the screw off of that.
As for the battery, Isn't there supposed to be a ground wire that connects from the negative battery terminal to the car chassis ?

Old 12-29-2005, 05:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

are you trying to undo the dizzy cap bolts with a screw driver or socket?(socket is the right answer here) You have to take the connectors off the metal mount before you can seprerate the wires.
Old 12-29-2005, 05:20 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by josephshark &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
If there is only one clip, i'm in deep ****. What the hell do you have to do to take this plug off? Jaws of life...
I just wanted to take the cap off, just for the hell of it, well really to take a look at the rotor, and see how hard it would be to take the screw off of that.
As for the battery, Isn't there supposed to be a ground wire that connects from the negative battery terminal to the car chassis ?

</TD></TR></TABLE>Ok stand on the passenger side of the car over the wheel and when you look at the larger plug the one on top its to the left of the dizzy btw(I assume thats the one you having problems with) if you tilt your head to the left and look under that plug there is a small clip under that plug, press it up and pull towards the windshield and the entire plug should slide off the mounting bracket of the dizzy. Then just un plug the plug.
If you plan on taking the rotory bug off you will definatly need that tool I decribed, because the dizzy on my b16 just went out and I took the dizzy apart and that screw holding the rotor on was impossible to take off with a regular screw driver.
As for a ground wire coming off the negative terminal there should'nt be one, unless its grounding your aftermarket tach or something. If you need more help let me know.
Old 12-29-2005, 05:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

your talking an impact driver. If you have decent screw drivers and you dont try to get it out like a fairy you will be fine (no shots at anyone) I have taken hundreds out at work and never used a impact driver on a honda rotor screw.
Old 12-29-2005, 05:41 PM

Default Re: dizzy removal (highroller54)

no shot taken, Its just the last two I have done have been a bitch to get out with a normal screw driver so I assumed they were all like that.
Old 12-29-2005, 05:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

they are tight dont get me wrong but unless you got a sweetass screw driver they like to jump out and strip rather then turn. I just dont like useing a impact driver because its hard on the shaft and bearings of the dizzy.
Old 12-29-2005, 06:21 PM

Default Re: dizzy removal (highroller54)

LOL, I used a regular screw driver on the one in the car now, and that's obviously how the dizzy got screwed up. No one could take that damn screw off.
Any how, the old one is shot, however it was done it's done.

I see the clip on the new dizzy, but that removes the small plug from the dizzy. Is the same thing on the the larger plug ? I sure hope so, cause i was pulling like all hell, and could not budge the ****.