Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Del Sol Running Like Crap NEED HELP

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2010, 01:49 PM
No Sales Forums

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Del Sol Running Like Crap NEED HELP

Ok so i just dropped my b18c from my 97 gsr into my 94 del sol dirt track race car. All i had to do was bolt the motor up and plug it in at the fire wall since the plugs were the same. Get everything in and fire it up and it barely stays running. When i rev it up it cuts out like its in safe mode and its running REALLY rich. Its getting spark but idk if its not enough or what bc it isnt burning off all the fuel. I can pull each wire and theres no difference in idle. I then swapped out the engine harness/dizzy for an obd1 gsr harness/dizzy, started it up and still doing the same thing. Tried a new coil, cap and rotor and still no difference. All my grounds are on in the engine bay but is there a ground or a fuse in the car that could be off to make it run like this? Car is completly gutted and stripped so i dont have a gauge cluster to see what codes there are, but cant you take an LED like to the CEL plug and it will flash? Any help is def. needed bc i already missed my first practice this week bc of this and only have til next friday to fix it since that the first race of the season.
Old 03-25-2010, 07:57 PM
No Sales Forums

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Del Sol Running Like Crap NEED HELP

damn....guess you cant get much help on here anyomore.... luckily i figured out what it was on my own, swapped in a pr4 automatic ecu out of a 93 teg i just bought since it was the only ecu i had. Fired right up and ran fine. Called my tuner to see what he thought about my ecu and he said sometimes when you switch them into a different car i guess it could mess the chip or program up??? o well taking the whole car to get retuned t/m