Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Del Sol Swap Question

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2005, 08:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Del Sol Swap Question

ok, im going to swap an engine into my sol, i have test drove a h22a 97' model...and quite frankly it sucked...it has a pause before the vtec kicks in.....would the b18c5 type-r be better...i want to get at least 300 to 400 wheel horse power....so which engine would be best for this ...also i would like to put a turbo on which ever engine i get ...i would like some honest suggestions..not hypothetical bull...........thanks guys
Old 06-18-2005, 08:47 PM

Default Re: Del Sol Swap Question (blackwasol)

i have seen people make 400whp on a d16z6 SOHC, really it doesn't matter the setup, the b18 will be easier to achieve those goals, but prolly more expensive

and im gonna be the first to tell you to search and read the rules, because if you did read the rules you would know that this type of post isn't allowed here
Old 06-18-2005, 08:59 PM

Default Re: Del Sol Swap Question (civiccpedx)

um....isnt a forum designed to help each other...
Old 06-18-2005, 09:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Del Sol Swap Question (blackwasol)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by blackwasol &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ok, im going to swap an engine into my sol, i have test drove a h22a 97' model...and quite frankly it sucked...it has a pause before the vtec kicks in.....would the b18c5 type-r be better...i want to get at least 300 to 400 wheel horse power....so which engine would be best for this ...also i would like to put a turbo on which ever engine i get ...i would like some honest suggestions..not hypothetical bull...........thanks guys</TD></TR></TABLE>

This thread should help you out a lot: https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=878010

To help give you an honest suggestion, let me ask you this... Do you plan on keeping the car streetable/drag or is it gonna be a drag race car only ? There are a # of swaps that you can do w/ turbo that can get you this kinda HP, but it boils down to practicallity, ie, funds available, time, etc... easiest would be a B series swap w/turbo as its commonly practiced here on H-T.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by blackwasol &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">um....isnt a forum designed to help each other...</TD></TR></TABLE>

We try our best
Old 06-19-2005, 01:16 AM

Default Re: Del Sol Swap Question (DELSOLEMITE)

it will be street red light to red light....and plently of funds....
Old 06-19-2005, 06:19 AM

Default Re: Del Sol Swap Question (civiccpedx)

Hes saying that because your not sapossed to post general engine questions. Which engine is better? What should I do ect. Theres entire threads dedicated to that end already and a lot of other topics and we dont like seeing the same thing being asked everyday because people are to lazy to search thats all.

Its just the way it is around here, If I would have seen this post first I would of said the same thing but dont take it to personally he gave you some good info too so he wasent being an *** about it either.

but just to quote the rules this is what we were refering to:
1.A. Posting of topics relating to engine swaps in '92-00 Civic / Del Sol is not allowed. We have an entire forum dedicated to engine swapping, as well as a sticky topic dealing with the subject.

And:
1.C. Posting general modification threads in '92-00 Civic / Del Sol is not allowed. This includes threads like “What should I do to my car next?” or “I have $$$ what should I buy?” Please do a search, as there are many threads on the subject that exist in the archives.

But whatever, Enjoy your stay here on H-T