Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

DelSol suspension question

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2018, 05:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DelSol suspension question

I have read the faq's but wanted to ask a more specific question.
I have a 94 del sol S, my trailing arms were toast due to rust and I upgraded to 97 integra trailing arms.
I am new to working on my cars and just wanted to keep the transition simple as possible.

What brake setup would be the easiest in the rear with the integra trailing arm? I don't think I can just put drum breaks back on because it is a disc break setup on the integra. Can I just put the rotor and caliper setup from another civic? What year? I would like to keep the m/c and all the lines stock del sol if possible.. Though I will probably be replacing them all in the rebuild. I am not interested in any big break build.. My motor is del slo
Old 03-06-2018, 02:42 PM
talks to himself

Received 78 Likes on 65 Posts
Default Re: DelSol suspension question

Originally Posted by Redbarn
What brake setup would be the easiest in the rear with the integra trailing arm?
​​​​
Civic/Integra Disc Brakes. The trailing arms didn't come with calipers and rotors?
Can I just put the rotor and caliper setup from another civic? What year?
The FAQs indicate rotor sizes for various cars. There's plenty of cross compatibility.
I would like to keep the m/c and all the lines stock del sol if possible.
The stock m/c might make the pedal feel hard. I'm not going to rehash the prop. valve discussions. Make your own decision on that. I'm 99% sure you'll need to change the flex lines to accommodate the brake calipers. The banjo fitting at the end is different. You don't need to change hard lines if you're keeping the MC and PV. Check the FAQs. ​​​
I have read the faq's but wanted to ask a more specific question.
Check 'em again. If the Integra RTAs came with rotors and calipers, buy integra flex lines and see how the MC/PV feel with the discs in the rear.

I swapped the MC and PV on mine when I did the conversion but I also swapped large front brakes.
Old 03-06-2018, 03:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: DelSol suspension question

First off thanks for the reply.
Due to weight I had just ordered the arms (without rotors or calipers) and had them shipped out east from Oregon to avoid rust issues I have here with part foraging in NH.
I will have to look through the faq's again for info. I was hoping I could just put drums on this integra control arm since there isn't any hardware on it.. Just the part with the four bolts, that rotates.. Errr I'm not sure what its called..hub?...
I am rebuilding the entire suspension and brake setup due to rust. The rear end suspension and brakes are my first attempt at wrenching other than oil changes. So I appreciate the response.