Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Del Sol Guru's.. New Owner with some questions!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2009, 11:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Del Sol Guru's.. New Owner with some questions!!

Just picked up a 1993 Del Sol Si. Vehicle came from Texas, in prestine shape. (I live in the eastern part of Canada where its hard to find a 2009 in good shape).

My background, I have been around Honda's for awhile. Had a very clean LS EG hatch, a RHD CRX SiR, and now this Del Sol.

So. It's completely stock, just had it back from the bodyshop to get a fresh coat of factory green. I'm going to do the cosmetic and suspension part over the next month then I will start working on the swap..

I've done some research but I can't seem to find a straight answer. I had a mugen front lip and type-r rear lip on my EG hatch and I really liked the look.. But here is my questions.

1. Front lip?
I've read that the 99-00 type-r front lip will fit.. Is there any options for a Mugen lip?? I take it that the 92-95 Hatchback lips do not fit at all.

2. Rear lip?
The rear bumpers are very different on these cars.. Now what would be the cleanest rear lip for the vehicle? I really liked the way the type-r lip looked on my hatch (very clean).. I'm looking along the lines of that.

3. Aux Light switch?
Top left of instrument cluster there is a aux light switch. . . I'd assume that would be for factory installed fog lights? Mine does not have any and the switch does nothing. Just want to make sure.

4. Stereo?
I've been use to have lots of room in my trunks for a decent size subwoofer. My object is to keep the trunk as useful as possible in this car.. anyone have any pictures/suggestions/ideas?

Anyone have any decent pictures of the vehicles with the light green factory color?

Any help would be appreciated...
Old 03-01-2009, 08:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Del Sol Guru's.. New Owner with some questions!!

any pix?

need more help see del sol forum
delsollounge.freeforums.org

or pm me

im the del sol guru
Old 03-01-2009, 11:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by arusht
3. Aux Light switch?
Top left of instrument cluster there is a aux light switch. . . I'd assume that would be for factory installed fog lights? Mine does not have any and the switch does nothing. Just want to make sure.
That is for the 2 "inner" lights on your front bumper. They probably seem like they don't work because they are VERY dim.

Originally Posted by arusht
4. Stereo?
I've been use to have lots of room in my trunks for a decent size subwoofer. My object is to keep the trunk as useful as possible in this car.. anyone have any pictures/suggestions/ideas?
It's called a Del Sol Stealthbox: http://mobile.jlaudio.com/products_s...hp?fit_id=1403
Old 03-02-2009, 06:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

There is many lips for a del sol. Its just all what u want. UKDM offers many of them but you have to pay have them shipped to the states.
Old 03-02-2009, 06:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

as far as sub woofer goes a single 10 mount in like hte right corner or so gives you so much and enough bass for that little of a car. Ive had 2 12s in it before it took up the whole trunk it really stunk and not to mention killed the car. Now i got a single 10 and have enough room for my lacrosse stuff, book bag, and such.
Old 03-02-2009, 06:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Alright back to lips.

Rear lip. The type m rear lip that vis racing makes for the del sol is very clean. But also flows with the type m side skirts.

I have a ukdm from lip on my del sol. Flowing with the type m side skirts. But i went crazy with my rear bumper, But all together it came out pretty clean. Here is what my setup looks like on my del sol

Old 03-02-2009, 06:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Jedi_Sol
That is for the 2 "inner" lights on your front bumper. They probably seem like they don't work because they are VERY dim.

It's called a Del Sol Stealthbox: http://mobile.jlaudio.com/products_s...hp?fit_id=1403

those 8inch sub woofers that come in the stealth box dont really give alot of bass i used to own a jl stealth box i sold it cause it was just not alot of bass you have the top off and you could not hear it.