Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

dizzy problemo, searched and still had a question!! HELP PLEASE!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2004, 08:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dizzy problemo, searched and still had a question!! HELP PLEASE!!

k, here is my problem. i have a 93 SOHC non-vtec cx hatch. my dizzy died on me and i need a replacement. i call my friend and he said he has one, but off an ef.....OBD0, and i kinda need my car back on the road ASAP since its my only car. SOOOOOo seeing as my car is OBD1, would that dizzy work or not??

i read this post, but made me a lil more confused...
https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=557871

so if any help could be given, i'd REALLY appreciate it...cuz i need to find out so i can get a replacement dizzy FAST!!!!
Old 12-20-2004, 08:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: dizzy problemo, searched and still had a question!! HELP PLEASE!! (CharcoalEGG)

I wouldnt use it, but if you wanted to i know with OBD2 you just cut the plugs and put the OBD1 plugs on and your good to go.
Old 12-20-2004, 08:47 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ive never tried using a OBDO dizzy on a OBDI. if it does fit. only thing you got to do is just cut off the connector on the dizzy and reconnect the wires to the OBDI plug. be sure to leave a lil room incase u mess up.

Damn i must be slow tonight. uve beatin me to 4-5 post luser..lol
Old 12-20-2004, 08:47 PM

Default Re: dizzy problemo, searched and still had a question!! HELP PLEASE!! (Luserkid)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Luserkid &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I wouldnt use it, but if you wanted to i know with OBD2 you just cut the plugs and put the OBD1 plugs on and your good to go. </TD></TR></TABLE>

so would the same principle "apply" to the OBD0?? or should i just find a OBD1 dizzy?? cuz i need one NOWWWW haha. thanks for the fast reply!!
Old 12-20-2004, 08:49 PM

Default Re: (JDMlyfestyle)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDMlyfestyle &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ive never tried using a OBDO dizzy on a OBDI. if it does fit. only thing you got to do is just cut off the connector on the dizzy and reconnect the wires to the OBDI plug. be sure to leave a lil room incase u mess up.</TD></TR></TABLE>

didnt see that post. hahaa. it SHOULD be ok to cut and re wire the dizzy right?? as long as the dizzy's wires are connected fine?? the only reason i dont wanna shell out for a BRAND NEW unit is cuz im swappin the motor out soon and i dont wanna buy a new one JUST to take it back out.
Risky Business

Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Default Re: dizzy problemo, searched and still had a question!! HELP PLEASE!! (CharcoalEGG)

GET AN OBD1 DIZZY.

END OF STORY.
Honda-Tech Member

finding a used distributor for your motor on Honda-tech shouldn't be all that difficult...especially for cx. Hell people might just be kind enough to give you one...check in the classifieds.

he said he wouldnt use it. but if its an emergency and temporary i would give it a shot.

just be sure to look at the wiring diagrams and put the right wire in the right spot otherwise it could lead to more trouble. electrical issues and no one likes those.
Old 12-20-2004, 08:51 PM

Default Re: dizzy problemo, searched and still had a question!! HELP PLEASE!! (BauleyCivic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BauleyCivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">GET AN OBD1 DIZZY.

END OF STORY.</TD></TR></TABLE>

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by civicboisi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">finding a used distributor for your motor on Honda-tech shouldn't be all that difficult...especially for cx. Hell people might just be kind enough to give you one...check in the classifieds.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

problem is i have been TRYING to find one in the classifieds, but nobody from around me has one

anybody know someone who has one in socal?!?!? cuz i've asked in the classifieds, but nothing.
Old 12-20-2004, 08:55 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDMlyfestyle &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">he said he wouldnt use it. but if its an emergency and temporary i would give it a shot.

just be sure to look at the wiring diagrams and put the right wire in the right spot otherwise it could lead to more trouble. electrical issues and no one likes those.</TD></TR></TABLE>

have a diagram i could use?? IF IT COMES TO IT!!!!! for all those sayin i should find a OBD1, when i have been trying. this wiill be temporary like he said. if anything.
Old 12-20-2004, 09:00 PM

sorry i dont have a diagram. never dealt with OBD0 besides on my old legend. that was my first car and i didnt know **** about electrical systems at all. never really got into it til about a year ago.
Old 12-20-2004, 09:06 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDMlyfestyle &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">sorry i dont have a diagram. never dealt with OBD0 besides on my old legend. that was my first car and i didnt know **** about electrical systems at all. never really got into it til about a year ago.</TD></TR></TABLE>

alrighty, cool cool thanks anyway man!!! appreciate it!!. just got a pm. about dizzy. all d series ignition systems SHOULd be same right?? are there any differences? cuz a guy has one, his brother used it for b18c1, and he used it for his dseries. thats wut he told me
Old 12-20-2004, 09:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (CharcoalEGG)

have you tried fixing yours??? do you know whats wrong with it? autozone has all the replacement parts in stock most likely, mine did, so you know ahead of time a new coil is 60 bucks thats what i needed
Old 12-20-2004, 09:44 PM

Default Re: (dornon13)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dornon13 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">have you tried fixing yours??? do you know whats wrong with it? autozone has all the replacement parts in stock most likely, mine did, so you know ahead of time a new coil is 60 bucks thats what i needed </TD></TR></TABLE>

yea, the rotor basically came out or something, so now it doesnt rotate, and so i took it apart, basically broke it apart cuz that was trashed anyway, and the whole thing was messed up.
Old 12-20-2004, 11:52 PM

i got an obd1 dizzy in socal that i'll sell you. pm me