Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Differences on GSR rear shock and Si or CX? (Used Search but answer.)

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2005, 09:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Differences on GSR rear shock and Si or CX? (Used Search but no answer.)

I have a 2000 Civic CX. I am swapping the suspension and motor out of my wrecked O1 ITR. I realize that the rear ITR shocks will not fit due to the rear LCAs. However I plan on using the ITR front strut/springs. I am concerned that my set up will be unbalanced if I use the ITR units up front but only the springs in the rear with the CX shocks.

So would the GSR rear shocks be my next best alternative? I am aware that the lower forks will need to be shimmed with a washer or 2. I have no problem with that. I just want to make sure that the GSR rear damper is worth buying (used) or if there is really any use to buy it if little to no gains will be attained.

(or possibly just using the ITR springs on the CX shocks?!?)

I am also installing an Si front swaybar with LCA's, shockforks and endlinks. ITR rear swaybar with Beaks SFR Kit and Si rear endlinks.

I just want to get as much out of factory parts as possible!

All ideas opinions are welcome.

(First post on H-T.com but browsing for years.)
Old 03-07-2005, 09:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Differences on GSR rear shock and Si or CX? (quicksilverej6)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by quicksilverej6 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">(First post on H-T.com but browsing for years.) </TD></TR></TABLE>

and bump for a good answer... im glad you didn't ask some newbie ******* turbo integra question or soemthing... props to you.
Old 03-08-2005, 08:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Differences on GSR rear shock and Si or CX? (Built B16A)

hrmm... well, no ones made an attempt to give you an answer, so i'll try.

i did some homework, i looked off a parts website (autozone) to see if the struts were the same part number, and for some reason they arn't.

your 2000 CX is a EK chassis... well, they list a different strut for the EK.

the DC 94-2000, EG, and EF chassis all use the same struts.. for some reason the EK's list a different strut.

now, im sure you could use the ITR springs.. however, your spring rates would be alittle stiffer than recomended. Integra's weigh more than your CX... but it should work.

Modified by Built B16A at 2:28 PM 3/8/2005
Old 03-08-2005, 11:46 AM

you should be able to use it. I have EK shocks on my EG. Just had to mess with the bottom forks on the rear shocks to get them to fit my LCA's. The shocks are pretty much the same across the board, just the EK ones are a bit skinnier at the bottom fork i believe. Anyways, try it out, you should be able to get them to work.

Good luck!
Old 03-08-2005, 08:27 PM

Thanks for the help. I have some questions about the ITR springs I'm going to use. I'm getting responces on other sites that say I'm making a mistake using them on the EK. Answer/Reasons range from subframe tear out in conjunction with the swaybar......to.....ITR springs raise the car up an inch. I dont know what to believe. But thank you for your info on the shocks!

-John