Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Delaware, and others states inspection laws...(amber reflector)

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2007, 05:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Delaware, and others states inspection laws...(amber reflector)

Howdy, went to have my vehicle inspected today, everything passed besides my headlights. I have a 4dr. ej6 with the jdm blackhousing headlights. The dude inspecting my car said i need amber reflector lights to pass inspection. My question is, if i bought an amber colored corner lense/turn signal bulb, and removed my clear bulbs would i pass inspection, because it would put off more of an amber color? Or would i have to throw in a set of oem headlights? Much appreciated!!
Old 05-18-2007, 05:55 PM

Default Re: Delaware, and others states inspection laws...(amber reflector) (d16lxciv)

just throw your stock lights back in. after you pass take em back out.
Old 05-18-2007, 06:24 PM

Default Re: Delaware, and others states inspection laws...(amber reflector) (d16lxciv)

Get a set of the small cheap stick on reflectors from the parts store.
Old 05-18-2007, 06:41 PM

have some one make a fack sticker made for you or move to fla there is no inspections here
Old 05-18-2007, 07:56 PM
H-T White Ops

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Re: Delaware, and others states inspection laws...(amber reflector) (93baggedcivic)

Just put your stock lights back on. No questions asked. Putting stickers on I'd be afraid they might turn it down again.

If they said you need amber reflectors, you need amber reflectors, not just amber lighting.

Worse comes to worst, trade your lights with a friend for a day. Stock, legal lights should be something you keep at home anyway though. It just makes things easier like this. I'd even suggest going back to a clean set of OEM USDM lights. I have some and they look great because they're not frosted on top like so many are.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 93baggedcivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">have some one make a fack sticker made for you or move to fla there is no inspections here</TD></TR></TABLE>
Delaware doesn't have inspection stickers.

Also, wanting headilghts without amber reflectors woudln't make me move to Florida.

And Delaware inspection is really easy to pass. Brakes have to work... lighting all has to work, proper reflectors, no illegal tint, no illegal lighting (such as underglow), etc. There is no sniff test and they don't pop the hood. It's incredibly easy. They don't even require a front plate like most states.
Old 05-18-2007, 07:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Delaware, and others states inspection laws...(amber reflector) (NOFX)

I would just throw in the stock headlights if you still have them, then change them out once you pass.

by the way, Florida FTW! I love no inspection/emissions!
Old 05-18-2007, 07:59 PM
H-T White Ops

Default Re: Delaware, and others states inspection laws...(amber reflector) (kaluwa3)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by kaluwa3 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I would just throw in the stock headlights if you still have them, then change them out once you pass.

by the way, Florida FTW! I love no inspection/emissions!</TD></TR></TABLE>
Delaware has much lower crime, very little car theft (mostly happens up north) and getting a hurricane there means it's just going to rain.
Old 05-18-2007, 07:59 PM

Default Re: Delaware, and others states inspection laws...(amber reflector) (NOFX)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by NOFX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Just put your stock lights back on. No questions asked. Putting stickers on I'd be afraid they might turn it down again.

Worse comes to worst, trade your lights with a friend for a day. Stock, legal lights shoudl be something you keep at home anyway though. It just makes things easier like this. I'd even suggest going back to a clean set of OEM USDM lights. I have some and they look great because they're not frosted on top like so many are.

Delaware doesn't have inspection stickers.

Also, wanting headilghts without amber reflectors woudln't make me move to Florida.

And Delaware inspection is really easy to pass. Brakes have to work... lighting all has to work, proper reflectors, no illegal tint, no illegal lighting (such as underglow), etc. There is no sniff test and they don't pop the hood. It's incredibly easy. They don't even require a front plate like most states.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Georgia is cake man, if it will pass emission, your set. Doesnt matter wont engine it has either.
Old 05-18-2007, 08:02 PM
H-T White Ops

Default Re: Delaware, and others states inspection laws...(amber reflector) (iceman7329)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by iceman7329 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Georgia is cake man, if it will pass emission, your set. Doesnt matter wont engine it has either.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Delaware doesn't have emissions at all. It's all visual besides brakes.
Old 05-18-2007, 08:04 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by NOFX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Delaware doesn't have emissions at all. It's all visual besides brakes.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Hell you dont even need brakes around here. If you know what your doing you can make any care pass haha
Old 05-18-2007, 08:17 PM
H-T White Ops

Default Re: Delaware, and others states inspection laws...(amber reflector) (iceman7329)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by iceman7329 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hell you dont even need brakes around here. If you know what your doing you can make any care pass haha</TD></TR></TABLE>
And the OP doesn't live anywhere near Florida or Georgia, so unfortunately that means little to nothing for him.

Good thing being in Delaware means his car has close to a 0% chance of being stolen.
Old 05-18-2007, 08:19 PM
Ek Forever y0!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I have never taken my car in for emissions/inspection.

I'm about an hour from Atlanta.

Small college town, only about a .01% chance of my ish getting stoled. (Mis-spelling intended)
Old 05-18-2007, 08:39 PM

Default Re: Delaware, and others states inspection laws...(amber reflector) (ek forever guy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ek forever guy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I have never taken my car in for emissions/inspection.

I'm about an hour from Atlanta.

Small college town, only about a .01% chance of my ish getting stoled. (Mis-spelling intended)</TD></TR></TABLE>

Ive got a 99% chance of my **** gettin stolen around here. Its sad, this used to be a really nice area....thats all Ill say about that.
Old 05-19-2007, 10:17 PM

thanks guys, i don't have the stock headlights b/c the brackets were broken when i bought the car. And i did talk to a friend of mine who has an ej8 and i will either borrow his headlights for a day or i am kind of curious to see how those amber stick on reflectors work. Thanks for all replies