Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Del Sol mirror replacements & one piece side windows?

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2009, 10:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Del Sol mirror replacements & one piece side windows?

New del sol owner here on my 10th honda. I just got a 95 sol and there are a few things I cant stand. Part of the side window is seperate. Anyone know of a window replacement from maybe an integra or something that will replace current side window 2 glass set up? I would like one clean piece of glass for my sides. I also cant find any after market mirrors for sale. I found some people who used small square after market sport bike mirrors. I am thinking mirrorless and fill the holes when I paint it.

Last edited by SushiKid; 08-28-2009 at 10:53 PM.
Old 08-28-2009, 11:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: Del Sol mirror replacements & one piece side windows?

Go mirrorless ONLY if it's a show car or race car. Otherwise, enjoy having the first ******* State Trooper/Highway Patrol TOW your car, since it's a federal law and a towable offense in every state. Otherwise look through some used car lots for cars that had stand-off mirrors. It would be very easy to mount them, just not easy to find one that will sit "level".

You won't find any one-piece windows for a del sol except for maybe lexan conversions for race purposes. The way they designed the doors/windows does not allow for that wide of a window to roll into the door. Civics have the mirror in place of that window, and also roll straight down, while the sol goes at an angle. You could get a custom immovable window, for a very high price of course, but that won't include the required molding that doesn't have the cutout for that divider piece between the windows.
Old 08-28-2009, 11:12 PM

Crap oh well for the side windows. Those girly mirrors I will remove and fill the holes. Ive seen one guy take spoon style mirrors and mounted them on the second front piece of glass. I think he used some kinda super strong glue maybe same kind they use for rear view mirror. It looked pretty clean. I was also thinking after i shave the mirrors in this state only driver side mirror is required so i will buy a small square mirror maybe a short after market sport bike mirror and glue it to the front side window to get by but im sure i will get a ticket for that such as the last cop told me i was unlawfully lower than stock.
Old 08-29-2009, 12:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

In most places you only need 2 mirrors, driver's and rear-view. As long as the mirror isn't the size of a dime, they usually won't bother you if it's not stock.

If you can get a flat metal plate where the mirror anchors normally, you could use some epoxy intended for metal/glass. Rear-view mirror repair glue is that cyanoacrylate stuff, it will turn white with moisture.

BTW here's a funny article related to mirror laws, and has put them in the spotlight as of late:
http://jalopnik.com/5240712/michigan...ror-tchotchkes
Old 08-29-2009, 01:39 AM

lol that was kinda funny. Yea only the rear view and drivers side mirrors are required. Next im going to get a ftiv block off plate. Did you remove your trunk mount set up for holding the roof? I just unbolted the whole thing and took it out. I only paid 1000 for the sol. The idle when i bought it kept bouncing from 1k to 3k over and over on its own orig owner didnt know what was wrong with it as I knew it was a dirty iacv. Offered 1k drove it home and cleaned the iacv. Now idles perfect at 750.