Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

DC2-R Subframe on EG!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2005, 12:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DC2-R Subframe on EG!!

Hi guys,

i've done a search and found some subframe topics and collected some info...but there is a little more few of things i loved to know..

i want to convert my EG9 to fully ITR suspension...

I want to make this as stock as i can, as with much Honda parts as i can, so here are some questions:

1 - Are the EG Subframe and DC2-R one compatible between each other?? as in, if i have the 2 of them brand new in front of me, are they exactly matched on the contact with the chassi?? is the DC2-R subframe all i need in my EG or there is another little thinguy that i need??

2 - are all DC2-R subframes equal??? i'm talking, obviously of the JDM, European (my zone) and USDM...

3 - having a DC2-R subframe, ITR LCAs, is the 23mm JDM rear swaybar (with D-Brackets and endlinks) a bolton?? or there is anything else to look for in my EG?

4 - about the front swaybar, can i just bolt on the JDM DC2-R or EK9 (complete with D-Brackets and endlinks), or do i need LCAs also?

i hope this isn't a drag for you all, but i want that my EG look as stock as i can.

Thank you all,
Nuno

Old 05-23-2005, 08:38 AM

Default Re: DC2-R Subframe on EG!! (UnhuZ)

i believe they should fit but some one correct me if im worng... the integra and the civic share just about everythig.. including the supsension ... so there forth it mayh fit you car.
Old 05-23-2005, 08:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by UnhuZ &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

4 - about the front swaybar, can i just bolt on the JDM DC2-R or EK9 (complete with D-Brackets and endlinks), or do i need LCAs also?

</TD></TR></TABLE>

if your EG9 has a factory front bar, I believe the front dc2-r bar will bolt in with the correct bushings and endlinks. if you don't have a factory front bar, you'll need any dc2 (r or non-r) front LCA's with swaybar endlink mounts. the oem civic front subframe will already have holes for the D brackets.
Old 05-23-2005, 12:49 PM

Default Re: DC2-R Subframe on EG!! (dantastic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dantastic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

if your EG9 has a factory front bar, I believe the front dc2-r bar will bolt in with the correct bushings and endlinks. if you don't have a factory front bar, you'll need any dc2 (r or non-r) front LCA's with swaybar endlink mounts. the oem civic front subframe will already have holes for the D brackets.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeahh...my EG9 has a front bar from the factory.. it's the ferio version of the EG6 SiR2... with B16A2 and all....only sold in Europe i think...

Old 05-23-2005, 01:23 PM

it all fits, use the DC2R rear LCA's if you dont have the holes for the swaybar. The only thing that will not fit is the 'tiebar' that the ITR has. It uses 2 mountpoints on the rear subframe wich a EG does not have.
Old 05-23-2005, 02:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: DC2-R Subframe on EG!! (creez)

wishing i did this to my eg
Old 05-24-2005, 08:59 AM

Default Re: DC2-R Subframe on EG!! (creez)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by creez &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">it all fits, use the DC2R rear LCA's if you dont have the holes for the swaybar. The only thing that will not fit is the 'tiebar' that the ITR has. It uses 2 mountpoints on the rear subframe wich a EG does not have.</TD></TR></TABLE>

But if i install the DC2R Subframe, then i'll have those tiebar mounting holes, right??
my main question here is if i can install the DC2R complete subframe on my EG

Old 05-24-2005, 10:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Installing the type R rear subframe to an EG requires cutting and welding.

I also wanted everything to look stock, so I just flat blacked all my aftermarket parts. It's a lot of trouble and $$$ to convert to Integra type R parts when you can get aftermarket parts instead. BTW, the aftermarket parts are better than the type R parts. For instance, my springs and rear swaybar are thicker than their Integra R counterparts.

Those big *** brakes are not going to look stock. Besides, you're going to need big rims for them to fit.
Old 05-24-2005, 09:42 PM

Default Re: DC2-R Subframe on EG!! (suspendedHatch)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by suspendedHatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Installing the type R rear subframe to an EG requires cutting and welding.</TD></TR></TABLE>

i know....it's my Honda Dealer that will do that job. but it's possible, right??

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I also wanted everything to look stock, so I just flat blacked all my aftermarket parts. </TD></TR></TABLE>
Not an option...

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">It's a lot of trouble and $$$ to convert to Integra type R parts when you can get aftermarket parts instead. BTW, the aftermarket parts are better than the type R parts. For instance, my springs and rear swaybar are thicker than their Integra R counterparts.</TD></TR></TABLE>
well, i know it costs money, but i'm not in a hurry...i prefer to wait and do it perfectly.
About the springs, the stock DC2 coils will only be there until i got a top coilovers...can't send all at once
About the thicker swaybar... i think 23mm is big enough....

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Those big *** brakes are not going to look stock. Besides, you're going to need big rims for them to fit.</TD></TR></TABLE>
What brakes??? how do you know i'm expecting a big brake kit??
i'm waiting for a wilwood 12.2" 4pot kit... and it will fit the 15" (stocksize) rims i'll get...the TeamDynamics

thanks, but let's keep these going on so we all learn a little bit more
Old 05-25-2005, 05:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by UnhuZ &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

But if i install the DC2R Subframe, then i'll have those tiebar mounting holes, right??
my main question here is if i can install the DC2R complete subframe on my EG

</TD></TR></TABLE>My vx already had those.
Old 05-25-2005, 08:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It wouldn't make sense to swap on the type R control arms without the spindles.
Old 05-25-2005, 09:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: DC2-R Subframe on EG!! (suspendedHatch)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by suspendedHatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">It wouldn't make sense to swap on the type R control arms without the spindles.</TD></TR></TABLE>

uhh, why not...

I use ITR rear LCA's for my suspension, but GSR spindles/rear brakes... it works..

Only reason I can see someone wanting to do a DC2-R subframe is that its stronger from the factory, and would prevent rear swaybar subframe tearout...
Old 05-26-2005, 06:52 PM

Default Re: DC2-R Subframe on EG!! (navin)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by navin &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Only reason I can see someone wanting to do a DC2-R subframe is that its stronger from the factory, and would prevent rear swaybar subframe tearout...</TD></TR></TABLE>

Exactly....
Old 05-27-2005, 06:34 AM

Exactly
Unhuz.. i Have a problem with that replacement (of the subframe)

Welding is not for all, and i don'w know what kind of welding is applyed to the subframe.. If it's a normal MIG-MAG welding it's ok.. But what if it's a laser welding? And beeing a normal MIG-MAG welding.. When our EG's were produced was not a man that welded, but a machine, with certain parameters.. and i am afraid, because the subframe is exposed to a lot of bending and shearing forces and moments I will try to learn if its a simple welding or not..
Keep it up..

(go Portugal EG's )
Old 05-27-2005, 08:28 AM

Exactly.... </TD></TR></TABLE>

what do you plan on doing?

i track my cx on kumho V710s with an ITR rear sway and beaks reinforcement kit and NO problems here

i'd replace my subframe if it tears out...or start looking for a new shell...

Old 05-27-2005, 08:40 AM

Good luck

Old 05-28-2005, 05:33 AM

Default Re: DC2-R Subframe on EG!! (EgRedSi)

Help me.. Cx? i don't remember what it is..
Old 05-28-2005, 06:12 AM
^ no longer owns a honda

Default Re: DC2-R Subframe on EG!! (ADN_pt)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ADN_pt &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Help me.. Cx? i don't remember what it is.. </TD></TR></TABLE>

a cx is the base model hatchey, lightest hatch available. mine weighs 2080lbs with me in it
Old 05-28-2005, 01:30 PM

Default Re: DC2-R Subframe on EG!! (boostinhatch)

ah ok.. is the model of the civic.. oki doki.. :D different designations in USDM
Old 05-29-2005, 12:48 AM

Default Re: DC2-R Subframe on EG!! (ADN_pt)

ADN, i'll make the change in a Honda Dealer.... i already talked to the man who is going to do that and he explained how he is going to do it... it appears to me that it will be ok. first i got to do a money gathering

Old 05-30-2005, 04:56 AM

really? uhh.. very good.. Unhuz i got disappointed that in the track day (autoX) in estoril all de EG's of suspension just had coils or springs and the rest was all OEM.. I'm very glad you trying to do that.. I want to know too how much it takes..

What about the trailing arms and the LCA's.. are you going to change everything, since, i guess, the trailing arms are different to..