Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Del Sol - Drivers side Pwr window func in passenger side?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2011, 06:12 PM
Izo
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Del Sol - Drivers side Pwr window func in passenger side?

Hey Honda freaks :-)
My better half complains that she has to hold the switch for her power window to come all the way up (or down) to the fully shut (or open) position. Women, sigh.

Basically I want to ask if the functionality of the drivers side - e.g. pull/push the switch to the outer position, let go and window rolls all the way up/down - is controlled by a microprocessor or if it's a simple capacitor or relay. Can it be fitted to the passenger side easily or am I looking at some major heart surgery here?
Just to clarify: I'm not looking to add a master panel to the passenger side - Just the automatic rool up/down feature for her side.

I know it's silly, but yeah, there you have it.

Have a nice Easter :-)
Old 04-22-2011, 06:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Del Sol - Drivers side Pwr window func in passenger side?

Only the drivers side has the auto function, not the passenger side.
Old 04-22-2011, 06:24 PM
Izo
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Mattdg67
Only the drivers side has the auto function, not the passenger side.
Yes, I'm aware of that. I'm trying to remedy exactly that. First step, I gather, would be to figure out what gives this functionality in a Del Sol. I've seen it done by microprocessors - e.g. it senses the depress for an extended period. I've also seen it done with a capacitor that sustains the signal. Usually it's a combination of sorts - I don't know which in this case. I'm asking you guys what you know about it / If you know of a clever way to deal with it - Thanks for commenting though :-)
Old 04-22-2011, 06:35 PM
The Grumpiest

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

??? It's a stock condition that it behaves this way so there is nothing to remedy. I highly doubt there are microprocessors involved. Find a spare drivers switch and transplant it to the passenger side. That's just my guess. If you really need to know I don't know what's stopping you from pulling the door panel and examining the switch itself.
Old 04-22-2011, 06:50 PM
Izo
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by grumblemarc
??? It's a stock condition that it behaves this way so there is nothing to remedy. I highly doubt there are microprocessors involved. Find a spare drivers switch and transplant it to the passenger side. That's just my guess. If you really need to know I don't know what's stopping you from pulling the door panel and examining the switch itself.
Yeah, it's a stock condition in this old ('93) Del Sol. I was just curious as to whether or not anyone else had done this before. I can't be the only one here with a woman who likes 'newer car' functionality in old cars :D
I'll take both sides apart as you suggest and have a look. You're most likely correct that it's a simple mechanism. Transplanting one, hmm, didn't think of that. I'll see if I can find one from the scrappy - It might do the trick - Thanks! :-)