Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Death to an EK

Old 01-12-2008, 11:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Death to an EK

So on my way to school today and about 3 minutes away i'm going about 45-50 mph which is the speed limit. I'm going and i notice that this car looks like its going to be hanging out of a side street at the stop sign, and then it pulls out.

I slam on the breaks but just slam into the tire of this ladies Acura MDX. Basically i hit her going around 40, the bumper side skirt and bumper support ended up 20 ft down the road, the carbon fiber hood was bent in half cracked everywhere. The airbags went off one of which hit me. The front lip was completely destroyed passenger headlight unrecognizable and non existent. Radiator fluid was everywhere.

The passenger side fender is destroyed, lower control arm broke all bolts holding it in place, most likely axle is broken. Strut tower looks pushed in like 3 inches and the frame in front of that on the passenger side is DESTROYED. Radiator support is like non exsistent and every thing is just one big heap of ****.

The frame in front of the strut tower is unrecognizeable. Its depressing actually. I didn't get hurt bad, cut my hand up and was real sore today. But the car is done.

So yeah totalled for sure but in saying that it wasn't my fault and i will be getting a check sooner or later. I am lookin for a new civic now, hopefully it will be a 96-00 civic so that i can just keep most of my stuff... i'm just down now guys... hope this doesn't happen to ya'll

i'll post pics later

Pics:

Modified by mckrank313 at 8:06 PM 1/15/2008
Old 01-12-2008, 11:29 PM

Default Re: Death to an EK (mckrank313)

take the bitch to court
Old 01-12-2008, 11:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

im sorry to hear that man.

Thats my #1 fear!

everything will be better soon!
Old 01-12-2008, 11:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Death to an EK (i_am_a_black_man)

Your not going to get as much as you want, sue the retard for the rest. That's one of the more blatant acts of retardism I have ever read. Gather up receipts for anything after market that was destroyed, or if you get less than blue book go with that. I'd definitely try it... Because that expletivein' sucks.
Old 01-12-2008, 11:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Death to an EK (hgem1si)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hgem1si &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Your not going to get as much as you want, sue the retard for the rest. That's one of the more blatant acts of retardism I have ever read. Gather up receipts for anything after market that was destroyed, or if you get less than blue book go with that. I'd definitely try it... Because that expletivein' sucks. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Insurance companies don't usually cover all your aftermarket aesthetics parts.

@ OP:
Sucks man, I never understood why people do that (pull out) - I don't get how somebody could not judge that they won't make it across the street by the time the car gets there.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by i_am_a_black_man &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">take the bitch to court</TD></TR></TABLE>

I'm sure she's got liability up to 500k in injury (or whatever the going rate is now-a-days). You can't take her to court - you can take her insurance company to court for money, which is what I would do as if you were doing the speed limit as you stated - then she is 100% at fault.
Old 01-13-2008, 12:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Death to an EK (Syndacate)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Syndacate &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Insurance companies don't usually cover all your aftermarket aesthetics parts.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah I know, this is why I suggested lawsuit. Haha
Old 01-13-2008, 01:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Death to an EK (hgem1si)

damn suks to hear that bro! but hey look on the bright side...atleast your ok... but none the less that suks...sorry for your loss!
Old 01-13-2008, 01:46 AM

that is whack,but hey death to an ek and birth to a better ek
Old 01-13-2008, 05:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (jdm_BlaZe)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jdm_BlaZe &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">that is whack,but hey death to an ek and birth to a better ek</TD></TR></TABLE>yeah defintely this could turn out for the better.

Good luck
Old 01-13-2008, 05:49 AM

Default Re: (erok515)

That sucks man! Are some of the parts salageable? But, as stated before, this could be a new beginning for you. Best of luck dude!
Old 01-13-2008, 06:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

That sucks man, let me know if you want a real jdm car, have RHD luds, civic, 1 skyline, and 2 type r's
Old 01-13-2008, 07:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

ouch that sux
Old 01-13-2008, 07:21 AM

Default Re: (littobabyboy409)

Im in Winnipeg Canada W/ d15 eg looking like an SiR II Gets Boken into Every 5 Months living at an apartment w/ out in the open Parking.

The Car is For Sale. I think I have to Wait Till i Can Garage One... And Manitoba Put an IMOBILIZER on it so it cant be stolen... My Poor Molested Car!
Old 01-13-2008, 07:22 AM

Default Re: (heavyhittersclub)

My Car Gives me this Look Somtimes as if i have Betrayed It....
Old 01-13-2008, 08:00 AM

was the driver some old bitch?

good luck on your claims and new ek9
Old 01-13-2008, 08:36 PM

Default Re: (SkaiWu)

the driver was a woman who looked to be in her late forties early fifties maybe.. she said she didn't see me but she didn't even look... if she had looked she would have seen me... hell she should have heard my exhaust its not that loud but loud enough to hear.

the police report puts her at fault and we have already made the claim with her insurance. i will get a rental car for like 2-3 weeks possibly and the adjuster is coming this week to look at the car. and of course they hate giving blue book value at which point i will talk to them about the carbon fiber hood, possibly about some other things.

As for the salvageable parts, all the interior is fine. hell the doors are fine. driverside fender is fine. every other front end piece doesn't even look like it belonged to a car at one point. the motor looks fine and shouldn't be messed up, no oil dripping or anything. I can't see the tranny mount, thats how bad the frame is messed up there. And the intake pipe is crushed down onto it. (after i get my check my grinder will come in handy ripping whats left of the radiator support off to get to the motor)

So all in all it will mean that it could be the beginning of something better since i now know what i'm doing and have quite a few parts that are perfect. i'm just sad that it had to happen this way. I guess its better than having it stolen though.

time to start fresh it looks like and most of the time that means bigger and better
Old 01-13-2008, 09:03 PM
Reject Papi

Default Re: (mckrank313)

man sorry to hear that, like my dad always said, "women drivers, no survivors"
Old 01-14-2008, 01:06 AM
R.I.P. Mark

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

he dude thats just no fair
id go sadam on her ***

hehehe did your carr go eeeeeeeeeekkkkk when you slammed the brakes

good luke with the rebirth """"LONG LIVE ALL EK's""""
Old 01-14-2008, 09:56 AM

Default Re: (MRGRIM)

yeah the car went eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeekkkkkkkk and it also as a way of crying poured radiator fluid all over the road
Old 01-14-2008, 10:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Damn that sucks. I just broke my axle and i thought that was bad.
Old 01-14-2008, 10:03 AM
Cool Cool Island Breezes. BOY-EE

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

OP, I'm glad you're being respectful. It was her fault...but nobody's perfect. I get cut off or pulled out in front of by tons of ricers as well as normal, unattentive idiots.

To all the people calling this lady by the term "bitch". I.E. "take the bitch to court"...what if someone was talking about your mom or sister or GF this way? Cmon now.
Old 01-14-2008, 10:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (B serious)

Does your neck hurt? $$$$$$$$$$ : )
Old 01-14-2008, 02:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sucks! at least you're ok ... cars are replaceable, people aren't. sorry to hear about that though!
Old 01-14-2008, 02:11 PM

It's good to hear you came out of this just a little sore and not much else. Good luck on the rebuild.
Old 01-14-2008, 02:14 PM

Default Re: (JShull)

again guys thanks for the support and thanks for wishing me good luck on the next project. Trouble is just coming at the point of finding a nice car at a nice price that kind of thing ha. but again thanks and feel free to pm me if you know of or have a car in DFW area TX.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Death to an EK