Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Del Sol Wheel Size and Speedometer Calibration?

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2015, 01:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Del Sol Wheel Size and Speedometer Calibration?

Hey guys, I am the proud owner of a 1994 Honda del Sol S. I am currently unsure what wheels I am running (I plan to measure this weekend, I just bought it within the past month), and I am looking to purchase new ones.

My question is how to correctly calibrate the new speed on the speedometer if I decide to upgrade to 15" or 14" (I am predicting I am running 13"). Any experience with this? I would prefer not to pay someone, for I think I could do it myself.

Also, any recommendations for wheels? The car is black and I wanted black or alloy wheels (Similar to the BBS Rs wheels or hole style wheels) but I am tight on a budget for I am only 18...

Thanks!
Old 03-02-2015, 01:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Re: Del Sol Wheel Size and Speedometer Calibration?

Originally Posted by ChrisFred96
Hey guys, I am the proud owner of a 1994 Honda del Sol S. I am currently unsure what wheels I am running (I plan to measure this weekend, I just bought it within the past month), and I am looking to purchase new ones.

My question is how to correctly calibrate the new speed on the speedometer if I decide to upgrade to 15" or 14" (I am predicting I am running 13"). Any experience with this? I would prefer not to pay someone, for I think I could do it myself.

Also, any recommendations for wheels? The car is black and I wanted black or alloy wheels (Similar to the BBS Rs wheels or hole style wheels) but I am tight on a budget for I am only 18...

Thanks!
Hello fellow S owner, I have 14" wheels and my speedo is off atleast by 5 mph, on the traffic speed meter. I will be doing 40 (on my speedo)in 3rd gear, and the meter says I'm doing 34 lol.

I wouldn't recommend doing the whole hellaflush, stanced thing. Just give it a good drop and since it's black I'd get some del sol si wheels and paint them black to match. I seen this in person and gotta say it's clean. But it's all up to you.

Hole style wheels? Like steelie style? It all depends on what you like. I wouldn't go higher than 14s.

If you want to know the size of your wheels it should printed on the tire.
Also you should have posted this in cosmetic and appearance.
Old 03-02-2015, 01:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by White_EG1
Hello fellow S owner, I have 14" wheels and my speedo is off atleast by 5 mph, on the traffic speed meter. I will be doing 40 (on my speedo)in 3rd gear, and the meter says I'm doing 34 lol.

I wouldn't recommend doing the whole hellaflush, stanced thing. Just give it a good drop and since it's black I'd get some del sol si wheels and paint them black to match. I seen this in person and gotta say it's clean. But it's all up to you.

Hole style wheels? Like steelie style? It all depends on what you like. I wouldn't go higher than 14s.

If you want to know the size of your wheels it should printed on the tire.
Also you should have posted this in cosmetic and appearance.
Thank you very much for the feedback! I am considering painting my current wheels black and getting Honda center caps.

I don't feel the need to drop the vehicle, I kind of enjoy stock height. It gives me (and possibly a future owner if I ever give up my sol) an option to do what they want with it.

Sorry for posting this in the del Sol forum. Thanks!
Old 03-02-2015, 02:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

No problem, if you ever need help or a question just PM me.

It's not that you posted in the del sol forum, it's that this subject is cosmetic, this is tech, diagnostics, engine trouble shooting etc.