Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Del sol Interior

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2004, 07:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Del sol Interior

so im makin my car show one step at a time, the next thing i wanna do is a white/blue color scheme i was wondering if anyone could give me and tips on how to do it. im goin to completly take out my dash so i can paint it in my garage. if ne1 has pics of a dual color scheme interior post pics, thanks!
Old 04-17-2004, 07:53 PM

Default Re: Del sol Interior (nvmyskills)

you may get better response to this answer in the appearance/cosmetic forum..

however, I am by no means saying it doesn't belong here.
Old 04-17-2004, 07:54 PM
rxse7n

I like the Del Sol interior as is, with maybe a few accents. If you MUST paint it, get it professionally done. I am yet to see a good looking painted interior that was done in anyones garage.
Old 04-17-2004, 07:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (rxse7n)

check out the CF or brushed aluminum del sol setup that blownsol made... nicest Sol interior set ever. =o)
Old 04-17-2004, 08:44 PM

Default Re: (citrEK)

HAHAHHAHAH

I think this guy's f*ckin' with us ALL! Love the avatar

But if this is real....sorry I"m all out of suggestions.
Old 04-17-2004, 08:48 PM
rxse7n

I don't think he is. Check out the link in his sig...that sol is gonna fly to the sol with its mid trunk mounted 747 wing.
Old 04-17-2004, 09:11 PM

Can I buy that car?

I'd like to save it from sixteen year olds that think they're cool with their wings.

icy hot stuntaz y0.
Old 04-17-2004, 09:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (qsilver074)

holy rice.... wtf, i didn't check that out before... loose the wing, get a tasteful interior kit from this guy... aim = "aahyjek"
Old 04-18-2004, 01:31 PM

yah well i dont have mommy and daddy paying for **** for my car unlike u all. im only 16 theres not much i can do by myself, http://www.cardomain.com/member/426561 thats the kinda dash im doing
Old 04-18-2004, 01:39 PM

Default Re: (nvmyskills)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nvmyskills &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yah well i dont have mommy and daddy paying for **** for my car unlike u all. im only 16 theres not much i can do by myself, http://www.cardomain.com/member/426561 thats the kinda dash im doing</TD></TR></TABLE>

Really?
Old 04-18-2004, 02:20 PM

First of all... Your not gonna get any respect on this board acting like that... If you want rice you picked the wrong board... Anyways just because i happen to actually be in the process of painting my interior ill tell you what i did... I havent takin apart my dash yet... But i have painted the back panels behind the seats to see how it would look... I took everything off from the top part of the back window down... Even where the seatbelts come out of... I had to detach my seatbelts at the floor to get those panels off... I took the back speaker panels off along with the wide middle peice between them... Then i wetsanded all the plastic pieces with some heavy grit to rough it up alittle bit... Wiped all the pieces down with rubbing alcohol to get any oil off... Let those dry for a little while... Then i bought some krylon white primer (Becuse im painting them white) and coated the pieces like 3 times... Allowing drying time ofcourse... If you dont let it dry you will get big puddles and it will look like ****... Once they were all primered... I sanded each peice down with some fine grit to remove any impurities... Then, I bought some white duplicolor accrylic enamel paint... Coated each piece 2 times, then sanded, another 2 times, then sanded... Once those were dry i went back over it with alchohol and clearcoated each piece like 5 times... With sanding in there somewhere... I painted mine outside so i had to sand... Dirt and other **** would get stuck to the paint so try to paint in a clean environment... Hope that helps...
Old 04-18-2004, 02:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 98WHP &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">First of all... Your not gonna get any respect on this board acting like that... If you want rice you picked the wrong board... Anyways just because i happen to actually be in the process of painting my interior ill tell you what i did... I havent takin apart my dash yet... But i have painted the back panels behind the seats to see how it would look... I took everything off from the top part of the back window down... Even where the seatbelts come out of... I had to detach my seatbelts at the floor to get those panels off... I took the back speaker panels off along with the wide middle peice between them... Then i wetsanded all the plastic pieces with some heavy grit to rough it up alittle bit... Wiped all the pieces down with rubbing alcohol to get any oil off... Let those dry for a little while... Then i bought some krylon white primer (Becuse im painting them white) and coated the pieces like 3 times... Allowing drying time ofcourse... If you dont let it dry you will get big puddles and it will look like ****... Once they were all primered... I sanded each peice down with some fine grit to remove any impurities... Then, I bought some white duplicolor accrylic enamel paint... Coated each piece 2 times, then sanded, another 2 times, then sanded... Once those were dry i went back over it with alchohol and clearcoated each piece like 5 times... With sanding in there somewhere... I painted mine outside so i had to sand... Dirt and other **** would get stuck to the paint so try to paint in a clean environment... Hope that helps...</TD></TR></TABLE>

WORD yO
Old 04-18-2004, 02:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (98WHP)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 98WHP &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">First of all... Your not gonna get any respect on this board acting like that... If you want rice you picked the wrong board... Anyways just because i happen to actually be in the process of painting my interior ill tell you what i did... I havent takin apart my dash yet... But i have painted the back panels behind the seats to see how it would look... I took everything off from the top part of the back window down... Even where the seatbelts come out of... I had to detach my seatbelts at the floor to get those panels off... I took the back speaker panels off along with the wide middle peice between them... Then i wetsanded all the plastic pieces with some heavy grit to rough it up alittle bit... Wiped all the pieces down with rubbing alcohol to get any oil off... Let those dry for a little while... Then i bought some krylon white primer (Becuse im painting them white) and coated the pieces like 3 times... Allowing drying time ofcourse... If you dont let it dry you will get big puddles and it will look like ****... Once they were all primered... I sanded each peice down with some fine grit to remove any impurities... Then, I bought some white duplicolor accrylic enamel paint... Coated each piece 2 times, then sanded, another 2 times, then sanded... Once those were dry i went back over it with alchohol and clearcoated each piece like 5 times... With sanding in there somewhere... I painted mine outside so i had to sand... Dirt and other **** would get stuck to the paint so try to paint in a clean environment... Hope that helps...</TD></TR></TABLE>
Nice respone from a neebie. You will do well on HT
Old 04-18-2004, 02:54 PM

HT is my life... I love hondas... Thats it... Oh and i guess my girlfriend... I just dont post alot... But im here everyday...
Old 04-18-2004, 04:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

The only problem with painting Del Sol interiors is that, it really doesn't do that well in some shows when going up against stock Del Sol interiors.

This interior beat out the other guy with painted Del Sol interior...
Old 04-18-2004, 04:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (DelSolSiR)

wow nice del sol
Old 04-18-2004, 04:21 PM

Default Re: (dakineboiracin)

Maybe a stupid question , but...the visors? Jdm? or custome?
and tweeters in door?
Old 04-18-2004, 05:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (DelSolSiR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DelSolSiR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
</TD></TR></TABLE>

yO jdm sunvisors
Old 04-18-2004, 05:15 PM

iono but i love your avatar
Old 04-18-2004, 05:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

my friend painted his dash looked like total ***
also the glare from the sun made it impossible to drive
just so you kno if u plan to drive the car alot or u can get like a dash cover to put over it to cut the glare and take it off for show
Old 04-18-2004, 06:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

"SELLING STOCK RECARO BUCKET SEATS 250+SHIP, PERFECT CONDITION, GRAY STRIPE!!!"

wowow recaros with grey stripe? mad rare

"HEY IF THERE ARE ANY COMPANIES OUT THERE THAT WANNA SPONCER A NEW COMER W/ LOTS OF POTENTIAL LET ME KNO I'LL TAKE W/E I CAN GET, EMAIL IT!"

hmm, ill sponsor you. give me ur address and ill send u a screwdriver to take that wing off!
Old 04-18-2004, 07:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (dunkd)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dunkd &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

hmm, ill sponsor you. give me ur address and ill send u a screwdriver to take that wing off!</TD></TR></TABLE>

LOL!!!

Yea man stay on Cardomain with the rest of the StUnN@'s y0!!1
Look at his first response on his page for example:

superjiggyfly2: yo dawg thats got da ill potential u jus gots ta get sum ill mods and **** yo! right now its...

yea dawg, get some ill mods like some motegi MR7's and a double decker wing.

And who are you to say that our parents pay for our ****? My parents have never contributed a dime to my cars...
Old 04-18-2004, 07:27 PM

Default Re: (lax1185)

TOO FAST! (too fast) TOO FURIOUS! (too furious)

LOL I LOVE IT! That wing has to be the worst looking thing ive ever seen in my life, but .. whatever floats your boat I guess lol.

And I will "SPONCER" you, if you tell me what that word means ..

And my parents dont contribute to my car either and im 19. So
Old 04-18-2004, 07:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Awar318)

Im 19 too. live on my own. pay my own bills. buy my own gas. (most expensive bill)
Old 04-18-2004, 07:52 PM

Default Re: (boo bees)

Yeah I have an apartment as well, so I know, things get expensive.

Quick Reply: Del sol Interior