Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Del sol front end swap

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2009, 07:50 PM
JDW
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Del sol front end swap

i have seen pics of the del sol with the civic and integra swap on them. I like the look of the integra swap but want something different than everyone else... was thinkin of the rounded body style prelude front end. has anyone seen this? how do you think it would look? would it be more work than the civic or integra swap?
Old 07-18-2009, 07:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Del sol front end swap

Old 07-18-2009, 08:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Please just leave it how it is or at least stay del sol front end... 93-95 sol front end, 96-97 front end, or JDM front end (doesn't have bumper reflectors)

Front end swaps look bad on del Sols.
Old 07-18-2009, 09:07 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Looks pretty good to me, but I perfer the del sol front end on the del sol.

Integra front end looks LAME like a mini squished convertible integra

Last edited by farkiller; 07-18-2009 at 09:12 PM.
Old 07-18-2009, 09:16 PM
H-T White Ops

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

There are so, so, SO many threads covering as many del sol swaps that have been done. If it's been posted online, there's a good chance it's been posted and re-posted and re-re-posted on honda-tech.com.

I've also posted in most of those threads to help supply photos, so I know they're out there.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&s...&aq=f&oq=&aqi=

I even made myself a little folder on my computer where I collected all the photos. There's like 30-50 of them!

I'd link you to them all, but I've become tired of linking to them again and again just o post in a thread that will be replicated weeks or months later.

I still do not understand what is so wrong with the stock del Sol front ends though. The 5th gen Prelude has one of the UGLIEST Honda front ends I've ever seen. They don't even look like Hondas up front.
Old 07-18-2009, 09:20 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Originally Posted by NOFX
There are so, so, SO many threads covering as many del sol swaps that have been done. If it's been posted online, there's a good chance it's been posted and re-posted and re-re-posted on honda-tech.com.

I've also posted in most of those threads to help supply photos, so I know they're out there.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&s...&aq=f&oq=&aqi=

I even made myself a little folder on my computer where I collected all the photos. There's like 30-50 of them!

I'd link you to them all, but I've become tired of linking to them again and again just o post in a thread that will be replicated weeks or months later.

I still do not understand what is so wrong with the stock del Sol front ends though. The 5th gen Prelude has one of the UGLIEST Honda front ends I've ever seen. They don't even look like Hondas up front.
Ewww your right!

Check out the crappy 08 accord

Old 07-18-2009, 09:24 PM
H-T White Ops

I figure you're being sarcastic, but I stand by the fact that 5G Preludes, 1G CLs, and a few other Honda models just do not look like Hondas (usually on the front) of their era.

They don't look right to me.

And I know that front end would look huge and chunky on the little petite del Sol body. The del Sol rear is rounded off, as are the stock fronts. The 5G Prelude is blocky and will look mixed up on the del Sol body.
Old 07-18-2009, 09:26 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Originally Posted by NOFX
I figure you're being sarcastic, but I stand by the fact that 5G Preludes, 1G CLs, and a few other Honda models just do not look like Hondas (usually on the front) of their era.

They don't look right to me.

And I know that front end would look huge and chunky on the little petite del Sol body. The del Sol rear is rounded off, as are the stock fronts. The 5G Prelude is blocky and will look mixed up on the del Sol body.
No im being serious, you are correct, it looks like crap IMO. The 5th gen prelude
Old 07-18-2009, 09:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Really guys? Damn. lol I kinda like the 5th gen prelude front end. Only on a 5th gen prelude of course... not the silver one above though, it has an ugly grille and I think the mismatched hood makes it look worse. But the black one...
Old 07-18-2009, 10:11 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Originally Posted by trustdestruction
Really guys? Damn. lol I kinda like the 5th gen prelude front end. Only on a 5th gen prelude of course... not the silver one above though, it has an ugly grille and I think the mismatched hood makes it look worse. But the black one...
The headlights kill it IMO, they look terrible, if it has older prelude headlights it would be sexy!
Old 07-18-2009, 10:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I just figured out what it is about the headlights that bothers me on the silver one... it has eyelids! EW!

Look at the headlights on the black 'lude. WAY better looking.
Old 07-18-2009, 11:09 PM
H-T White Ops

The black one looks okay, but they still don't look like Honda front ends and that bothers me a little bit.

That front end is big. It would just make the del Sol look smaller. In a funny way. And an ugly way.
Old 07-19-2009, 01:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

be a baller and do a s2k front end. my 2 cents. otherwise keep it the way it is and go for other parts/swaps/etc.

if i had a del sol with a ek/eg/dc front end, i'd have to buy a cage and look for a lyger to put into it.
Old 07-19-2009, 05:14 AM
JDW
Honda-Tech Member

the prelude picture in the previous post is not the body style i was talking about. iwas talking about the one in the following post. This is the one i think would look good on the sol. and with the s2k the only swap i would wont to put on my sol is the motor and make it rear wheel drive. dont really care for s2k. this is the last year for them, looking foward to seeing what hondas next 2 seater will be

Last edited by JDW; 07-19-2009 at 05:24 AM.
Old 07-19-2009, 05:20 AM
JDW
Honda-Tech Member

Old 07-19-2009, 05:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by farkiller
Looks pretty good to me, but I perfer the del sol front end on the del sol.

Integra front end looks LAME like a mini squished convertible integra
The two civic ones look way better than I thought they would. Go with the 99-00si front. That looked awesome. Just get it to fit better then that one did.
Old 07-19-2009, 05:56 AM
JDW
Honda-Tech Member

what do u guys think of this one? wide body with g35 headlights and tails. i kinda like it
Old 07-19-2009, 06:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by JDW
what do u guys think of this one? wide body with g35 headlights and tails. i kinda like it
I think that is ricer as hell...
Old 07-19-2009, 06:23 AM
JDW
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by tercel95
I think that is ricer as hell...
lol, yeah kida of, i like the sol i just want something different than what everyone else has
Old 07-19-2009, 06:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

OP, it's your car so I respect the fact that you have to live with it, but WHY ruin one of the most unique front ends honda has made? If you want a civic or a prelude then buy one, why mar up a perfectly fine front end?
Old 07-19-2009, 07:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

the 2000 front end looks nice.
Old 07-19-2009, 07:06 AM
JDW
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Since 1983
OP, it's your car so I respect the fact that you have to live with it, but WHY ruin one of the most unique front ends honda has made? If you want a civic or a prelude then buy one, why mar up a perfectly fine front end?
not sure i want to yet, just kickin around some ideals and getting some opinions. Just want something different ya know
Old 07-19-2009, 09:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

wow, this thread is shapin up nicely...
Old 07-19-2009, 11:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

There was a 99-00 civic swap on a del sol in F&F that makes it automatically uncool... Also if you want to be different you probably should have started out with something other than a civic/del sol...

That being said there is a lot of stuff to do to your car to make it look clean, that won't be so intensive... Some nice rims (not red rims on a blue car) and a drop is what I consider a nice car... Nice and clean...
Old 07-19-2009, 11:22 AM
JDW
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by tercel95
There was a 99-00 civic swap on a del sol in F&F that makes it automatically uncool... Also if you want to be different you probably should have started out with something other than a civic/del sol...

That being said there is a lot of stuff to do to your car to make it look clean, that won't be so intensive... Some nice rims (not red rims on a blue car) and a drop is what I consider a nice car... Nice and clean...
i have allready dropped it shaved the emblems, handles, hood squirters, and antenna. up next is the mirrors and fuel door becuase yes i do like the clean and smooth look. And i started with the sol because it was the car i wanted when i was a kid and found this one for a good price when i actually could use another vehicle. I just wanted to see if anyone had ever seen a prelude front on a del sol? though it might look alright or at least better than the civic front

Quick Reply: Del sol front end swap