Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Delsol W/S2000 front?????

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2005, 11:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Delsol W/S2000 front?????

O k I did about a million srchs on this. I keep gettin one or the other.
What I wanna know is can you put a s2000 front on a 95 delsol?
If so let me know what i would need to do? Or who to see about duin this?
Thanks a mill.
O does any one want used Del sol parts. from a95?
Old 10-26-2005, 11:42 AM

Default Re: Delsol W/S2000 front????? (Li-tunner)

pretty much the same as any conversion. hood, fenders, lights, bumper, grille, and radiator support. will probably require modifying the fender at the door.
Old 10-26-2005, 11:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i say go with it, eventhou your semi-stealing my idea cuz im gettin a s2k engine and driveshaft and throwing it in the del sol... you got rims or hubs on the sol?
Old 10-26-2005, 11:46 AM

Default Re: (IknowYou)

I got hubs
Old 10-26-2005, 11:46 AM

go for it that would look sick, find sombody who will help you do the work tho cause getting it done would be costly
Old 10-26-2005, 11:53 AM

good luck w/the build. I am gonna put a lsvtec in it.
Old 10-26-2005, 11:56 AM

Default Re: Delsol W/S2000 front????? (gftgrill)

I thought about that. The only thing is i have no of duin the fab work.
The boltin right on part is easy. I think I need help this one.
Old 10-26-2005, 12:02 PM

yeah well this isn't a easy one. i have done several 94 tegy fronts on civics and del sols but s2k is a little different. I haven been around a s2k in a lil while but i am not sure if they are even around the same size.
I am sure it has been done... but if theyare the right size heres what you have to do...

-Remove all the old parts but keep the fenders in best of conditoin possible.
-Remove the old rad support
-Fit the hood (very important step to make everyting line up straight)
-Weld in the S2k Support (making sure the hood latches and shuts nice and level. ALso put the bumper on with out bolting it up so you can tell if it where you want it to sit when finished. and that the hood comes to the bumper correctly.)
-ONce the rad is fully welded in, bolt the bumper on and fit the lights in to place.
-Now comes the tricky hardest part... The fenders. Using the rear of the del sol fenders cut the s2k and del sol ones at the same place near the rear of the fenders. put them on the car to make sure the lenth and fitment will be good. cutt oneof the fenders (del sol preffeably) then marking a line for the other one first helps alot. then once you get two good clean cuts, put them on the car to make sure that they line up with the bump/lights/ hood and the door correctly. ONce this is done weld them together.. grind, fill, bolt on.
-Paint
-And last but not least drive around so poeple stare and wonder what the car is.

that simple (kinda) this takes fab skills!! and custom knowledge.
Here is the del sol i did (took me two days, cuz i was lazy):

Thats the nite we finished it at about 12:00am. Flat black primer and all. (Oh the hood is not shut in that pic cuz we were washing the engine bay)
SAME here
and a shot from the photo shoot.
Local car meet
And my 91 civic i did.

Sorry not excalty s2k but i hope this gives you a feel of whats instore to come with the project.

Old 10-26-2005, 12:04 PM

Default Re: Delsol W/S2000 front????? (Li-tunner)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Li-tunner &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I thought about that. The only thing is i have no of duin the fab work.
The boltin right on part is easy. I think I need help this one. </TD></TR></TABLE>

i know with the tegy swap there was no bolt on parts each have to be custom done.
I dunno about the s2k swap but i bet you its the same... all custom done. no bolt ups. where you from? maybe i can do it for you for cheap or something.
Old 10-26-2005, 12:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Delsol W/S2000 front????? (xCIVICx)

holy **** dwelling butt monkey!!!! please for the love of honda's leave the body conversions alone.
Old 10-26-2005, 12:12 PM

Default Re: (xCIVICx)

Thanks a lot man. I know i am in for a long build. But I will use what u told me and push.

I think the work you did was Phat. The deltegra looks clean from what I can see. you should paint it. and put some clear on it so it can shine.
you should look out for me cause when I am dun I will post the pics.
I don't know when but I will Let all ya see.
Old 10-26-2005, 12:15 PM

Default Re: (Li-tunner)

I live in Long island NY
What about you?
Old 10-26-2005, 12:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Li-tunner &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> Build your car for you, not to get the approval of a bunch of people on a message board that you dont know!</TD></TR></TABLE>

why dont you stand by your words
Old 10-26-2005, 12:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (dewoine)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dewoine &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

why dont you stand by your words </TD></TR></TABLE>

hahaha

Old 10-26-2005, 12:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (-Gambit-)

jk .....but anyways some conversions look good but some i would leave alone. i like the conversions inside the honda family, but not the civic's with bmw and lexus fronts
Old 10-26-2005, 12:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i just say leave it alone because i havent seen any conversion that looked good in person, they never fit right. I seen alot that look good in pics till you see it in person and nothin fits.
Old 10-26-2005, 12:22 PM

i'm in VT for awhile as of now.
We were gonna paint the del sol, but his engine having about 200k miles on it blew up on the way to jersey for a car show. And when they got it towed home the tow truck driver ended up ripping the front end apart.

i was kinda pissed cuz we actually extended out the front end by at least 3 inches so when we did the LS turbo swap we could have a **** load of room plus have room for a nice 60 trim turbo!

also it helps to have the whole car you using parts from. As in the deltegi swap, we had a full 94 integra. Took what we wanted (full front end, and motor, tranny ect.) and parted/ junked the rest. helps alot!
Old 10-26-2005, 12:22 PM
Unceasing Measure

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Gayest topic ever. No tech and wrong forum. Front-end conversions when you have a stock motor, suspension and wheels: nooby, gay ricer bullshit.
Old 10-26-2005, 12:24 PM

Default Re: (-Gambit-)

yeah we were afriad of fitment on the del sol. my car i could care less. but believe it or not everything lined up wicked nice. no door gaps, no fender and hood gaps, and hood and bumper gaps. only gap there was, was near the rear of one fender the hood stuck up cuz he didn't bolt the hood down tight enought on that side. mainly cuz the bolts had to squeeze in.
Old 10-26-2005, 12:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Archidictus)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Archidictus &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Gayest topic ever. No tech and wrong forum. Front-end conversions when you have a stock motor, suspension and wheels: nooby, gay ricer bullshit.</TD></TR></TABLE>

wtf yeah your right it is the wrong forum but damn not everybody drives a honda for motor swaps and suspension upgrades and that what alot of people on h-t has forgotin
yeah it might be better if this gets moved to another section before the usual "i hate ricer" posts start

but on a side note that deltegra looks good coming along
Old 10-26-2005, 01:00 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dewoine &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

wtf yeah your right it is the wrong forum but damn not everybody drives a honda for motor swaps and suspension upgrades and that what alot of people on h-t has forgotin
yeah it might be better if this gets moved to another section before the usual "i hate ricer" posts start

but on a side note that deltegra looks good coming along </TD></TR></TABLE>

TRU
and thanks!

and i don't understand how a converison like that is rice. theres no kit. OH it has a type r lip or something? would that make it to rice?
and we were gonna drop a Fully Built Ls Motor and a turbo on it. but then the d16 blew up and the body got destoried.
Old 10-31-2005, 04:58 PM

Default Re: (xCIVICx)

I know it's been done before, I have seen it. I tried to google it, but no results. Come to think of it, I know I've seen S2K taillight conversions on Del Sols, but not headlight. Both would fit, but you'd have to find a custom shop to do. Good luck with that bro!
Old 10-31-2005, 10:17 PM

Default Re: (1SiKTeG)

here's a first attempt at Photochopping. this was done 2 years ago so yeah it's not that great...BUT...gives a vague point of reference....

Old 11-01-2005, 03:49 AM

Default Re: (Ace0246)

the money you would spend on this conversion, i'd spend on the motor. worry about the looks last. My 2 cents
Old 11-01-2005, 03:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (703_Sleeper)

but thats the deal not everybody cares about the motor in a civic as long as it runs good

i like performance a lil but not the next guy. plus its a honda it will last regardless

ps. this post was not to **** off honda performance enthusiast

Modified by dewoine at 7:17 AM 11/1/2005

Modified by dewoine at 7:18 AM 11/1/2005

Quick Reply: Delsol W/S2000 front?????