Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

DELSOL TOKICO SHOCKS .................PLZ HELP

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2008, 10:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DELSOL TOKICO SHOCKS .................PLZ HELP

Hey i bought a set of tokico gas shocks from a dude that had it on his delsol. I bought it for my 95 civic hatch. When i was putting the front tokico shocks into the fork it sits in, they seemed much smaller in diameter. I tightened it all the way but it still was wabbly.
The stock civic one is larger then delsol?

Does anybody know?

PLEASE HELP THANX
Old 11-04-2008, 11:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: DELSOL TOKICO SHOCKS .................PLZ HELP (danielblushtein)

The Civic and Del Sol use the same struts.
Old 11-04-2008, 11:41 AM
Former Moderator

Received 54 Likes on 29 Posts
Default Re: DELSOL TOKICO SHOCKS .................PLZ HELP (danielblushtein)

If the shocks were originally for a Del Sol then they should be a 100% bolt on process as they are the same exact dimensions as 92-95 Civic shocks.

This doesn't mean that the shocks you have are actually Del Sol/92-95 Civic shocks. They could be something else either with ghetto rigged lower forks or just the wrong lower forks.

Oh and before you post literally SIX more topics of the same subject please understand that for each new topic you create about struts/shocks I'll deduct 2% from your user rating. I literally deleted 6 topics of yours about the exact same thing.

I notice you also posted this same topic in the ITR and Integra forums - why? I'd delete those too if I was a moderator in those forums...
Old 11-04-2008, 12:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: DELSOL TOKICO SHOCKS .................PLZ HELP (B18C5-EH2)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by B18C5-EH2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">If the shocks were originally for a Del Sol then they should be a 100% bolt on process as they are the same exact dimensions as 92-95 Civic shocks.

This doesn't mean that the shocks you have are actually Del Sol/92-95 Civic shocks. They could be something else either with ghetto rigged lower forks or just the wrong lower forks.

Oh and before you post literally SIX more topics of the same subject please understand that for each new topic you create about struts/shocks I'll deduct 2% from your user rating. I literally deleted 6 topics of yours about the exact same thing.

I notice you also posted this same topic in the ITR and Integra forums - why? I'd delete those too if I was a moderator in those forums...</TD></TR></TABLE>

yea dude my bad the thing is that I posted one up last night and I went to my recent topics and it was not there nor was it in the honda civic area. I posted like 5 or 6 times and I could not see my post so I dont know but THANKS for telling me
Old 11-04-2008, 12:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: DELSOL TOKICO SHOCKS .................PLZ HELP (BlueIntegraBoy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BlueIntegraBoy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The Civic and Del Sol use the same struts.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I dont know but the front shocks lower part were it sits in the fork was like 3mm smaller then the civic stock one IDK