Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

del sol front end on an eg hatch?

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2007, 10:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default del sol front end on an eg hatch?

Has anyone done a del sol front end on an eg hatch? just something I was considering. If anyone has pictures it'd be appreciated, I'm kinda iffy on the way it'll turn out.
Old 05-15-2007, 10:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: del sol front end on an eg hatch? (sohczcturbo)

Is that the best way to spend your money?
Old 05-15-2007, 10:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: del sol front end on an eg hatch? (JMelt4)

Seen concepts for it, IMHO it doesn't look too good.
Old 05-15-2007, 10:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

For the money you will spend on the conversion you could have picked up a Type-R 5-lug setup and received a bunch of "whoa's" instead of "wow... WTF!?!". And if the shop/yourself doesnt do it right you are going to dump even more useless money in to fixing it. But that is just me.
Old 05-15-2007, 10:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: del sol front end on an eg hatch? (BlackoutVTi)

Well jmelt, I already have a boosted d15b7 in it and a sohc zc going through it's final stages of being built. Justing waiting for the rings to be filed and everything to get balanced and then that'll be swapped in hopefully in July, depending on free time. But hey, there's better things to spend money on isn't there? I've got tons of ways I'd could spend my money, but I like to keep it simple and spend it mostly on my car . Now if you're done being cocky, you could answer my question, or just not reply back to this thread. Gratze. Thanks for the reply Blackout, will check. It's just an idea I had to maybe be a little different from the autozoner's around here. I haven't ever heard or seen of one so I'd like to look at one before hand.
Old 05-15-2007, 11:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Ya, I actually was curious about the five lug thing but I rock the D series so I have never heard of being able to run a 5 lug setup unless you can modify the hub? But that's why I'm asking. I got the "go" pretty well setup for it and it's got decent suspension and brakes (even did rear disc lol) just wanted to clean the body up somemore. Not looking for it the grab your attention, just looking to set it off a bit from the rest. Thanks for the comment though. And what do you figure this would cost? I figured the radiator supports and maybe the bumper supports would be the same so it would take more time than money to do. I like doing all my own work so when it turns out like **** I can bitch to myself about it lol.
Old 05-15-2007, 11:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I think in parts alone, rad support, fenders, hood, bumper, lights, and turn signals you are going to run maybe around 700-1k depending on where you pick them up and in what condition. Possibly even more towards 1k after prep and paint and modification. The 5-lug can be had for about 1k and you can install that all yourself. Even if you did a nice lip w/ some fogs and picked up some nice 15/16" rims for your car. Or if you already have rims some nice Recaro SRD's for your interior and so on. The possibilities are endless. EG/EJ's look nice just lowered, toss a lip and some fogs and they look even nicer for small amounts of money. The I/C will be a nice addition to your front bumper
Old 05-15-2007, 01:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

lol yes the intercooler is a very nice adition to it. I've been looking at fogs and I plan on getting them, and I've been eyeballing the hell outa the mugen style front lip lol. It has a c/f hood already, gsr blades, lowered on tokiko springs and struts. And I got a sparco seat and a CRX SI pasenger seat. ****, for that much I think I'll skip it and do a right side drive conversion when I grow the ***** lol. I've only seen about 3 right side drive cars in my city, none of which were honda's. But you're saying there is a way to run a 5 lug setup on a d series? Cause if so, I'd be all for that, good looks and functional, that's what I like lol.
Old 05-15-2007, 01:38 PM
Ek Forever y0!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: (sohczcturbo)

Quit being a ricer and get a del sol if you want a del sol front end.

Honda got it right the first time.

Old 05-15-2007, 01:41 PM

Default Re: (ek forever guy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ek forever guy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Quit being a ricer and get a del sol if you want a del sol front end.

Honda got it right the first time.</TD></TR></TABLE>
nah honda's a shitty company.
Old 05-15-2007, 01:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

"Honda got it right the first time."

is that like your favorite quote ot something? lol

Old 05-15-2007, 05:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

mmmkay. Why don't you take you're own advice and go bitch in the PMS section. And why are you even in the eg section if you're such an ek lover? Just move on to bigger better things, like trying to think your car's fast or someone actual gives a **** to what you say.
Old 05-15-2007, 06:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Im not sure how it would look but originality is key especially driving a civic. Props on wanting to do something different as opposed to the rest of the sheep and its definatly better than some gay *** super shogun faceweapons bodykit lameness.
Old 05-15-2007, 06:19 PM

Default Re: (Lord Milferdeen)

Some time ago I saw a 5th gen hatch with a JDM 3rd gen Integra front.

Very tasteful IMHO.

It's yer money, dowhatchalike
Old 05-15-2007, 08:30 PM
Ek Forever y0!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: (Ag-Eng)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sohczcturbo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">mmmkay. Why don't you take you're own advice and go bitch in the PMS section. And why are you even in the eg section if you're such an ek lover? Just move on to bigger better things, like trying to think your car's fast or someone actual gives a **** to what you say.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Take another look, this thread is for 92-00 civic's Fanboy.

I don't need a fast car to compensate for anything. Sorry. Where did I say i was trying to say my stock y7 is fast?

Jump in a hole.
Old 05-16-2007, 12:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Take a look at the topic title, now tell me how that pertains to you? Does it say "People that don't have anything better to do than talk ****, come here"? I didn't think so. Do me a favor; when you find yourself out of people to bash for reasons that don't even concern you, start digging my hole, and I'd be more than happy to jump in buddy. Here, I'll atleast give you a reason to be a *****. Your a pricke. (Incase you're narrow minded self didn't catch that, I'm inviting you to bash me for not being able to spell.)

Ag-Eng, that does sound very tasteful lol. But there's a decent amount of integra's running around here, and I wouldn't want to be mistaken for a dohc lol, I take pride in my sohc, way too much for my own good. I priced most of the stuff I'd need to do the del sol front end and for the price I could probably be close to pulling off a right side drive. It'd be a lot more time and difficult to pull off, but it'd do numbers towards the being different idea.

I think I'll just clean her up with the lip kit (front and back) and maybe some mugen style side skirts. I haven't seen anyone around here running Nippon Rims, which is surprising considering they are almost like a factory Honda performance company. They make a nice set of black 5 spokes with chrome lip that are light in weight, and very reasonably priced. The goal of my car isn't too attract the masses with neon lights and a body kit that takes up the whole lane I'm cruising in. It's to catch the eye of someone that actually knows the smaller details of a Honda, like my rear disc brakes or the subtle intercooler hiding behind the factory bumper that hasn't been cut out. I guess I'm going for the sleeper look with that small bit of "bling" that only serious and dedicated Honda owners will appreciate.
Old 05-16-2007, 12:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

if u have the money for the parts go forit , its your cash, car, likes.
Old 05-16-2007, 12:25 AM
HT White Ops

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My only concern about putting a Sol front on an EG is the more "bubbly" look of the Del Sol as compared to the EG. I think it would make the front end look bigger, and wouldn't flow as well.

I'd love to see pictures if you do decide to do it.

As far as what you need to do, I believe you need to use the front half of the Sol fenders and the back half of your stock fenders. You'll also need the Sol core support. The hood should bolt on.
Old 05-16-2007, 12:26 AM

Oh man.thats the first for me.
didnt see that before.
Old 05-16-2007, 12:41 AM

Default Re: del sol front end on an eg hatch? (4BangahEK9)

def. do what you like and it's your car your money... as long as you like it that's all that matters. def. be diff too. so i would say go for it if you got the funds. and bump them haters
Old 05-16-2007, 12:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: del sol front end on an eg hatch? (Di_Di_Mau)

It would def. be a first for me to see. Not sure how it would look. I can try to photoshop one for you. I'm not that great with photoshop though might I add.
Old 05-16-2007, 01:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: del sol front end on an eg hatch? (96civic_hb)

I am loving the photoshop idea lol. I've seen a guy here local that did a ek front end on an eg. He used his eg fenders and cut them to fit the eg head lights. I think he simply cut the eg hood to fit to, which completely contradicts him doing an ek front end, rather a ek headlight and bumper. But I'm curious to see as well. And I'm too stubborn to take the chances and be a pioneer when it comes to something like this. Its one of those things that could make for an exspensive mistake if I don't like it lol.
Old 05-16-2007, 01:20 AM
HT White Ops

Best I could do while half awake and not looking very hard for similar pictures:

Old 05-16-2007, 01:23 AM
H-T White Ops

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sohczcturbo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">mmmkay. Why don't you take you're own advice and go bitch in the PMS section. And why are you even in the eg section if you're such an ek lover? Just move on to bigger better things, like trying to think your car's fast or someone actual gives a **** to what you say.</TD></TR></TABLE>
LOL

Btw, del Sols come with stock DOHC engines too.

I highly doubt anyone will see a 5G hatch with a 3G Integra front end and think, "Wow, that probably has a built ITR engine."

I'd agree though... stick to lips... at least for now. Then if you end up really wanting to do a front end conversion you can sell the lip(s) and do the conversion. On the other hand you can end up doing a costy front end conversion only to end up having your tastes change.
Old 05-16-2007, 01:25 AM
HT White Ops

For the record ....

idea that

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sohczcturbo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I haven't seen anyone around here running Nippon Rims, which is surprising considering they are almost like a factory Honda performance company</TD></TR></TABLE>

Nippon Racing has nothing to do with Honda ... at all .... not even close. Where would you get the idea in your head that they made Honda factory performance parts?

Where the hell do you get your information?

Since when were knockoffs of Gabs, Desmonds, and Rays considered "Honda Factory Performance" ....

Quick Reply: del sol front end on an eg hatch?