Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Del Sol - Need some advice/suggestions - Exterior

Old 02-24-2010, 11:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Del Sol - Need some advice/suggestions - Exterior

Wassup guys,

I just picked up a 96 Del Sol for $2400 and the interior is perfect.... the exterior was badly oxidized, after claying and buffing, it is now a really shiny raspberry in some spots and tomato red in others...in short, it's three different shades of red... so I'm going the Maaco route... I cant justify a two grand paint job on a two grand car. Gonna prep it myself but going cheap on the repaint... I know "You get what you pay for" but it's still better than three shades of red...

now here are some questions

It's factory color is R-81 Milano Red. Personally not a fan of red cars and was contemplating a color change, probably white if I go this route... but one thing bothered in me in the past was not having a matching engine bay and other hidden sections...so I'm most likely gonna reshoot it Milano...

1) I'm leaning toward not painting the factory rocker panels (afraid they're gonna start chipping) but should I paint them?

2) If I'm leaving the rocker's black, I wanted to get a front lip, paint or leave black to flow with the rockers?

3) Wheel questions.... 15's, 16's, or 17's?? I'm leaning toward some Gold 16 Drag Dr20, Work equip knock offs...but drop some suggestions....

4) Any one know of amber corners that are more "OEM" meaning not clear amber but more like amber JDM corners for eg's?

5) Mud Flaps or not? I work at a Honda dealer and can get some brand new ones for 45 bucks

6) Thinking about shaving the oem wing... yes or no? ...I think it looks claener without the oem wing...but feel like something is missing...

ANY OTHER SUGGESTIONS ARE WELCOME!!
Old 02-25-2010, 06:54 AM
New User

Default Re: Del Sol - Need some advice/suggestions - Exterior

hey bud, leave the rockers black, it looks more stock and a lot cleaner. Black lip will definitely make it flow nicely and thats what a lot of people do. 15's in my opinion are too small and 17's are too big, so 16's are the best bet with size. definitely get the mud flaps, i wish i could get them for that cheap! and I hate the looks of the wings to be honest.
dont go with the stock red... go cherry red
Old 02-25-2010, 07:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

hokay.

for the color thats up to you but really do NOT go to maaco. if your not gonna drop 2g on that paint and maaco it it'll be back to red or 3 red and lil white in a few months.

1. as up there it'll be chipping anyways so why not?

2. id say paint it.

3. just DDing this right? have you lowered it at all? id say those 16s are your limit no 17s. so hit those up.

4. http://jdmshit.com/parts/headlights/index.html there ya go.

5. hell yea. at least for the front i get mad some days getting car washes and by the time i get home my front fender gets covered in dirt.

6. up to you but id say yes. i kinda like it but i don't have one so i've just come to like it without it.

if you just want this car to drive then besides maintanence id say your set.
Old 02-25-2010, 11:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

thanks for the advice...i'm leaning toward leaving the rockers black....and the lip... 16's is the way I'm going definitely....