Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Different Anti-Theft Idea.. for your civic..

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2005, 06:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Different Anti-Theft Idea.. for your civic..

I have been reading threads all night about razor blades, and re routing wires, and relays and tons of crap, but what about a wire on the dizzy hooked up too a switch, i know tow truck ownz all, but i don't think thats gonna happen in my driveway. Is thier a wire on the dizzy u could hook a switch too that would work. i have d16z6. thieves now bring extra ecus, and they are lookin at fuel pumps and relays and just following the bread crumbs of wires to your switch, I was thiknin the best bet would be the positive in the coil.. i posted this in General discussion and just got stupid answers. thanks in advance...
Old 06-22-2005, 06:14 AM
Imperious: Mod of Valor

Default Re: Different Anti-Theft Idea.. for your civic.. (EG1racer)

You could just pull one of the spark plug wires from it, that would work. Although, that would be pretty obvious to theives.

If the switch is hidden well enough, they will not be able to find it.

Look at it this way:

If you relocate your hood latch cable, they open your door and your alarm goes off, they're unable to open your hood because the hood release has been relocated. At this time, they are in your car, with the alarm going off, and they are unable to turn it off.

If for some reason they are able to get it off, they're still left with kill switches, and if you're smart enough, you'll have several.

On top of that, you may even have a removeable steering wheel, an autolock or some device like that.

Than, if they're able to get through all that. You may have missing fuses that you've pulled. If you layet it enough, it will be harder to steal.
Old 06-22-2005, 06:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Different Anti-Theft Idea.. for your civic.. (JDM-EJ1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDM-EJ1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You could just pull one of the spark plug wires from it, that would work. Although, that would be pretty obvious to theives.

If the switch is hidden well enough, they will not be able to find it.

Look at it this way:

If you relocate your hood latch cable, they open your door and your alarm goes off, they're unable to open your hood because the hood release has been relocated. At this time, they are in your car, with the alarm going off, and they are unable to turn it off.

If for some reason they are able to get it off, they're still left with kill switches, and if you're smart enough, you'll have several.

On top of that, you may even have a removeable steering wheel, an autolock or some device like that.

Than, if they're able to get through all that. You may have missing fuses that you've pulled. If you layet it enough, it will be harder to steal.</TD></TR></TABLE>

very nicely put!
Old 06-22-2005, 06:33 AM

Default Re: Different Anti-Theft Idea.. for your civic.. (EeeJayEight)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EeeJayEight &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

very nicely put! </TD></TR></TABLE>

Thanks.

I mean, the bottom line is.. If they want it bad enough, they will take it. It's sad but true, either because they catch you with your guard down, or they'll take it from you at gunpoint.

I see a lot of stolen car threads across Honda-Tech, and a lot of time when they tell what security do they have, majority of the people of little to none.

I rarely see people who get their cars stolen with the security that I listed above.
Old 06-22-2005, 07:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

very good info, i just wanted too do something different, but you're right regardless if they want it bad enough they are going to get it. i'm going to do at least 2 kill switches, and just my clifford alarm and hope for the best...
Old 06-22-2005, 08:55 AM

Default Re: (EG1racer)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EG1racer &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">very good info, i just wanted too do something different, but you're right regardless if they want it bad enough they are going to get it. i'm going to do at least 2 kill switches, and just my clifford alarm and hope for the best...</TD></TR></TABLE>

That's good, but it can be done better.

Get a fuel cut off, starter kill and pull some fuses. Invest in an autolock ($20 from EBay). If you have a manual (this will probably work with an automatic too), you can get a club and put it between the ebrake and the stick to where they can't move the stick into gear.

A wheel boot would be great, along with a removeable steering wheel.

Also, relocating the hood release would be a really good method, because if they can't open your hood, they cannot disable the alarm.
Old 06-22-2005, 09:14 AM

12" sub on your hood where your battery is at. . . and if you have your battery relocated no point.
Old 06-22-2005, 09:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

k now when u say relocate, are u talkin the cable itself, i see most peole run it through thier fender i believe. a fuel cut probly isn't a bad idea eather, i'm gonna read up some more on it, and see if i can pull some DIY tonight. any threads u would recommend for install and parts???