Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

del-sol door handles..need help (big pic)

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2005, 07:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default del-sol door handles..need help (big pic)

i have some questions about door handles on the del sol... i am buying a del-sol with no interior door handles...its a del-sol SI.. i am wondering how easy is it to replace the handles... as u could see in the pic...the pulling piece is missing as well... i am not sure what parts to get and how easy is the install...any help would be helpful..thanx in advance

http://img85.exs.cx/my.php?loc...x.jpg

Modified by -B16A- at 10:26 AM 3/10/2005
Old 03-09-2005, 07:49 PM

Default Re: del-sol door handles..need help (-B16A-)

door handels are easy to replace just did mine because it was so cold out when I opened my door my door handle was froaen and broke
Old 03-09-2005, 07:51 PM

Default Re: del-sol door handles..need help (SIcivicHATCH)

if you need help let me know
Old 03-09-2005, 09:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

its easy. hey while your at it might as well get the jdm ones. the ones with the maplights. spices up your interior
Old 03-09-2005, 10:29 PM

Default Re: del-sol door handles..need help (dohcVTECeg2)

I WANT YOUR SEATS
Old 03-10-2005, 12:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SIcivicHATCH &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">door handels are easy to replace just did mine because it was so cold out when I opened my door my door handle was froaen and broke</TD></TR></TABLE>

i was talking about the inside one...do i just have to get the parts and just screw it on there? cause from that picture..even though i could see the inside clearly..but since i dont own a del sol yet..i dont know the mechanism on the inside door handles...do i just simply screw the new piece on there? and power door lock should also work fine as well..asuming no wires or anything was cut? thanx
Old 03-10-2005, 08:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

anybody knows what parts to get as well.. just the handles?
Old 03-10-2005, 09:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

yeah, you'll need the handle assembly, not hard at all

Do you have the rod's running to that hole? I can't see them if they are there. Somethings obviously gotta connect to that handle though.
Old 03-10-2005, 09:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by -B16A- &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i have some questions about door handles on the del sol... i am buying a del-sol with no interior door handles...its a del-sol SI.. i am wondering how easy is it to replace the handles... as u could see in the pic...the pulling piece is missing as well... i am not sure what parts to get and how easy is the install...any help would be helpful..thanx in advance

http://img85.exs.cx/my.php?loc...x.jpg
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Super Easy!!!

Old 03-10-2005, 10:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: del-sol door handles..need help (Falqon)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Falqon &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yeah, you'll need the handle assembly, not hard at all

Do you have the rod's running to that hole? I can't see them if they are there. Somethings obviously gotta connect to that handle though.</TD></TR></TABLE>

thas the thing i am worry about...if it will be too hard to connect the rod... or i dont even know if the rod is there..does it look like it is there? i never own a delsol so i dont know what it is placed and what it should look like.. ill try to find out if the rod is there or not...
thank you so much for the response... and thanx DELSOLEMITE for the diagram! looks like the handle is in one piece..now i have to worry about the rod
Old 03-10-2005, 01:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Go look man, if you see rods through that hole, you're job is going to be a lot easier. They're obvious
Old 03-10-2005, 02:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: del-sol door handles..need help (Falqon)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Falqon &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Go look man, if you see rods through that hole, you're job is going to be a lot easier. They're obvious</TD></TR></TABLE>

um...i havent pick up the car yet, i only got pic so far..i was wondering if we could tell from the pic if there is a rod there or not..most likely not correct?
then i assume that i have to take out the door panels to find the rod?
thanx for the input anyways!!
Old 03-10-2005, 05:45 PM

if the rod is there then all you need is the cable... its simple, hook the cable to the internals and to the handle, attach the rod, and screw it back in
Old 03-10-2005, 08:29 PM

Default Re: del-sol door handles..need help (jarrodholley)

i have a problem with my sol driver door interior handle also - - it locks everytime i shut the door - - and the handle just doesnt feel right - - its also almost impossible to actuallly flip the lever to the lock position - - although it still locks - - all i know for sure is that its really f'ed up so i think im going to replace it expecially if its so easy...

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dohcVTECeg2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">its easy. hey while your at it might as well get the jdm ones. the ones with the maplights. spices up your interior </TD></TR></TABLE>

gotta link for these so i can see some pics and prices??
Old 03-10-2005, 08:32 PM

Default Re: del-sol door handles..need help (94sol_vtec)

I for one am having a hell of time fixing my Sol handles. Of course it was cold out, I'm in KC and offer beer to those of age for their help resolving this issue.
Old 03-10-2005, 10:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: del-sol door handles..need help (CaptivaBlue)

thanx for the input....from what u guys said...seems like it is not hard..just hook the cable and the rod to the handle and screw it in.... i am picking up the car on sataurday..hopefully the cables and the rods are already there...they might just moved down toward the bottom of the inside door panels... this is what i am hoping... and i actaully found a link on teamdelsol.com and it has diagram of how to remove them and reverse it for installation... hope everything goes well...once again..thanx alot guys
Old 03-11-2005, 01:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

bah... i got rid of mine a couple of years ago...

i also recently upgraded the exterior handles to the keyless ones... my keycylinders didn't work anymore... and i know the color doesn't match, the car will get painted soon...

Old 03-11-2005, 03:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 94sol_vtec &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i have a problem with my sol driver door interior handle also - - it locks everytime i shut the door - - and the handle just doesnt feel right - - its also almost impossible to actuallly flip the lever to the lock position - - although it still locks - - all i know for sure is that its really f'ed up so i think im going to replace it expecially if its so easy...

gotta link for these so i can see some pics and prices??</TD></TR></TABLE>
With Hondas as well as most cars you are unable to lock the door then close it. You must lock it from the outside. If you are stuck on locking it then closing it, simply hold the interior handle out and lock the door, it will lock.
Old 03-11-2005, 06:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: del-sol door handles..need help (S(J)O(D)L(M))

not to get too off topic here but what is the cable for?? my civic has two rods, one to lock and one to open the door.
Old 03-11-2005, 08:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: del-sol door handles..need help (hndakd)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hndakd &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">not to get too off topic here but what is the cable for?? my civic has two rods, one to lock and one to open the door. </TD></TR></TABLE>delsol's have a rod for the lock and a cable to open the dor.
Old 03-11-2005, 08:26 AM
foz

Default Re: del-sol door handles..need help (gumbii)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by gumbii &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">bah... i got rid of mine a couple of years ago...

</TD></TR></TABLE>

not to sound like a dick, but why? why would you remove the handles? the locks I understand and would personally do If I wasn't so lazy, but why the interior handles, I wouldn't feel to cool if every time I wanted to get out of the car I had to roll down the window and reach for the outside handles?
Old 03-11-2005, 09:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: del-sol door handles..need help (foz)

^^agreed.
Old 03-11-2005, 02:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: del-sol door handles..need help (maybewhenimdead)

yeah..i would like to know how u open the doors also.
Old 03-11-2005, 02:45 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 94sol_vtec &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">gotta link for these so i can see some pics and prices??</TD></TR></TABLE>gotta link for these so i can see some pics and prices??[/QUOTE]

i have a set and they go for around $100 or so for the lights i believe
Old 03-11-2005, 08:32 PM
foz

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 94sol_vtec &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
gotta link for these so i can see some pics and prices??</TD></TR></TABLE>

I got my JDM map lights from inlinefour.com or maybe it's inline4.com anyways I think I paid 80 shipped...

Quick Reply: del-sol door handles..need help (big pic)