Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

del sol roll cages

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2004, 12:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default del sol roll cages

I've seen a lot of pics on the net and all that, and that's not what im after here... What I'm after is "how to make a legal cage" fit in the sol?

suposedly, it has to hit the rear shock towers.... i don't see this being an option.
is there a rule book? rules? (i'm thinking nhra, not autox)
how can i pull this off, gain safety, and still be legal.

thanks
Old 09-07-2004, 09:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: del sol roll cages (pissedoffsol)

do a search for something like "del sol roll cage". theres a very informative thread on it thats del sol specific with a lot of info i've contributed. i built mine from custom full-scale blueprints and its the best fitting roll cage i've ever seen. and i've looked and looked everywhere.

for mine i used two bends on each side of the main hoop, so that it would run as high as possible to the top of the roof. the rear braces DON"T have to mount to the shock towers, just have to be attached w/in 6"(?) of the top of the main hoop and have at least a 30degree angle w/ the floor. i can take pics of mine if u need an idea of whats involved. i had to cut 2 sections (1 on each side) of the rear window mounting wall in order to meet the rear brace angle requirement. other than that and working to get things done w/in specs, it wasn't that hard at all. and i managed to keep the rear window completely funtional. hit me up on aim. we've talked many times over the years on AIM.

-rob
"betterman4you"

i even have FULL-SCALE blueprints of my roll cage. if u want to see/have/borrow them.