Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

DC2 exhaust on an EG...Will it work?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2002, 02:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DC2 exhaust on an EG...Will it work?

I want to buy the kakimotor r 70mm exhaust system cause its quiet and has 2.5 inch inner diameter. The problem is that they only make it for the integra. Is there any way to make the full catback fit on the EG chassis? What modifications need to be done? Thanks
Old 03-24-2002, 02:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: DC2 exhaust on an EG...Will it work? (Maximus)

check out this site http://www.redlyne.com
they have the kakimoto r for the eg
Old 03-24-2002, 03:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: DC2 exhaust on an EG...Will it work? (Maximus)

I want to buy the kakimotor r 70mm exhaust system cause its quiet and has 2.5 inch inner diameter. The problem is that they only make it for the integra. Is there any way to make the full catback fit on the EG chassis? What modifications need to be done? Thanks
I tried fitting the GSR catback on my civic b/c I got it for like nuthin and ppl told me it fit easily. WRONG!!! maybe it'd fit a coupe, but not a hatchback for sure. Pipes were too long, muffler stuck out too far, bends not in the right place (interestingly enough, it stock out as much as the gap I had when I dropped the motor in, but never got a chance to fit it). Also the hangars didn't line up. Thats my .02, hope that helped some.
-l8r
Old 03-24-2002, 06:08 PM

Default Re: DC2 exhaust on an EG...Will it work? (Amaury-R)

Redlyne only offers the 60mm exhaust. I was looking into the 70mm one for the Integra Type R. If they made one with a 70mm inner diameter then that would be awesome. Did you end up selling the exhaust or do you still have it on your car? What if I took it to a muffler shop to do some welding and cutting?
Old 03-24-2002, 06:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: DC2 exhaust on an EG...Will it work? (Amaury-R)

I tried fitting the GSR catback on my civic b/c I got it for like nuthin and ppl told me it fit easily. WRONG!!! maybe it'd fit a coupe, but not a hatchback for sure. Pipes were too long, muffler stuck out too far, bends not in the right place (interestingly enough, it stock out as much as the gap I had when I dropped the motor in, but never got a chance to fit it). Also the hangars didn't line up. Thats my .02, hope that helped some.
I never had a problem with mine ??? Fits like a glove >>>
Old 03-24-2002, 06:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: DC2 exhaust on an EG...Will it work? (Honda4CX-R)

I never had a problem with mine ??? Fits like a glove >>>
really, it fit under a eg hatch? it didn't fit @ all with mines - 94+ gsR catback. I had to cut the thing up to get it to drive to the muffler shop. Turns out the kid who I asked about it told me he has the pipes custom bent @ a muffler shop. From my experience, some of the hangars lined up, it touched my suspension arm, and it rubbed under the body-heat shields. So, mine's didn't fit like a glove.