Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

did anybody else have issues with installing the sparco seat floor bracket?

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2002, 05:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default did anybody else have issues with installing the sparco seat floor bracket?

I'm trying to install a sparco milano, and the floor bracket I have for the 93 civic isn't lining up in the back part.

I also have the universal sliders, and those are of no problem at all as well...

the front's line up perfectly, but the rear is utter **** and will not line up. I talked to Shine Street several times and they stated it was for 92-00 civic's, I'm having a hard time believing this.

Installing a damn seat should not be this friggin complicated!

the outer back part i can bend a little bit to line it up, but the rear inner is COMPLETELY off.........wtf is the deal with this?

here are some pictures of it:

Here is the rear outer (by the door)

and here is the rear inner (by the center console).......the hole lining to put a bolt in is about a full inch off

and here is a far away pic of the bracket, as you can see in the rear inner (by the center console) the bracket is completely off and not lining up.

I've been on the phone with both Shine Street in southern cali and Sparco, and they both of aren't much help to get this damn thing mounted in.....never thought a seat installation would take more time to install compared to a regular b16 swap.

has anyone else had this issue??

any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

[Modified by poison, 7:09 PM 12/24/2002]
Old 12-24-2002, 09:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: did anybody else have issues with installing the sparco seat floor bracket? (poison)

wait so you said the universal sliders aren't any problem?? well my friend with sparco brackets had to bolt the frames through the floor itself... holds like no other.. i can see ur not trying to have to do that but.... it doesnt look like it lines up there though.. good luck man..
Old 12-24-2002, 10:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: did anybody else have issues with installing the sparco seat floor bracket? (poison)

damn brandon, whoever told you that it's a universal 92-00 civic bracket is smoking crack. I know this because ITR seats will bolt right into a 92-95 civic, but *NOT* a 96-00 civic. one of the holes in the back doesn't line up right (can't remember if it's inner or outter).

you most likely have 96-00 civic brackets. send them back and get the right ones.
Old 12-24-2002, 10:43 PM

Default Re: did anybody else have issues with installing the sparco seat floor bracket? (YumVTEC)

no brandon you are just a dip-**** who dosent know how to do anything right
Old 12-24-2002, 10:45 PM
New User

Default Re: did anybody else have issues with installing the sparco seat floor bracket? (YumVTEC)

supposely there is no floor mount for the EG. I had the same problem so I end up cutting a slit the size of the hole on the little bracket from hole one to hole two. Not sure if anyone understand what I just said. Basically, making it adjustable so that i can slide the little bracket that won't line up back and force to bolt it down.
Wait until you get to the seat buckle part, you need to be even more creative.
Old 12-25-2002, 12:21 AM
Trial User

Default Re: did anybody else have issues with installing the sparco seat floor bracket? ([Evo]Hybrid)

i would just drill my own holes if i were you. better hold too.
Old 12-25-2002, 06:10 AM

2 words... Tab Kit. call sparco for it... for some reason... not all floor brackets fit into all cars... cause there is a part number for 92 civic then 93+ civic. but i really dont know what the difference is...
Old 12-25-2002, 06:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: did anybody else have issues with installing the sparco seat floor bracket? (dragonhvu)

i have that shitty *** bracket on my car i had to drill holes to make it fit it works well and is strong but it should be made right from the factory because i didnt get payed for my labor

over all its very easy just align everything then drill your holes
Old 12-25-2002, 09:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: did anybody else have issues with installing the sparco seat floor bracket? (one-syk)

Sparco brackets are totally crappy. They are hit and miss when it comes to fitment. They bolted in fine to my 96 hatch as well as my buddy's 04 sedan, but I guess we were just lucky.
Old 12-25-2002, 09:28 AM
B18C-EJ1

Default Re: did anybody else have issues with installing the sparco seat floor bracket? (SW20 MR2)

Yep, I had the same problems. I had to drill my own holes for the inner footing.
Old 12-25-2002, 10:25 PM

Default Re: did anybody else have issues with installing the sparco seat floor bracket? (B18C-EJ1)

ahh damn. thanks alot everyone for the input and the pictures.

i was planning on just drilling holes anyway into the damn bracket.

sparco needs to get their damn measurements right for their own fuggin products.

I'll just beat the hell out of my drill bit and align new holes for it, hopefully not screwing anything up.

Trevor the guys I talked to didn't ahve the slightest clue on the issue. And sparco wasn't much help either.

anyways thanks alot

[Modified by poison, 12:26 AM 12/26/2002]
Old 12-26-2002, 08:13 AM

I had the same problem, I modified one of the holes on the bracket, took the dremmel and inlarged-it a bit, works fine now!!!

Jonathan
Old 12-26-2002, 09:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: did anybody else have issues with installing the sparco seat floor bracket? (civicgsr93)

Naa man, if you have the time just make your own, i made mine in less that 4 or 5 hours for drivers and passenger, i just took the stock eg slider/brackets and removed the silder, (grind a few rivits off and smack it with a mallet). Then i mounted just the stock brackets onto the frame, made some measurements. Then just took some metal peices and made some cross beams by drilling through the stock brackets and fastening them cross beams. drilled the holes for the seat in the cross beams and its perfect, you get the perfect stock mounting from the stock brackets this way. (mine are adjustable also and work fine)

Old 12-26-2002, 10:07 AM

Default Re: did anybody else have issues with installing the sparco seat floor bracket? (Black HB)

looks good, where's the pictures of the rails?

i used the stock civic rails for a while but I wanted the Sparco bracket because it worked with the actual seat i have along with the sparco sliders...

apparently sparco has shitty brackets and needs fabrication in order to fuggin fit it into the car i ordered

Nice seats man
Old 12-26-2002, 01:35 PM

hopefully everyone made it to the bottom of this post to read this...
for some reason the 93-94 civics use different brackets than the 92 and 95. i have a 94 coupe and i got a sparco torino seat for my passenger side and the sparco brackets didnt line up just like in the pictures. i bought the brackets in person from a sparco distributor in new jersey, so i called him and explained the problem to him, he was copmpletely dumbstruck b/c he never heard of this problem b4.... so i asked him for the phone # to sparco north america, called them, and they told me the 93&94 civics use different brackets with completely different part #'s. but since i wasnt a distributor i couldnt order them directly.
so i called the distributor i delt with and he let me bring back the old barckets for a refund(even though i had scratched them alittle trying to get them to fit. and he ordered the new ones, i got them in a few days ond they bolted right in. however, they are side-specific so the passenger side bracket bracket wont fir the driver side and vice-versa
pm me if you need anymore info.
Old 12-26-2002, 01:53 PM
Future Texas Boy

It`s not universal 92-00. Sparco has rails (bracket) for 92-95 AND 96-00. How do I know this? I`ve ordered both. The fronts will match and the outer rear on each side, the inner will not.

Just drill

Ryan
Old 12-26-2002, 03:42 PM

Default Re: did anybody else have issues with installing the sparco seat floor bracket? (vtecvoodoo)

brandon, if you dont have that damn seat in and working by the time i get back. then it better be sold
Old 12-26-2002, 06:33 PM

Default Re: did anybody else have issues with installing the sparco seat floor bracket? (euclid)

euclid - that's some strange stuff. i'll have to give them a call. I'm just thinking Shine Street sent the wrong part....o well. I'm abusing the **** out of my drill bit to get a damn hole thru

thanks ryan for the input

and bryant - shut yo mouth, i'm workin on it
Old 12-27-2002, 03:52 PM

well work harder damnit. And help find a buyer for my rims too
Old 12-27-2002, 10:02 PM

i had the same problem too last week - i just bent the 2 peices that go on the rear that mounts the rails to the frame of the car - that **** took my bro, my friend, and myself 3 hours to install a seat cuz the rails wouldnt fit properly (and i waited a month fo the rails to come in from sparco)... i also have a question of my own i dont know if we installed it properly or wat, but the sliders have a hard time sliding back and forth which makes it very hard to adjust the seat fo different drivers
Old 12-28-2002, 12:48 PM

Default Re: did anybody else have issues with installing the sparco seat floor bracket? (nongk)

i also have a question of my own i dont know if we installed it properly or wat, but the sliders have a hard time sliding back and forth which makes it very hard to adjust the seat fo different drivers [/QUOTE]

that prob just means that the rails arent perfectly parallel to each other just loosen the bolts to the rails while the seat is bolted in the car and get it to slid freely... then tighten them up again. i went through the same ****, just play with the position of it alittle.
Old 12-29-2002, 02:26 PM

Default Re: did anybody else have issues with installing the sparco seat floor bracket? (CR-X)

well work harder damnit. And help find a buyer for my rims too
she's mounted

i have 2 blts i the front and the rear bracket pieces are bolted as well as the 4 pt harness....

i still have to drill the holes so the seat is fully bolted in. i'll drill them next week at a friend's machine shop
Old 12-29-2002, 03:15 PM
jg
Honda-Tech Member

I had the same problem with the Sparco base for my '94. I also didn't like how high and upright the seat was with the base and sliders mocked up in place. I ended up cutting off the tabs in the back part of the base, selling the sliders, and making my own tabs then welded them to the Sparco part. I got the seat angle, height, and distance to the pedals perfect for me and my arm/leg length.
Old 12-29-2002, 05:06 PM

Default Re: did anybody else have issues with installing the sparco seat floor bracket? (jg)

ya, with the sliders, it feels a lil too high, i might mod it a lil after a while, still getting used to it though