Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Did I "F" up my power steering rack????!!!!!..info needed and YES I've searched

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2004, 02:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Did I "F" up my power steering rack????!!!!!..info needed and YES I've searched

I took off my a/c and power steering a while ago (7 or 8 months ago)......I basically just took everything off.... even the lines from the resevoir to the power steering rack. Well, the thing is I just left the holes open and never did anything about it. After doing some research-since I am converting to stock and selling car- I guess looping from one hole to the other was a good idea which I didn't bother doing......Question is, did I mess up my power steering rack to go back to power steering? can i clean the rack somehow? can I just loop it now or is it too late?

ALSO another question....my car tends to tremble when I accelerate through gears, ranging from not as noticeable to very very noticeable. It is very very noticeable in mid-range rpm in 2nd gear. Could it be my tranny? ball joints?
I have swapped motors 4 or 5 times. and changed my tires- since they were bald anyways- with no difference...Basically, what is it? anybody with this experience?
Old 08-24-2004, 10:48 AM

Default Re: Did I "F" up my power steering rack????!!!!!..info needed and YES I've searched (jdm4show)

anybody?
Old 08-24-2004, 10:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Did I "F" up my power steering rack????!!!!!..info needed and YES I've searched (jdm4show)

I doubt you did too much to your rack as long ans you dont have water in there. as far as the vibration it sounds like you have a wheel thats out of balance.
Old 08-24-2004, 10:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jdm4show &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> I guess looping from one hole to the other was a good idea </TD></TR></TABLE>

Yes, it keeps the fluid flowing through the rack.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jdm4show &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Question is, did I mess up my power steering rack to go back to power steering? can i clean the rack somehow? can I just loop it now or is it too late?
</TD></TR></TABLE>

That depends. Put the lines back and try to flush the fluid out. Reinstall everything, and see if it works or not. That's the only thing I can think of without actually removing it to inspect it.

Old 08-24-2004, 11:19 AM

Default Re: Did I "F" up my power steering rack????!!!!!..info needed and YES I've searched (EX_AutoXer)

pretty dumb question but how would i flush it with the lines back on?....

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by monicle &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I doubt you did too much to your rack as long ans you dont have water in there. as far as the vibration it sounds like you have a wheel thats out of balance.</TD></TR></TABLE>

i believe when they put my tires on they balanced the wheels and it still trembled the same as i got out of the shop. could it really be the wheels?, as it only happens through acceleration.......

oh and yes i wash my engine bay once per month so there probably is water in there, maybe, i don't know.....but i do knnow there is crud on top of the holes...
Old 08-24-2004, 11:24 AM

Have your front wheel bearings checked out. They might have to be replaced (machine-pressed).
Old 08-24-2004, 11:46 AM

Default Re: Did I "F" up my power steering rack????!!!!!..info needed and YES I've searched (TallAssFilipino

aite thanks bro

as for the power steering question.....anybody?
Old 08-24-2004, 12:29 PM

Default Re: Did I "F" up my power steering rack????!!!!!..info needed and YES I've searched (TallAssFilipino

I assume this is the guy with the black coupe that I talked to a couple of weeks ago. im the guy in the red shirt with the white evos. you should be able to find a decent power steering rack in the pick-n-pulls around here, though you might have to look around awhile, exs are hard to come by.
Old 08-24-2004, 01:40 PM

aahhh, wussup bro....you guys hit sunrise blvd saturday? yeah....i'm sellin all my stuff by the way....gettin out of racin for awhile....
Old 08-26-2004, 08:15 AM

yeah, almost every friday and saturday. hey man, its my b-day on sat, im trying to get a big cruise going, you should come out. (sorry i am too new to use IM) did you get joes phone #? give him a call if youre goin to be out.