Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Disc Conversion Outcome - Wheel Off Center - Help

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2008, 04:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Disc Conversion Outcome - Wheel Off Center - Help

Well i did my conversion like 2 weeks ago....and i finally found my camara to take pics of the outcome. One side came out flawless...but the driver side just didnt align and its possibly because of an accident before i owned the car. I am wondering if anyone knows approx how much of damage is done and approx. what it will be needed to be done.

I have taken the car to a Frame alignment place to look at it and they told me that chassis has pieces cut off and welded on to and its most likely due to a big accident it was involved which is true, it did have an accident on that side. they also told me they wouldnt e able to do the job (as to align the frame) and advised me that if im going to invest money on car...DO NOT do it on this one. When i lift my car to do the conversion i also realize it was rotting to death...

I love my EJ2....so i dont know what to do....either new EJ shell or fix this....

here is the side that is flawless

and this side just did not come out right....

here are some other pics i took sticking my hand under...not that good ut hope it helps

here is the rust eating my car out...lol

this was going to be my project car

on another note....the driver side front suspension i have lift as far as i can...and the front passenger is the oppsite i have all down...though the driver side is still slightly lowered....as for my rear suspension...it is not that bad...but one has to be raised more than other as well to align the car visually

what can i do??????
Old 05-07-2008, 04:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Anything you guys can tell me i will greatly appreciated. any advise....or if u need any other pics to help me out better i will do my best to take them. Thanx in advance.
Old 05-07-2008, 04:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

ANyone with any opinions? advise?
Old 05-07-2008, 05:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (SinsEvil666)

looks like you got some major frame/sub-frame damage, and that rotting **** is pricey work , I'd avside getting yourself a diff shell
Old 05-07-2008, 05:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: (elektronsi)

What year is the car? Ive been noticing 96-00 are having alignment issues and rubbing issues when you do an integra rear disc on them (havent found SI to test this theory yet). But what you could do if you never had problems with your drums is swap out the trailing arms for the drum trailing arm. Very easy to do except you need a T50 torque socket and 24mm socket to get the hub off.
Old 05-07-2008, 07:03 PM

my 95 was the same way on the drivers front side. The previous owner rammed it head on into a curb and knocked the entire frame off base. I dunno the history of ur car but it looks and sound like the same deal, judging by the pic that shows the tire set further forward then the other side. Mine cost about $400+ to get fixed on a laser alignment rack. Theres really no other way to go in my opinion, the chances or u or a reg shop getting to factory specs is slim to none.
Old 05-07-2008, 07:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Go a find yourself one that wrecked in the front and peice together a good civic lol
Old 05-07-2008, 07:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

it is a 93 civic dx...and i will look foward to that treailing arm see what i can do

and as for the laser alignment rack, is that somthing that aligns ur whole chassis?

i also like the idea of getting a new shell and skipp all the work i would have to do to this one...as like they said...the chassis has pieces welded on to it. does that laser alignment rack get it back to factory specs no doubt? even if parts of the chassis were cut and new pieces welded on to it?
Old 05-08-2008, 07:02 PM

yea a true LASER alignment will set it to factory, however i dont kno how those welded peices would hold up. If they are strong u shouldnt have a problem tho.
Old 05-15-2008, 11:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

im backing out on the EJ2 build. might keep it as daily driver or sell it. but i picked up an EK shell and im planning on building that. For now im taking off my rear disc off the EJ2 and the suspension and putting everything back to how it was before.
Old 05-15-2008, 11:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Disc Conversion Outcome - Wheel Off Center - Help (SinsEvil666)

Man! That sucks! I banged the front of my car into a curb and it had been sitting for a couple years... I better jack it up and make sure my frame isnt going shity like yours. lol
I feel your pain man. Atleast you found out before you were to deep into the car
Old 05-15-2008, 12:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Disc Conversion Outcome - Wheel Off Center - Help (shadhman)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by shadhman &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Man! That sucks! I banged the front of my car into a curb and it had been sitting for a couple years... I better jack it up and make sure my frame isnt going shity like yours. lol
I feel your pain man. Atleast you found out before you were to deep into the car</TD></TR></TABLE>

yea, sucks...well the good thing that all the stuff i have...b20, rear disc conversion, skunk2 suspension if im not wrong will bolt right on to the ek as well. but for the mean time gotta pay off what i borrowed to get that new shell. then the building fun process of the ek begins.
Old 05-15-2008, 12:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (elektronsi)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by elektronsi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">looks like you got some major frame/sub-frame damage, and that rotting **** is pricey work , I'd avside getting yourself a diff shell</TD></TR></TABLE>

Got a 97 Ek shell but will be under construction in garage for quite some time.
Old 05-15-2008, 12:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SinsEvil666 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Got a 97 Ek shell but will be under construction in garage for quite some time.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah, I was going to advise a new shell too, good luck with the new project.
Old 05-15-2008, 12:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

oUch* dude... sorry about your loss but i was considering/recommending you get a shell and go from there.. which you just got a ek shell so kOOl..

been in the automotive industry for a few years now and its not worth putting $$ into something like the one you showed us up there with pictures..
Old 05-15-2008, 12:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

thank you guys for the advise. Lets me know im heading in the right direction.