Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Del sol Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2006, 03:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Del sol Turbo

*Tried a seach and couldnt find anything I needed.*

My friend just dropped a turbo on his 93 delsol. (I know its kinda pointless, but whatever.) The question I have is where should he hook up the oil line for the turbo? The motor is a D15 that came stock in the 1993 Delsol S. Thanks for the help.
Old 12-19-2006, 04:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Del sol Turbo (smileycvc)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by smileycvc &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">*Tried a seach and couldnt find anything I needed.*

My friend just dropped a turbo on his 93 delsol. (I know its kinda pointless, but whatever.) The question I have is where should he hook up the oil line for the turbo? The motor is a D15 that came stock in the 1993 Delsol S. Thanks for the help.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Iono much about turbo setups so I'm not sure if that's the oil feed line or the oil return line, pretty sure the return line goes to the pan, though I don't know enough to tell you anything definite.

Reason why I'm posting though is to simply make a statement on yours regarding "I know its kinda pointless, but whatever." - Turbo is the only way to make a 4cyl fast, cheaply. You'd be surprised what kind of Honda motors are putting out 2, 3, 400 whp on a turbo build.

It costs a lot more to build it w/o one. Not to mention if you go easy on it w/ light boost you'll get better gas mileage.

Not as useless as one might think is all I'm saying.
Old 12-19-2006, 04:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: Del sol Turbo (Syndacate)

Take off the oil pressure sensor and use that. If you guys cant figure that out then take it to a shop.
Old 12-19-2006, 04:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Del sol Turbo (Syndacate)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Syndacate &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Iono much about turbo setups so I'm not sure if that's the oil feed line or the oil return line, pretty sure the return line goes to the pan, though I don't know enough to tell you anything definite.

Reason why I'm posting though is to simply make a statement on yours regarding "I know its kinda pointless, but whatever." - Turbo is the only way to make a 4cyl fast, cheaply. You'd be surprised what kind of Honda motors are putting out 2, 3, 400 whp on a turbo build.

It costs a lot more to build it w/o one. Not to mention if you go easy on it w/ light boost you'll get better gas mileage.

Not as useless as one might think is all I'm saying.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I wasnt knocking turboed D's, however its a bone stock D15 its not gonna make that much power without blowing up. I myself am an all motor guy (check out my all motor thread), but I do know the potential of a turboed honda.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Luserkid &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Take off the oil pressure sensor and use that. If you guys cant figure that out then take it to a shop. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Thats what I told him and it is for the oil feed line. He said he cant find the oil pressure sensor. I havent even looked at it or researched it yet. isnt it to the left of the oil filter if you looking at the back of the motor?