Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Did Honda sell the civic Type-R in the USA or just Japan?

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2007, 07:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Did Honda sell the civic Type-R in the USA or just Japan?

Did Honda sell the Civic Type-R in the USA or just Japan? If they were sold in the USA, anyone know how many were sold in here. If not, does anyone know how many CTRs were sold in Japan?
Old 05-16-2007, 08:00 AM

Default Re: Did Honda sell the civic Type-R in the USA or just Japan? (ShankJDM)

just japan, and i think in europe.
Old 05-16-2007, 08:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

they were limited in europe too
Old 05-16-2007, 08:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Did Honda sell the civic Type-R in the USA or just Japan? (ShankJDM)

What made you think the US sold the CTR here.
Old 05-16-2007, 08:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Did Honda sell the civic Type-R in the USA or just Japan? (kaiba)

I just made my own
Old 05-16-2007, 09:04 AM

Default Re: Did Honda sell the civic Type-R in the USA or just Japan? (6SPD_EK)

i wish we got them here in the US . we always get screwed on the cool stuff
Old 05-16-2007, 09:05 AM

Rumor Mill: USA gets 4 door CTR in 2010.
Old 05-16-2007, 09:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hrm, dunno what the big deal is, I rather have a GSR motor than a CTR - not only is it cheaper but after driving them both even though the CTR is quicker it still lacks in the torque department much like the B16. It gets owned on hills.
Old 05-16-2007, 09:59 AM

Default Re: (Syndacate)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Syndacate &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hrm, dunno what the big deal is, I rather have a GSR motor than a CTR - not only is it cheaper but after driving them both even though the CTR is quicker it still lacks in the torque department much like the B16. It gets owned on hills.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Word. At the end of the day it's still 1.6L and that's not a lot.

Now excuse me while I envy everyone who has a full 0.1 L advantage on me
Old 05-16-2007, 10:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Not here in the US only every other dang place.... Only way to get them here is to import.
Old 05-16-2007, 02:04 PM
H-T White Ops

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Re: Did Honda sell the civic Type-R in the USA or just Japan? (Mr.EM1_EK)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mr.EM1_EK &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">just japan, and i think in europe.</TD></TR></TABLE>
No, not in Europe.
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by crx4life90 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">they were limited in europe too</TD></TR></TABLE>
No.
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Civichatch2k &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Not here in the US only every other dang place.... Only way to get them here is to import. </TD></TR></TABLE>
No. They only came in Japan. The 6th gen Civic Type R was never sold by Honda in any other country. Europe has more of them because it is more popular in Europe to import Japanaese vehicles in than it is to do so in the US.
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dohcek9 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i wish we got them here in the US . we always get screwed on the cool stuff</TD></TR></TABLE>
We did not miss out like other countries. In fact we got "better" Civics as a whole than most other countries. Many other countries had 1.3, 1.4 and 1.5 liter 6th gen Civics while all of ours were 1.6L.

The Si is the same as the European VTi (B16A), only ours came as a coupe instead of a hatch or sedan. Hatches in the US at the time were not usually bought or sold as performance vehicles or sporty cars. People who buy hatches ar most often older people who just want the hatch option to make it easier to load things into the car.
Old 05-16-2007, 02:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ShankJDM &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Did Honda sell the Civic Type-R in the USA or just Japan? If they were sold in the USA, anyone know how many were sold in here. If not, does anyone know how many CTRs were sold in Japan?</TD></TR></TABLE>

this is a joke right?
Old 05-16-2007, 02:14 PM

Default Re: Did Honda sell the civic Type-R in the USA or just Japan? (philosofy1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by philosofy1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

this is a joke right?</TD></TR></TABLE>

sadly i don't think it was meant to be a joke
Old 05-16-2007, 07:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Did Honda sell the civic Type-R in the USA or just Japan? (NOFX)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by NOFX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
No, not in Europe.

No.

No. They only came in Japan. The 6th gen Civic Type R was never sold by Honda in any other country. Europe has more of them because it is more popular in Europe to import Japanaese vehicles in than it is to do so in the US..</TD></TR></TABLE>

Hey man, thanks for the info. I always wondered why Europe had so many.
Old 05-16-2007, 07:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Syndacate)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Syndacate &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hrm, dunno what the big deal is, I rather have a GSR motor than a CTR - not only is it cheaper but after driving them both even though the CTR is quicker it still lacks in the torque department much like the B16. It gets owned on hills.</TD></TR></TABLE>

you live in east bumble you stupid post *****, you haven't driven anything besides your stupid stock coupe.

keep polishing those ebay parts buddy
and watch for the deer

edit: the CTR owns!!!!!!!!!

Modified by highrev1987 at 11:55 PM 5/16/2007
Old 05-16-2007, 07:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (highrev1987)

lol

I saw a video about the CTR's smoking a Type R at the track. No not quarter mile but road course.

Just like I seen a 07 si 4 door smoke the 4 door GSR which is no big surprise but also held its own against an S2000 just for fun.

Youtube baby.
Old 05-16-2007, 08:28 PM

Default Re: Did Honda sell the civic Type-R in the USA or just Japan? (Civichatch2k)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by NOFX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

No. They only came in Japan. The 6th gen Civic Type R was never sold by Honda in any other country. Europe has more of them because it is more popular in Europe to import Japanaese vehicles in than it is to do so in the US.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

This, strictly speaking, isn't quite right. The EK CTR was imported to Britain by Honda UK because JDM and UKDM are right hand drive. The 7th Gen CTR that the UK got was actually different slightly than it's JDM counterpart, and was built in the UK domestically. The newest one is suppose to be pretty terrible by comparison to previous gens, most magazines both here and there say our current Si is pretty close in capability. Supposedly there may be a Civic Type RR in the future (yes, two R's) that is using Honda motorcycle naming to be SUPAHARDCORE
Old 05-16-2007, 08:36 PM
H-T White Ops

Default Re: Did Honda sell the civic Type-R in the USA or just Japan? (JMelt4)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JMelt4 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">This, strictly speaking, isn't quite right. The EK CTR was imported to Britain by Honda UK because JDM and UKDM are right hand drive. The 7th Gen CTR that the UK got was actually different slightly than it's JDM counterpart, and was built in the UK domestically. The newest one is suppose to be pretty terrible by comparison to previous gens, most magazines both here and there say our current Si is pretty close in capability. Supposedly there may be a Civic Type RR in the future (yes, two R's) that is using Honda motorcycle naming to be SUPAHARDCORE</TD></TR></TABLE>
I have friends in Europe that insist there is no EDM or UKDM CTR for the 6th gen from Honda. These friends have other friends with CTRs imported from Japan.

I was under the impression that there were some UKDM CTRs, but my friends who actually live there corrected that thought.

The idea that a car would be imported to another market strictly becase of the side the steering wheel is on is doubtful at best.
Old 05-16-2007, 08:43 PM
Ek Forever y0!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: Did Honda sell the civic Type-R in the USA or just Japan? (NOFX)

Yep, it's comfirmed, cousins in Norway say No way to CTR in europe.

They're there, but they were imported in and are few and far between.
Old 05-16-2007, 08:46 PM
H-T White Ops

I should also mention that the EDM Honda EPC has no mention of any Civic Type R. There are VTis (or as one country calls some, the VTi-R), but not CTR.
Old 05-16-2007, 09:20 PM

Default Re: (NOFX)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Autoblog &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Pricing has yet to be announced for the Type-R, but we do know it will be built alongside all the Euro Civics at the company's plant in Swindon and go on sale next March in the UK.</TD></TR></TABLE>
The U.K builds CTRs! http://www.autoblog.com/2006/0...rope/
Old 05-16-2007, 09:23 PM
H-T White Ops

Default Re: (JMelt4)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JMelt4 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
The U.K builds CTRs! http://www.autoblog.com/2006/0...rope/ </TD></TR></TABLE>
Stop.

We're talking about 5th and 6th gens in the 5th and 6th gen forum. Seeing as there was no 5th gen Type R.... we're talking about the 6th gen Type R, which WAS NOT sold in any country besides Japan.

We know about the 8th gen Type R. We know about the 7th gen Type R (which was also built exclusively in Europe). This is not regarding the late generations though. We are talking about the 97-00 Type Rs.
Old 05-16-2007, 09:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (NOFX)

Stop.

We're talking about 5th and 6th gens in the 5th and 6th gen forum. Seeing as there was no 5th gen Type R.... we're talking about the 6th gen Type R, which WAS NOT sold in any country besides Japan.

We know about the 8th gen Type R. We know about the 7th gen Type R (which was also built exclusively in Europe). This is not regarding the late generations though. We are talking about the 97-00 Type Rs.</TD></TR></TABLE>

97-00 type Rs

whats Rs stand for, jk kidding dude
Old 05-18-2007, 03:23 AM

Default Re: Did Honda sell the civic Type-R in the USA or just Japan? (philosofy1)

Sorry we're not all experts like you philosofy1 & Spicylikcajun, but no it was not a joke. I guess it was ridicioulous to think they might have sold the CTR here considering they sold the ITR here. I didnt think they actually did, i was just asking to confirm it. You have nothing better to do with you time then to add little "witty" comments like that, haha sad...
Old 05-18-2007, 05:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ShankJDM &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> Sorry we're not all experts like you philosofy1 & Spicylikcajun, but no it was not a joke. I guess it was ridicioulous to think they might have sold the CTR here considering they sold the ITR here. I didnt think they actually did, i was just asking to confirm it. You have nothing better to do with you time then to add little "witty" comments like that, haha sad... </TD></TR></TABLE>

NO! i'm not saying that i'm an expert, but damn son, are that much of a noob! i guess so when you have to make a thread asking if honda ever sold the ctr here.
yeah the itr is here and everyone knows it, there's no denying it, so wouldn't we all have known if the ctr was here, even if it was brought under another trim level.
hell, you did't even think it was here, so why make an *** out of yourself by asking a obvious question. if you "wanted to confirm it" then search the net. you do know we have the net here in the states right? and yes i have better things to do, one of my favorite pass times are eduacting noobs like you!

Quick Reply: Did Honda sell the civic Type-R in the USA or just Japan?