Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

del Sol power window control module - how do you get to it?

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2010, 10:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icon6 del Sol power window control module - how do you get to it?

i looked around on google for over an hour, and spent half that poking around where it should be to find it. i know it's under/behind the radio, and under the vent duct just before it forks. but how do you GET to it? my rear window has been fully down for a week, and it's not exactly warm outside. i also can't park anywhere with it considering it's wide open, so it's been stuck in the garage. anybody ever replace one of these control modules before? any advice on how to access this thing? thanks in advance for any help.

and before anyone suggests it - no, it's not the fuses, wires, or switchbox. i checked. the window problem was sporadic before this total failure. before this whenever it didn't work it would be all the windows. shutting down the electrical system completely and restarting would fix it. sometimes once, sometimes a number of retries, but i'd suspected it was a controller issue from the start once i figured out it was always all three windows and never just one.
Old 03-06-2010, 04:36 PM
Oh look, I can change this

Received 131 Likes on 105 Posts
Default Re: del Sol power window control module - how do you get to it?

Ah crap, never mind. It's your REAR window ... this I have no idea about.

Last edited by deschlong; 03-06-2010 at 05:52 PM.
Old 03-07-2010, 01:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i pulled the rear window the other night and totally forgot to use a probe and force it to move in the meantime. i got instructions on how to get to the module without pulling panels, but it refuses to come out after unbolting. i really hope i don't have to pull the whole dash for a part the size of my wallet.
Old 05-04-2010, 03:34 PM
Trial User

Hey are you still facing that problem or you fixed, because i have a similar problem on my del sol all 3 windows wont work. I think it has to do something with the relay or wirings, So let me know how you doing so far.
Old 05-04-2010, 10:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

power window control module. $20 used on ebay. that was what was wrong with mine. you could check the relay or the switches, but if all of them stopped working at once it's more than likely that. from what i've read it's a very common issue with del sols.

also don't listen to civic owners, our box isn't in the door. it's behind the radio, in front of the airbag control unit. it's kind of a pain in the peesh to get to, but it can be done by yourself. good luck!
Old 08-03-2010, 09:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have the same problem only it's only my rear window that doesn't roll down anymore, I can hear the switch turn on, I purchased an entire new motor window assembly out of a working del sol for cheap, but it's quite the contraption anybody have a right up on a rear window motor assembly replacement.

There's also what looks like tracks included with what I purchased.

Last edited by AGENT_47; 08-30-2010 at 06:12 AM.
Old 08-29-2010, 09:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

sorry for the uber late reply, i blew out my computer's power supply and got lazy fixing it if it's clicking but not doing anything the motor's fine, but the module is probably dead. i had to replace the control module. 20 bucks off of ebay, and a bit of head scratching getting the old out since it DIDN'T come out as easy as everyone said it would. it's under the radio, don't listen to civic owners regarding the location of the module in a sol. hopefully you got this fixed before you've read this though, as it's been a few weeks lol
Old 08-30-2010, 06:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My left and right windows roll up fine , it's only the back that's not working.

There was allot of water in the back window assembly from the clogged window channel, the black tubes.

I cleaned that out and drained the water, I also popped out the plugs on the frame so the water can drain all the time.
Old 08-30-2010, 07:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

on my sol the left and right motors are way more worn out than the rear motor, so personally i wouldn't think it's that. i thought it was that too because only my rear would stop working, then one day all 3 windows crapped out and i realized it was the module.

i don't think i've seen the black tubes you're talking about. you're not talking about the channel under the trunk lid are you? dude, i hope you didn't pop the plugs that go into the frame under the sails. cuz then it's going into the trunk.
Old 06-14-2011, 03:23 PM
Trial User

your module should just come out just pull on it.... my back window works but my two sides dont.... i just put in a new module and new motors and switches..... can anyone help me.....
Old 06-14-2011, 03:29 PM
The Grumpiest

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

This thread is a year old. I think he's found it by now.
Old 04-26-2023, 05:11 PM
Trial User

I hate to make an old thread active but nobody has done a write up on how to get this del sol power window module out. There’s not a YouTube video or anything. Having issues with this thing. The center of the dash is out. I took out the console, I’ve pulled the carpet back. It seems as if the lower vent ducts are in my way. How do you remove this dang thing. Power windows quit working recently. All fuses good. All windows motors are good. I cleaned all the contacts on the window switches. And when you press the buttons on the drivers side or passenger it just goes *click* under the dash(noise comes from the power window module) and none of the windows work. Thanks
Old 04-26-2023, 05:23 PM

Huh. Lemme check the manual. Seems like there's a control module for all windows that's different from the Civic, where it's on the under-dash fuse box.
Old 04-26-2023, 05:40 PM