Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

del sol speaker

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2007, 09:07 AM
* B A N N E D *

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default del sol speaker

Hey guys, how do i remove the back speaker cover for my 94 del sol? And what size are the speakers? If this is the wrong forum, mods can move it.. sorry
Old 11-08-2007, 09:17 AM

the middle panel pops off use a flat bar to pull it and then your going to need to remove some screws from the side... youll see them after you pull the middle... and they are 6.5 inch i think. i replaced mine with memphis about 5 months ago... its pretty simple then after you get the screws out the outside panels(with the vent lookin ovals) will pop right off then there is 3 screws in each speaker im pretty sure..( 3 or 4) and youll need to take those out and unclip the speakers and then if you want them to be able to plug in your going to need some connector or you can cut the wires and splice em in.. would be just fine.

there ya go its actually pretty simple.
Old 11-08-2007, 10:00 AM
* B A N N E D *

Default Re: (Bazza)

wow, thanks BAZZA!! you explained that very well!! And made it even simple for me to do LOL.. Thanks! Oh yeah can integra rear speakers fit in my del sol?
Old 11-08-2007, 11:00 AM

Default Re: (PinoyDelSol)

Probably if you search in the Audio/security/video forum you'll find your answer very quickly. They know a lot more about that stuff than most users in this forum .

-Shane
Old 11-08-2007, 11:17 AM

no prob...

it wouldnt be smart to put other car speakers into your del sol... your better off going to a store and buying some decent speakers. theres probly not a big difference in the speakers from your sol to the integra speakers...

but if they are the same size they will fit... you just gotta splice the wires and your good to go.

if theyre different sizes they obviously wont fit right... just check like walmart out... the pioneers from wal mart are a decent speaker (not the best but ok) and they are fairly inexpensive.
Old 11-08-2007, 11:40 AM

IMO, pyramid speakers from JCWhitney.com (yeah, I know). $60 shipped for 6x9's putting out about 200 rms and $35 (I think) shipped for some 6.5's. Had the 6x9's in my Civic when I had them amped and they were sweet. I have the 6.5's in my truck amped and they are all right, but again, I feel they are awesome bang-for-the-buck.

-Shane0
Old 11-08-2007, 12:26 PM
* B A N N E D *

Default Re: (nighttrain33)

So i took it off, and i found no wires or no speaker behind there. Do 94 del sol S come with factory speakers?
Old 11-08-2007, 12:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The rear speakers were a dealer option. There was also a premium sound system that included pioneer tweeters on the door panels.

The wiring is in there. You just have to pull some more panels and reach down behind where the deat belts run. It'll be in there.

<-------Currently has two del sols, has owned another, roommate has another, as well as another friend.
Old 11-08-2007, 01:35 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by PinoyDelSol &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">So i took it off, and i found no wires or no speaker behind there. Do 94 del sol S come with factory speakers?</TD></TR></TABLE>

yo the oval vent looking things on the side have to come off... the speakers are behind that... they are there unless someone took them out... then there should be racks where the speakers screw to... unless someone took those out too.. post some pics of how far you got it apart.. ill help ya from there...

peace out... oh PINOY if you need help gimme a call on my cell 262-305-9448 i can walk ya thru it its really easy man.... and your del sol looks sexy from your avatar...Oh yea and if your lookin to sell it lemme know im lookin to buy another one for a special project. hehe its gonna be sexy.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Bakeoff &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The rear speakers were a dealer option. There was also a premium sound system that included pioneer tweeters on the door panels.

The wiring is in there. You just have to pull some more panels and reach down behind where the deat belts run. It'll be in there.

&lt;-------Currently has two del sols, has owned another, roommate has another, as well as another friend. </TD></TR></TABLE>

haha
&lt;---has owned 8 del sols... i know how to tear it down and put it all back together like the back of my hand i love this car...
Old 11-08-2007, 08:33 PM
* B A N N E D *

Thanks guys! i dont think my car came with it though, because i dont see holes on where the screw goes to hold the back speakers in place. But i appreciate how much you guys are helping me and what not. But i dont think im going to be selling the sol anytime soon LOL.. I love it so far..