Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Diy 92-95 sedan power actautor & window assembly in 92-95 hatch

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2015, 08:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Diy 92-95 sedan power actautor & window assembly in 92-95 hatch

What's up guys & gals! I am currently fixing a hatch I bought and had some extra sedan parts. I read online about swapping door window internals into the hatch and lots of people stated it wasn't possible due to the sedan doors being shorter. Turns out they were wrong! What?!?! Yes!
Down side it closes only to half of the weather strip.. But I believe longer slots can be made on the door for it to close 100%

Tools/ítems:
Obviously you will need the sedan actuator and window assembly. Also the power harness for the door and behind the dash.
I also used the sedan door harness.
A Drill
And a 10mm nut

This is a bit of a Frankenstein takes a little swapping and trimming but it's a good fit.
If you wish to follow this please note that I am not responsible for any issues.

Start by removing your manual window assembly and automatic assembly

Sedan(top) and hatch window assembly.

Remove and swap window retainer frame/rail

Just bend the stoppers straight and slide off the wheels. Swap the hatch manual rail into the sedan assembly.

Use the same bolts to install the sedan assembly.
You will need to drill a hole in the smaller sedan rail and use a #10 nut to hold it from the inside of the door.

You can swap the other rail into the sedan assembly but I didn't in order to allow more travel. Do as you wish haven't tried it though.

The smaller rail is held by one hole and the other hole has about a 1" slot to adjust up and down. I found that it works best all the way up. See the bolt all the way to the right on the pic and notice it is high on the slot

Sedan window assembly in hatch

The sedan assembly doesn't go on the same holes as the hatch. You'll figure it out it's not hard.

The window will now close but only to half of the top weather strip.

My GUESS is you can make higher slots for the small rail for it to close it 100% I am going to try this next week.

Now lock actuator...toooo easy! remove the sedan actuator

Sedan front actuator

With a steady hand you don't need to remove your hatch latch. Just slide in the actuator like it came out and screw in the 3 tiny screws.

Hope this helps someone. if you need more clarification please ask