Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

del sol front end change over!

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2007, 02:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default del sol front end change over!

since i got smaked and need a headlight,hood, bumper, and pass. fender i was thinking of just swap on a ek front end or eg. something else whatt this require? i think just " front bumper, both side fenders, headlights and the hood " maybe the bumper beam... im not sure anyone done this before?? lmk what i need im also painting the car after its back together so color doesn't mater at all lmk what you get for sale and shoot pics of your front ends!!
Old 05-14-2007, 03:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: del sol front end change over! (4ghatch)

Rather than go through all that BS why not just get a CF hood, jdm fenders, jdm headlights and a new front bumper(total cost about 900+ paint for bumper and fenders)...no since in just pissing money away on a front end conversion that normally comes out looking like ***(figure 6-700 for just the parts, another 500+ for the labor to get it done right + paint)
Old 05-14-2007, 03:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: del sol front end change over! (broketuner-Sol_Si)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by broketuner-Sol_Si &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Rather than go through all that BS why not just get a CF hood, jdm fenders, jdm headlights and a new front bumper(total cost about 900+ paint for bumper and fenders)...no since in just pissing money away on a front end conversion that normally comes out looking like ***(figure 6-700 for just the parts, another 500+ for the labor to get it done right + paint)
</TD></TR></TABLE>

I agree!
Old 05-14-2007, 03:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by broketuner-Sol_Si &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Rather than go through all that BS why not just get a CF hood, jdm fenders, jdm headlights and a new front bumper(total cost about 900+ paint for bumper and fenders)...no since in just pissing money away on a front end conversion that normally comes out looking like ***(figure 6-700 for just the parts, another 500+ for the labor to get it done right + paint)
</TD></TR></TABLE>

i hear ya but im doing the work and paint myself so thats all 100% FREE . and i found mint front ends for $300 in this site alreaddy in the last hour. i was looking at the 98 teg frontend. and i know its doable for sure since i've seen it in person on a crx!
Old 05-14-2007, 03:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I've seen a 98 teg front end on a del sol before... looks like ****!
Old 05-14-2007, 03:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 4ghatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

i hear ya but im doing the work and paint myself so thats all 100% FREE . and i found mint front ends for $300 in this site alreaddy in the last hour. i was looking at the 98 teg frontend. and i know its doable for sure since i've seen it in person on a crx!</TD></TR></TABLE>

but do you know how to weld and do body work(that doesn't look like ***)? the reason I ask is because on all the front end conversions I've heard off you need to basically cut the fenders in 1/2 and use the back portion for you're car and the front portion for the fron of the fender.

If you can do it yourself and want to be different by all means go for it, but don't expect to get much props with a random front end conversion on your car
Old 05-14-2007, 03:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by broketuner-Sol_Si &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

but do you know how to weld and do body work(that doesn't look like ***)? the reason I ask is because on all the front end conversions I've heard off you need to basically cut the fenders in 1/2 and use the back portion for you're car and the front portion for the fron of the fender.

If you can do it yourself and want to be different by all means go for it, but don't expect to get much props with a random front end conversion on your car</TD></TR></TABLE>

'yeah im not the welder but i got a guy that welds for a living and saya he would do it for me too since ive got the welder. i can do 90% of any bodywork needed and my close friend works at a shop so he can watch over my shoulder and coach me. as for the " getting of the props " im just saying if im going to do it now would be the time . as i do not plan to crash again lol! and im walkin out with a fat check to me NOT the body shop you know
Old 05-14-2007, 03:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

eg front end looks good, but the ek and integra front ends look like ****

del sol front end looks better than all those though
Old 05-14-2007, 03:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Dude dont do it, just sell your del sol to someone who wont expletive it up. Im not trying to be an ******* or anything but it just seems like del sols are magnets for the ultimate ricer, you may not be that way, but as a Sol owner myself i would hate to see another one get destroyed with a front end conversion or some other rediculous body mods. Its a great car if you do it right, just come on over to the del sol thread in appearence and cosmetic and get yourself a little better idea of what a del sol should really look like

Which ever you decide though, good luck
Old 05-14-2007, 03:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (WrongWD)

i have seen the eg front on one in a pic and they are nice
Old 05-14-2007, 04:51 PM

1st of all.. really think about this.. take things into perspective..
1.Nobody is going to be suprised by the retarded look of your EK, EG, DC, or DA conversion on your del sol.. Its all been done before. 99% of all the cars I've seen with these conversions have looked "like ***".
2.Way too much work and spent money that could have been applied somewhere else to make your car look 10 times better and earn you way more respect.
3.Your ruining a perfectly good car. A del sol is meant to have 2 style front ends.. 93-95 or the 96-97 ..(in the US) there is a reason why other front ends dont bolt on. They dont belong on it.
4.You suck...
Old 05-14-2007, 05:16 PM
Ek Forever y0!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: (jdeemseerx)

Honda got it right the first time

Do the jdm replacement with sidemarkers and fogs, looks much cleaner.

Old 05-14-2007, 06:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (ek forever guy)

only good conversion is the eg front end..
Old 05-14-2007, 08:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (jdeemseerx)

ok flame on me if you want dsoc but i've seen a clean white sol with ek front and still like it. would i do it? who knows for sure since i have to many other ideas and projects. But the jdm 1pc lights and shaved sides do make a world of a difference.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jdeemseerx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">1.Nobody is going to be suprised by the retarded look of your EK, EG, DC, or DA conversion on your del sol.. Its all been done before. 99% of all the cars I've seen with these conversions have looked "like ***".</TD></TR></TABLE>
matter of opinion and depends on the sol.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jdeemseerx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">2.Way too much work and spent money that could have been applied somewhere else to make your car look 10 times better and earn you way more respect.</TD></TR></TABLE>
very true though

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jdeemseerx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">3.Your ruining a perfectly good car. A del sol is meant to have 2 style front ends.. 93-95 or the 96-97 ..(in the US) there is a reason why other front ends dont bolt on. They dont belong on it.</TD></TR></TABLE>
you forgot about MUGEN and there were jdm updated 96-97 fronts.
Old 05-14-2007, 09:55 PM

I personally prefer the 96 and 97 front bumpers. Thats what I replaced my 95 with.
Old 05-14-2007, 09:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (ek forever guy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ek forever guy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Honda got it right the first time

Do the jdm replacement with sidemarkers and fogs, looks much cleaner.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

what more do you want than this ^^^haha...
Old 05-14-2007, 11:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Si_EH6_6)

yeah i wanted the 96-97 del sol bumper till i coldnt find one for a month and gave up looking!! not looking to spend $200 + on a oem bumper thats for sure!! my 93 replacment was $32.60 out the door so yeah....
Old 05-15-2007, 12:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

</TD></TR></TABLE>

i've seen some nice ones for sure. i searched and got pricing for all brand new oem parts to do the 92-95 hatch/coupe front end swap and rather than the " $600-$700 just for parts " you quoted me it all came out to exactly $264.75 + tax and $120 for the one piece lights i found for the eg. so thats $384.75 for the hood, both fenders, bumper, lights, and the radiator suport assembly.

so to do the swap it would almost be cheaper for me since from the same place my oem del sol hood is $126.50 , the fenders are $88.50 each , the head light thats smashed is $39 for the one , and the bumper is $33.75... so to return to stock again it is $376.25

looks to like its worth doing for $8.50 more ill be done plus time and some materials i have here already why not

looks like your " $1,200 project " is going to cost less than a third of what you thought
Old 05-15-2007, 04:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by broketuner-Sol_Si &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Rather than go through all that BS why not just get a CF hood, jdm fenders, jdm headlights and a new front bumper(total cost about 900+ paint for bumper and fenders)...no since in just pissing money away on a front end conversion that normally comes out looking like ***(figure 6-700 for just the parts, another 500+ for the labor to get it done right + paint)</TD></TR></TABLE>

you forgot all the JDM ish.... if you add up a new carbon hood, JDM headlights (not the ebay knock off), JDM front bumper, and JDM fenders it would be around $900 plus some for the lower fogs and other misc. accessories. I am pretty sure your OEM stuff at your shop isnt JDM stuff so you could always go USDM for cheaper than JDM, and from a guy who started off with a sol that needed a new front end i was all thumbs for a 00 si conversion but then i saw the light i guess you would say and i went and spent my money on bigger and better things like a build motor, rims, etc. now i am not the one to flame because i love the way the 00 si conversion looks on the sol but i am just trying to save you money to spend on better things but if you really want the swap go for it........one last thing you will get more props by far for real JDM ish then a swap from another vechicle
Old 05-15-2007, 05:28 AM

Going for the stock or jdm front will be easier, and looks a lot cleaner. But again, it's YOUR car, you can do what ever you want. Good Luck
Old 05-15-2007, 06:35 AM

Default Re: del sol front end change over! (leo_vang17)

I swapped a 99+ Eclipse front end onto a 03' dodge stratus. The only modification was banging off the radiator support and swapping it with a new one, all the other pieces bolted right on as if they were meant to go there.
Depending on the car you may not need to do body work. Remember a del sol is pretty much a civic. I would imagine that if you replace the radiator core support, got a hood, fenders, front bumper and headlights that the parts would line up pretty much just fine. For example thats all that was done with the stratus and you cant tell that it isnt from the factory like that. I could be wrong on this as I havent done that so do some research in your application, but be wary of the advice you get from everyone who claims to be an expert having tried that swap.
Old 05-15-2007, 06:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: del sol front end change over! (Crispy)

i'm pritty much done buying the preformance parts for the car already since i have the b16 swap and and the tial wg, bov, gauges, profec 2 , crome chiped p28, ect... all i really need is the pistons and it'll be time for tuning so
Old 05-15-2007, 06:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i'm going to keep to the oem/jdm front but if you do a conversion my vote is ek/00 si
Old 05-15-2007, 07:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Where can u find JDM fenders and a JDM bumper with lower fogs?...I can't find em anywhere, and the few times i've seen em on ebay the price is ridiculous (exspecialy a bumper w/ lower fogs!)...If you know a place that has del Sol JDM parts let me know (password JDM has been out of stock on the fenders for many moons) - I'm thinkin it might be cheaper for me to get a bodyshop to shave my reflectors on the bumper, and add sidemarkers to my USDM fenders
Old 05-15-2007, 07:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: del sol front end change over! (De La Soul)

keep it stock

Quick Reply: del sol front end change over!