Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

DIY/How to: Del Sol Seats into an EK

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2007, 06:57 PM
Farts in the shower

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: DIY/How to: Del Sol Seats into an EK (Ricey McRicerton)

Alright I'm bumping this up because I'm installing them as we speak. I've gotten everything off except the driver side rail off the driver seat, the rail that bolts to the seat that connects to the spring/slider won't come off. I can see 1 more bolt but it's tucked way up inside the seat and I can't get to it. I've tried sliding the seat "off" to get closer to it but alas, I'm posting with my question.

TIA

car is 98 civic
Old 04-26-2007, 07:04 PM
HT White Ops

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: DIY/How to: Del Sol Seats into an EK (.ken)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by .ken &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Alright I'm bumping this up because I'm installing them as we speak. I've gotten everything off except the driver side rail off the driver seat, the rail that bolts to the seat that connects to the spring/slider won't come off. I can see 1 more bolt but it's tucked way up inside the seat and I can't get to it. I've tried sliding the seat "off" to get closer to it but alas, I'm posting with my question.

TIA

car is 98 civic </TD></TR></TABLE>

I've been there, it sucks. You basically have to roll the seat fabric up and get your socket in between the foam. Just keep trying. At the bottom of the seatback, there should be a black plastic tract. That's what's holding the two ends of the cover together.
Old 04-26-2007, 07:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by .ken &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">These are the absolute BEST seats I've ever sat in. I would own these over a Sparco or Recaro seat any day. Best part is, they're cheap!
</TD></TR></TABLE>

I hate my Del Sol seats. Can't wait to swap them out & sell them.
Old 04-26-2007, 07:18 PM

Default Re: DIY/How to: Del Sol Seats into an EK (HatchSpeeD)

I like my sol seats, just would rather have the newer thick material.
Old 04-26-2007, 07:20 PM
HT White Ops

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by HatchSpeeD &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I hate my Del Sol seats. Can't wait to swap them out & sell them.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Are you a fat kid?

PS - You quoted the wrong guy saying the wrong thing.
Old 04-26-2007, 08:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

5'11 165lbs
Their not too comfortable, don't have great side support, hardly no padding. I don't like seating position in the del sol either. I feel like i'm sitting on the ground & center shifter console is way too high.

Civic/integra's are much more natural feeling to me. I'm hoping an aftermarket seat is going to help the seating position & overall feel.
Old 04-26-2007, 08:14 PM
Ek Forever y0!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: (HatchSpeeD)

Sounds like you have a picky hind end.

Maybe the foam is shot.

Either way you're the first person of about 20 to say they didn't like them.
Old 04-26-2007, 08:14 PM
HT White Ops

I feel more "comfortable" in an integra seat, but it's not nearly as supportive as a Sol seat for me, no holding in the corners and no thigh bolstering. I used to have to brace myself against the dash with my knee when auto-x'ing.
Old 04-26-2007, 08:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (HatchSpeeD)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by HatchSpeeD &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">5'11 165lbs
Their not too comfortable, don't have great side support, hardly no padding. I don't like seating position in the del sol either. I feel like i'm sitting on the ground & center shifter console is way too high.</TD></TR></TABLE>

6'4", 175lbs

I guess it's a case of to each their own. The Sol fits me like a glove, literally. I don't so much get into one as put it on, but damn, once I'm in there, I'm in heaven. Too bad I need 4 seatbelts. The Sol seat in my EJ1 is nice enough to make me happy, even if it is the early one with the t-shirt field fabric. If anyone wants to trade later model (grippy) seats for some earlier blue stripes in great condition, let me know.
Old 04-26-2007, 09:48 PM
Farts in the shower

Default Re: DIY/How to: Del Sol Seats into an EK (Eran)

Got them installed, thanks for the quick reply Eran .

Oh sooo comfy! Worth every penny .
Old 04-26-2007, 09:50 PM

Default Re: (dunkd)

nice sol seats!
most used sol seat are pretty beat up
i might do this
Old 04-26-2007, 09:53 PM
HT White Ops

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by .ken &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Got them installed, thanks for the quick reply Eran .

Oh sooo comfy! Worth every penny .</TD></TR></TABLE>

for DIY
Old 05-05-2009, 01:05 PM

Default Re: DIY/How to: Del Sol Seats into an EK

I have a pair of the grey stitched ek del sol seats in my eg and I love 'em.
Old 05-05-2009, 02:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Coup3y 17
I have a pair of the grey stitched ek del sol seats in my eg and I love 'em.
Nice, you brought a dead thread back.
Old 10-26-2009, 10:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

can you post the pics up again...sorry but i'm putting del sol seats into my ek and i just want some visual help. Thanks i know its an old thread but can someone post up pics?
Old 08-18-2010, 01:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

ttt, can't see pix, but instructions are just as good. got my seats last night and going to install in ek now
Old 08-18-2010, 05:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

nice seats. took about an hour with only hand tools in 95F heat. swapping brackets is pretty straight forward. phillips driver for the trim, pull off the recline handle, 2 on the lower of each side and 3 total seat back bolts to undue. i found folding a bit of the ek upholstry up and pulling evenly gave the easiest access for me. the del sol seats just unzip one side and pull 1 hog ring apart or cut and zip tie back together.
the seats do sit a bit low which is great for headroom and still decent visability and i'm 5'11 w/longer legs instead of torso. seats were $100 in decent shape with the silver stripe. all around coomfy though. i can neither see myself in my rearview mirror nor the end of my hood though which i like about my crx. looking forward to either rsx or s2k seats in the coming future though.
i think the del sols will be decent for road trips/easy commuting. wouldn't recommend them if you live in s.f. or a place like that as parking i assume will be a bit more time consuming not having full hood visability and a lower platform now.
rear seat legroom is great and desipte the seat feels lower, backseat footroom is not compromised.

I WOULD RECOMMEND for the price and comfort but would only give them a 6 with oem ek seats being a 4 simply because of decreased visual
Old 08-19-2010, 08:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

The Del sol seats in my del sol fit perfectly

kidding aside I'm getting some S2K red leathers in Jan , I'll be hocking my seats for cheap, good condition
Old 08-19-2010, 12:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by SILVER97EX
I like my sol seats, just would rather have the newer thick material.
I will sell you mine! after I get my NRG replica's in of course.

The guy who owned my sol before me had the seats re-foamed with thicker foam and then redid it in leather, they suck so bad, you slide everywhere and they don't hold you in place.

But hey if you want more padding! LOL
Old 10-11-2013, 07:36 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Anyone got pics of this as the original ones are dead?
Old 10-11-2013, 07:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by BrakeExpert
Anyone got pics of this as the original ones are dead?
Nope, so look up for another DIY such as this:

http://www.d-series.org/forums/diy-f...ml#post1479769

Originally Posted by HCivicdx
ok so i have decided to make a DIY del sol seats into any other car thread because i have been asked many times how did i get the seats to bolt up

so here is the seat i found it at a local junkyard and was lucky because the car just came into the yard the day before it even still had the ecu in it...make sure that you clean the seat before doing anything to it with some soap and water...

to start off you need to remove the old seat.

then after you have removed the old seat you need to take the rails off of it and that involves numerous things

1. remove the plastic coverings on the side of the seat

2. you need to remove one rail first for the next step (there are 3 10 mili bolts, the bolt on the back of the seat will be the toughest to remove)

3. there is a metal wire under the seat that connects the two rails together for when the seat slides front to back...once you have removed that one rail then this wire can be removed (make sure not to lose the washers on the wire)

4. once you have removed the wire proceed to remove the next rail (it also has 3 10 mili bolts)

5. be sure not to lose the wires or bolts because you will need to reuse them

The two rails above one is from the civic (top) and the other is from the del sol (bottom) which you can see that the are different from one another.
Now that you have removed the rails from the civic and del sol seat be sure no to mix them up also do not mix the hardware up

Now i have chosen to paint the fabric with fabric paint before i install it and that reqiures you to take the seat completely apart...make sure you let it completely dry (overnight)

Now once you are done with painting and putting the rails on the del sol seat it is ready to bolt right in

If you have any questions just fee free to ask and the passenger side is the same process...i have also installed the passenger seat...